• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When the ego falls away

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think they have to but I think it's a worthy goal. I assumed the OP has successfully, "full detached," from his ego judging from the initial post.

I don't assume. In my experience, doing so causes drama. Had I really wanted to know, I would have asked. But I didn't because it's of no consequence to me, and I felt that if he really wanted to share such an accomplishment, he would have done so on his own.

Shantanu

Or any question. This is quandary we find in our human existence; can we reach a level of enlightenment in this life to where questions do not exist?
Of course it is possible to reach that enlightenment in this life but not easy if one has attachments. We must just live without thoughts.

charlie sc

I don't assume. In my experience, doing so causes drama. Had I really wanted to know, I would have asked. But I didn't because it's of no consequence to me, and I felt that if he really wanted to share such an accomplishment, he would have done so on his own.
You're absolutely right. So, I'll ask.

shivsomashekhar

The question that arise is how to explain what happen when the ego is no longer with in what we call the Me Mine, I and so on. It is not possible to understand non self full before the ego has been full detached. But when non self has been understood, it is not easy to explain to those who still cling to a sellf :)

Without the ego, there is no you, no self. If the ego goes, you go too, which is why it cannot go.

Workman

UNIQUE
What you call “ego death”, I’ve experienced. Looking back, it was a truly horrific state of being. I’m incredibly grateful to be freed from it. I can now, after so long, experience the beauty and fullness of life.
So now you’ve lived to persons..the one you birthed with had fallen to its death..and now you live the person that you were not in before..that’s good to hear, I can relate..that means you have been born again.

Shantanu

Which always end in more thinking and thoughts.
So long as human biology is not transcended to enable one to live in Consciousness that will happen.The idea is to let go one's thoughts and let Consciousness take over.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Vinayaka put it nicely. Apart from that, why would you go on a forum to tell people you have let go of your ego?
I can say i have not fully let go of the self, but i have understood what is needed to actually do it, and i do cultivate the part of letting go of the self.
The part that is difficult online is that one must write I. ME. and so on, and then it does sound like the self is still there

To the teacher question i saw, I have been a spiritual teacher for sometimes for those who just started their journey, so if it sounded like i was teaching it was not meant that way in this tread.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
The question that arise is how to explain what happen when the ego is no longer with in what we call the Me Mine, I and so on. It is not possible to understand non self full before the ego has been full detached. But when non self has been understood, it is not easy to explain to those who still cling to a sellf :)
Is it really the 'ego' which religion refers to along with 'self'?

"The ego is the center of consciousness, whereas the Self is the center of the total personality, which includes consciousness, the unconscious, and the ego. The Self is both the whole and the center. While the ego is a self-contained little circle off the center contained within the whole, the Self can be understood as the greater circle"
- Carl Jung​

Ego, in and of itself is the balance between Id (reptilian/animal/instinctual) Self and the Superego (inflated, megalomania, delusion of grandeur) Self. A balanced, contained Ego is desired. Where the Ego can fail is when it is not Individuated. It then becomes the reflection of our false Self and not our true Self, a projection of our desires and our shadows. The LHP is not to give up on or surrender the Ego, also not to overly focus on Ego, but to synchronize, synthesize, and expand Ego to reflect our Higher Self.

charlie sc

I can say i have not fully let go of the self, but i have understood what is needed to actually do it, and i do cultivate the part of letting go of the self.
The part that is difficult online is that one must write I. ME. and so on, and then it does sound like the self is still there

To the teacher question i saw, I have been a spiritual teacher for sometimes for those who just started their journey, so if it sounded like i was teaching it was not meant that way in this tread.
Do you think forums might be a distraction?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm glad our posts amused you.

Without ego, this thread would not exist.

Just sayin'

That is the thing, I see laughter is the best medicine.

There is a saying that gives meditation to this subject, it is;

"The good deeds of the righteous are the sins of the near ones".

To me we can only ever be the righteous, thus we will always have a level of ego.

As to who are the near ones, I think we learn more about that as we let go of more ego.

I have trucks full, to give away free :D;), but then its hard to let go of those trucks, I have been filling them.since I was born.

Regards Tony

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Is it really the 'ego' which religion refers to along with 'self'?

"The ego is the center of consciousness, whereas the Self is the center of the total personality, which includes consciousness, the unconscious, and the ego. The Self is both the whole and the center. While the ego is a self-contained little circle off the center contained within the whole, the Self can be understood as the greater circle"
- Carl Jung​

Ego, in and of itself is the balance between Id (reptilian/animal/instinctual) Self and the Superego (inflated, megalomania, delusion of grandeur) Self. A balanced, contained Ego is desired. Where the Ego can fail is when it is not Individuated. It then becomes the reflection of our false Self and not our true Self, a projection of our desires and our shadows. The LHP is not to give up on or surrender the Ego, also not to overly focus on Ego, but to synchronize, synthesize, and expand Ego to reflect our Higher Self.

Seen from the buddhist Point of view, there is no self but the ego that see the I, ME, MINE is what create an illusion of self. The body is not self, the thought is not self, there is no soul that exist for ever. But there is consiousness and as a buddhist when one let go of the attachment to self/ego there will exist only a consiousness of awarness. The understanding of that we are all the same consiousness arise, some call it oneness.
Very short explenation, But i am writing a Dhamma talk about this subject so when it is finish i will make it possible to read in the forum :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you think forums might be a distraction?
To the cultivation path? Yes but in same time its one way to gain knowledge and wisdom too. And one very important point, when i go back and look at what i wrote earlier, i can find fault in some of what i did say then, so even in a short time i see some development of new wisdom. And actually seeing develoment in others too

charlie sc

To the cultivation path? Yes but in same time its one way to gain knowledge and wisdom too. And one very important point, when i go back and look at what i wrote earlier, i can find fault in some of what i did say then, so even in a short time i see some development of new wisdom. And actually seeing develoment in others too
Well, I won't stop you gaining knowledge and wisdom.