• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When the ego falls away

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The question that arise is how to explain what happen when the ego is no longer with in what we call the Me Mine, I and so on. It is not possible to understand non self full before the ego has been full detached. But when non self has been understood, it is not easy to explain to those who still cling to a sellf :)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The question that arise is how to explain what happen when the ego is no longer with in what we call the Me Mine, I and so on. It is not possible to understand non self full before the ego has been full detached. But when non self has been understood, it is not easy to explain to those who still cling to a sellf :)

When one thinks they have control over the ego, the ego is still strong :)

It is a very rare person that can overcome ego.

Regards Tony

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's going to be a pretty crap day when this ego falls away. It will happen one day, but that doesn't mean I won't try to kick death in the nuts a few more times before I'm done.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If you focus on Consciousness ego disappears.
Even if a person is fully cosious the ego will still be there because the person may have not understood that everything is one, meaning if the person has not let go of self or the concept of Me or Mine, there is still ego existing, but it might be lesser then before.

When ego is no longer there self can not exist

Shantanu

Even if a person is fully cosious the ego will still be there because the person may have not understood that everything is one, meaning if the person has not let go of self or the concept of Me or Mine, there is still ego existing, but it might be lesser then before.

When ego is no longer there self can not exist
The only Self is Consciousness.

PureX

Veteran Member
It's a general rule of thumb that people cannot understand what they have not experienced. And often, sadly, they WILL themselves not to understand.

Shantanu

Would a pure consiousness care about what state/Government or other people say about it? can pure consiouness exist if there is negative thoughts?
I am pure Consciousness and so will say whatever I feel is the truth concerning State/Government and everything else and these will be posted and blogged as coming from Consciousness.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

The best way I can explain the experience of ego-less-ness is just being...to just be in pure consciousness...no thought...no attachment...to simply be. Existence (Truth) - consciousness - bliss...satcitananda.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The best way I can explain the experience of ego-less-ness is just being...to just be in pure consciousness...no thought...no attachment...to simply be. Existence (Truth) - consciousness - bliss...satcitananda.
Yes i am agreeing with you on this :) If there is thoughts there is still a tiny part of the ego left :) in my understanding

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
When one thinks they have control over the ego, the ego is still strong :)

It is a very rare person that can overcome ego.

Regards Tony

As I see it, anyone can "overcome" ego. But only those that make the effort to understand it and work toward a realization of how to "overcome" (though I see it as more of a letting-it-go process) it actual do. :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If you focus on Consciousness ego disappears.

To focus requires thought. As I alluded to in a previous post, thought is an aspect of ego. In my experience, it's more about letting go of the thought and focus and just being that facilitates the transcendence of ego.