• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When they ask me, how do I know the Bible is TRUTH

nutshell

Jensa said:
History is history. The Odyssey is History. It did happen. No excuses, It is POSEIDON'S Word. It's the truth. And it is all Inspired by Poseidon.

How is what I said any less valid that what you said?

It's not.

History/Flesh isn't how we learn truth. Only through the Spirit of the Father.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Jensa said:
History is history. The Odyssey is History. It did happen. No excuses, It is POSEIDON'S Word. It's the truth. And it is all Inspired by Poseidon.

How is what I said any less valid that what you said?

it isn't.
good point!

Abram

Abraham
I agree with thetruthwillsetyoufree 110% that it is the word of God. It was written by over 40 people that did not know each other over a period of 2000 years. Different jobs and different areas. Yet, it all comes together as one story.

If I had 10 of my friends write "the purpose of life." They all would say something completely different. I understand why you all don't want to believe because the devil hates the Bible more than anything else in this world. He will do anything and everything to discredit the book. Yet Jesus only spoke and taught from it. In fact in Matthew 4 he only quotes the Bible in order to defeat Satan's temptation.

Yes the Bible is true and has never been proven wrong and with stood the test of time and if you don't take it seriously you are blinded by the evil.

If you think you know God with out consulting the Bible you are inventing your own God. It is how he reveled Jesus.

-OT is the account of a nation.
-NT is the account of a man.
-The creator became man and died to purchase us.
-His death is the central theme of all history.
-He is still alive today and the most exalted privilege we have is to know him.

"Sin keeps you from the Bible, but the Bible will keep you from sin."
-Dwight Moody

onmybelief

dawny0826 said:
There doesn't have to be evidence or support for the believer to believe.

The believer walks by faith...not by sight.

Thank you for posting that.

Why is it that people always want proof of something in order to believe it? Prove this, prove that. It sounds like a broken record. Don't get me wrong, I respect those views but I am getting weary of people asking for proof when you shouldn't have to prove anything. Especially about one's faith.

Ody

may said:
the bible is a history book ,

:banghead3

O.k then, where is Noah's Arc?
A history book that gives pure facts has to able to be proven RIGHT!

finalfrogo

I agree, but there is a difference between belief and knowledge. People often fail to distinguish the two. Believing is not knowing. Believing is acceptance of theories. Knowledge is acceptance of fact.

That is why some do not accept the validity of the Bible; to say that the Bible is true is a theory.

finalfrogo

And they can try to justify these lies with more fabrications, such as the holy spirit.

Have you every noticed how the Bible proves it's own validity simply by saying that a divine entity validates everything within it? Ridiculous.

cardero

Citizen Mod
TheTruthWillSetUFree said:
History is hisory.The BIBLE is History.It did happen.No excuses,It is GOD's Word.Its the Truth.and it is all Inspired by God.
Welcome to the the 21st century where we have our own significant history that is unfolding right before our eyes. We have drama, comedy, intrigue, romance, action and adventure. And what history would be worth its retelling if we didn't have new and unusual beliefs to embrace and familiar truths to be recognized. Thrill to the endeavors and offerings of our modern day Christs. Technology beyond the imagination, feats that are miracles to behold. Experiences and wisdom and enlightenment are all in abundance, all waiting to memorized and recollected and written for future generations. All this in the 21st century where GOD is available, approachable and standing by for all your questions. Call today.

finalfrogo

And as you claim to have "knowledge" of the truth through the Bible, how do you account for all the inconsistencies and illogicalities inherent within such a text?

finalfrogo

standing_alone said:
I want to see Joseph's amazing technicolor dreamcoat!

It was yellow and white and green and orange and violet and blue and pink and red and teal and purple and...

finalfrogo

Yet it is the historical record itself that establishes such a notion... don't you think it's a bit ludicrous that a text would justify itself by claiming divine support? It's just as ludicrous as the ancient Asian emperors claiming to have the Mandate of Heaven...

finalfrogo

jewscout said:
the bible is not history.

if it is history it's some shoddy and poorly done history.

