• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When the "need" for a why become how.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The more i study Sufi teaching the less interested of a "why" occure but a interest for a "how"
arise from within my heart. If a sufi master tell something, the first thought that arise is " how can i make that in my life?" Instead of being judmental and ask "why do the teacher say this" "how can i prove him wrong"

Its a inward path to the heart.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I read that another way to look at purpose in life is not only to ask why (knowing where you're going) but to ask how will you do it-purpose by action.

So, instead of "(why) my purpose is to be fulfilled" it would be "my purpose would be to take care of family (that makes me fulfilled)."

Why should I find god? becomes "in what methods can I use to find him (prayer, etc)?"

The answer to the why comes from the discipline of the how rather than depending on mystery or answer to why to motivate you to do the how. I also read motivation isn't the key to habits but discipline is. So, that could apply to spirituality too. Either or.