• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When the ego falls away

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
That is the thing, I see laughter is the best medicine.

There is a saying that gives meditation to this subject, it is;

"The good deeds of the righteous are the sins of the near ones".

To me we can only ever be the righteous, thus we will always have a level of ego.

As to who are the near ones, I think we learn more about that as we let go of more ego.

I have trucks full, to give away free :D;), but then its hard to let go of those trucks, I have been filling them.since I was born.

Regards Tony

upload_2019-3-24_18-32-46.png

charlie sc

Sometimes difficult questions is what can trigger the wisdom to arise because one have to look within one self and see what is true :)

Yes. Just make sure that whatever venture one is on, it's not unknowingly a cover to avoid something else.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes. Just make sure that whatever venture one is on, it's not unknowingly a cover to avoid something else.
True :) Example when i talk about letting go of attachments. that does not mean one have to give up something, it means only the feeling of like or dislike about it will disapear, one see that it is as it is. one start to see the truth
No more clinging to physical objects

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Seen from the buddhist Point of view, there is no self but the ego that see the I, ME, MINE is what create an illusion of self. The body is not self, the thought is not self, there is no soul that exist for ever. But there is consiousness and as a buddhist when one let go of the attachment to self/ego there will exist only a consiousness of awarness. The understanding of that we are all the same consiousness arise, some call it oneness.
Very short explenation, But i am writing a Dhamma talk about this subject so when it is finish i will make it possible to read in the forum :)
I can agree that "The body is not self", however there is no reasoning why thoughts cannot come from something external from the brain, which would insinuate a Self.
Today we know, with the help of Neurotheology that the human brain (d)evolved to produce a sense of surrender and connectedness with the universe and/or a higher being. There are portions of the brain now known by neuroscience to coincide with religious and spiritual experiences. Religion and spirituality adapted from an evolutionary perspective to help humans control their environment, provide a stable social structure, and elaborate a system of morals.

"Man is conscious of himself in both capacities. He is aware of himself, on the one hand, as 'intelligence' and, on the other hand, as 'an object affected by the senses.' In the former or noumenal capacity, man is his "real self," wheras as human he is only an appearance of his self." - Emmanuel Kant

Proto-man was just one of many animal species fighting for survival over the millennia. If his brain could evolve through processes of natural selection, then why did the brains of other creatures not similarly evolve - at least a little? The fact is that the brains of other creatures have remained practically the same size while man’s has “evolved”. By the law of averages - which applies to natural selection as much as to anything else - there should have been at least some species other than man evolving in intelligence at least partway to the human level. There is none.

So what has taken place?

We are left with the explanation: Deliberate Cause
And this implies an Isolate Intelligence working through our physical being (brain / body)

Human intelligence is a violation of Objective Universal Law. That evidence for the existence of an intelligent entity distinct from the objective universe has instilled in humanity the potential to enjoy the same external perspective, as well as the intelligence to do so with deliberate, creative purpose.

This Higher Self / GodSelf does not behave as though it were merely a “sum total” of the brain’s sensory and manipulative capacities, combining and recombining inputted information as though it were an “organic” electronic computer. It has a sense of identity, a sense of uniqueness, a sense of distance and differentiation from everything else that exists.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Collectively between you and me, you are correct. Though judging by some of the posts I've read, I would guess it's plentiful.

How would one even measure quantity of ego? What would be the UOM?
The UOM is the 'I' (or 'me) count, over time. So if you're having a discussion with someone, and they use 'I' 10 times per minute, that's one egotistical person. However, if it's once an hour, the chap is reasonably humble.

However, this simply does not work for people who think they speak for everyone else, and use 'we' all the time, or for people who talk about themselves in third person like 'Jimmy' on Seinfeld.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
The question that arise is how to explain what happen when the ego is no longer with in what we call the Me Mine, I and so on. It is not possible to understand non self full before the ego has been full detached. But when non self has been understood, it is not easy to explain to those who still cling to a sellf :)
You answered your own question. (YOU) cannot explain it to another person. Again, just enjoy it and use it to do good for your own life and the lives of those within your life.

Every person has to discover it themselves.

It makes no sense unless (you) have experienced it. It is a self discovery of (your) life. It cannot be taught. It must be discovered.

So breathe deep and long and slow and ask yourself where am i and what am i doing?