Yeah... it seems like history blended with fiction. It teeters off the historical edge when it starts describing God and his actions...

alexander garcia

Hi, sorry about the side question. Jewscout are you saying the Tanach is wrong? You must be refering to the so called New Testament? Do you believe the prophets? Do you believe Moses?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Abram said:
I agree with thetruthwillsetyoufree 110% that it is the word of God. It was written by over 40 people that did not know each other over a period of 2000 years. Different jobs and different areas. Yet, it all comes together as one story.

If I had 10 of my friends write "the purpose of life." They all would say something completely different. I understand why you all don't want to believe because the devil hates the Bible more than anything else in this world. He will do anything and everything to discredit the book. Yet Jesus only spoke and taught from it. In fact in Matthew 4 he only quotes the Bible in order to defeat Satan's temptation.

Yes the Bible is true and has never been proven wrong and with stood the test of time and if you don't take it seriously you are blinded by the evil.

If you think you know God with out consulting the Bible you are inventing your own God. It is how he reveled Jesus.

-OT is the account of a nation.
-NT is the account of a man.
-The creator became man and died to purchase us.
-His death is the central theme of all history.
-He is still alive today and the most exalted privilege we have is to know him.

"Sin keeps you from the Bible, but the Bible will keep you from sin."
-Dwight Moody

But the Bible is not the only way in which God is revealed. The Bible contains truth, as it was revealed to the writers. That truth is revealed by the writers through literary devices: poetry, letters, parable, myth, history. One has only to look at the OJ Simpson trial to understand that the facts do not always bear out the truth. Humans are not perfect, and it is humans who collect and analyze the facts.

Certain parts of the Bible have been proven wrong. Certain places mentioned in the Bible never existed. Some events do not fit the known time line, etc. BUT, none of that has any bearing on the truth that is revealed through the Bible -- that truth being that God loves us.

The Bible is the word of humanity about God and how God has been revealed to us.

-The OT is the account of God's revelation to a people.
-The NT lays out the Church's understanding of God's revelation to them.
-The Creator did not become man. The Father did not become the Son. It's a subtelty.
-God's love for us is the central theme of all Judeo-Christian history.
-The most exalted privilege we have is to be loved by him.

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away."

Abram

Abraham
sojourner said:
But the Bible is not the only way in which God is revealed. The Bible contains truth, as it was revealed to the writers. That truth is revealed by the writers through literary devices: poetry, letters, parable, myth, history. One has only to look at the OJ Simpson trial to understand that the facts do not always bear out the truth. Humans are not perfect, and it is humans who collect and analyze the facts.

Certain parts of the Bible have been proven wrong. Certain places mentioned in the Bible never existed. Some events do not fit the known time line, etc. BUT, none of that has any bearing on the truth that is revealed through the Bible -- that truth being that God loves us.

The Bible is the word of humanity about God and how God has been revealed to us.

-The OT is the account of God's revelation to a people.
-The NT lays out the Church's understanding of God's revelation to them.
-The Creator did not become man. The Father did not become the Son. It's a subtelty.
-God's love for us is the central theme of all Judeo-Christian history.
-The most exalted privilege we have is to be loved by him.

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away."
I like what you wrote and I can see it from your prospective. I love how you improved my Bible explanations (except you denial of Christ being God.) But thats a different subject for a different day. I didn't like you sarcastic quote to make fun of mine. But I understand you were just trying to be funny.

Where you and I see differently, if I understand you correctly is that I feel that if God could create the world and heavens he could deliver a book to us and say exactly what he wants it to. With out the Bible there would be no way for us to know who he was. He reveled himself to us through the Bible and became man to finish his revelation and save the world. You I think you believe that man (being man) and the writers of this book may have misunderstood, not understand the entire being of God. So the book could be at fault. Your right it could be? But for me it proves to change my life and make me a better person in the sight of him. So I belive every word, every comma, every dot was put there by the hand of God for me to learn from.

Are you Christian, LDS, or a JW? I think by all the love remarks your LDS?