• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When the Bible contains obvious falsehood!

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
That is my point.
That the KJV "language style" (for lack of a better term) was not used at that time outside stuffy shirt meetings.

Not at all it was used ever day in church and by the educated. The important thing was that it was easy for everyone to understand.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Not sure what falsehoods you're referring to. My guess is you feel all prayers should be answered without the approval of the will of God. I've heard people pray for their death or another's death. Thank God Jesus answers prayers according to God's will.
No, the point I'm making is the statements are obviously false...they don't mean what they say.

I only want the will of God. So often however he won't even let me know His will. So often he wont let people know the truth, which is why we have so many people with opposite beliefs claiming they have the truth.

I want to do God's will. In Jesus name may I constantly do God's will. In Jesus name may I know God's will. In Jesus name may I obey and always serve God.

That is what my prayers are like and I'd expect God to answer such prayers for His will and requests to be his obedient servant.

A Vestigial Mote

Jesus prayed the cruciifixion would be taken away. It wasn't. There you have it, God does not play favorites,

I thought the crucifixion was all part of the plan?

It must be wonderful to be smarter than God.
Never made any claims that I was smarter. I just have a better moral compass. Although, I believe that morality is a subjective thing anyway, so that's not really saying all that much. But I can say that, definitively, God's apparent ideas of morality do not mesh with my own. Whether His version is ultimately "better" in some way or not, I honestly don't care at all. I do what's right according to my own ideals - and I am 100% secure in that position.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
And there you have it... God playing favorites. Always has, apparently always will. That's not how I father my children. Never have, never will.

God and I disagree in such fundamental ways that He doesn't support or represent my most basic principles - therefore I do not need His support, nor His representation. From what I have read and been witnessed to He would simply muck it all up anyway.

The answer to the question is "yes."

omega2xx

I thought the crucifixion was all part of the plan?

Itwas but being fully man, He wa snot looking forward to the pain. Being fully God He wa not looking forward to becomeing what He hated the most--becoming sin forf man(I Cor 5:21).

Never made any claims that I was smarter. I just have a better moral compass.

Actually you did. If you have a b etter morqal compas tghan God, you think you are smarter than He is.

Although, I believe that morality is a subjective thing anyway, so that's not really saying all that much. But I can say that, definitively, God's apparent ideas of morality do not mesh with my own.

And yours ae better, right?

Whether His version is ultimately "better" in some way or not, I honestly don't care at all. I do what's right according to my own ideals - and I am 100% secure in that position.

It is very comforting for you that you are smarter than God. Your humility underwhelms me.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

A Vestigial Mote

Actually you did. If you have a b etter morqal compas tghan God, you think you are smarter than He is.
No. Does not follow. You are attempting to equate two things that do not have this 1-to-1 correlation you are trying to strap them with. So you can stop anytime now.

And yours ae better, right?
Yes - because they are mine. Why wouldn't they be? As an example - God tells Abraham to kill his son. How can the right response not be to go tell God to screw himself and all he stands for? That would be my response - and I feel it is better than the response that sees me take a knife to my son's throat. So, in that regard, yes, my version of morality is better from my point of view. Do you expect me not to adhere to my own principles? If so, then I could never believe or follow as you believe and follow.

It is very comforting for you that you are smarter than God. Your humility underwhelms me.
Well, you have to consider that I don't really believe in God. My statements about God are simply "what ifs". As in "If He exists, then X, Y, Z". But I do not believe he exists at all. So, am I smarter than nothing? I would like to think that I am. But that is very likely an illusion anyway. In the end it doesn't matter.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
Good or you. Glad it is working for you.

omega2xx

No. Does not follow. You are attempting to equate two things that do not have this 1-to-1 correlation you are trying to strap them with. So you can stop anytime now.

Yes - because they are mine. Why wouldn't they be? As an example - God tells Abraham to kill his son. How can the right response not be to go tell God to screw himself and all he stands for? That would be my response - and I feel it is better than the response that sees me take a knife to my son's throat. So, in that regard, yes, my version of morality is better from my point of view. Do you expect me not to adhere to my own principles? If so, then I could never believe or follow as you believe and follow.

Well, you have to consider that I don't really believe in God. My statements about God are simply "what ifs". As in "If He exists, then X, Y, Z". But I do not believe he exists at all. So, am I smarter than nothing? I would like to think that I am. But that is very likely an illusion anyway. In the end it doesn't matter.

Good or you. Glad it is working for you.

He who claims what he knows is the best is saying he is smarter then those say differently.

Baroodi

Unfortunately current gospels were written by humans not by God that why they are incoherent and linguistically poor.

omega2xx

Unfortunately current gospels were written by humans not by God that why they are incoherent and linguistically poor.

There are no "current gospels." All of the available gospels were inspired by God and with prayer and study, they become coherent and linguistically superior to all other writings.

Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known. Blaise Pascal

A Vestigial Mote

He who claims what he knows is the best is saying he is smarter then those say differently.
I know differently. Which is what is best for me. And of course I am going to believe it is what's best. Who doesn't believe their own beliefs on a subject are "best"? Would you try to tell me that you don't hold your beliefs to be best? Don't make me laugh.

omega2xx

I know differently. Which is what is best for me. And of course I am going to believe it is what's best. Who doesn't believe their own beliefs on a subject are "best"? Would you try to tell me that you don't hold your beliefs to be best? Don't make me laugh.

Your missing the point. If you say your ideas are better than someone else, you are saying you are smarter than they are.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Why should we put everything we are into scripture, that to me is ignorance, I don't give a sh##t about scripture, and why should I ?.