• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

questfortruth

The Bible, the Book of Revelation tells, that the Sun
and normal life on Earth will be intact during the
coming of Antichrist.

Science then can limit the time of the Second Coming of Jesus.

What are these limits, has the Science the estimation:

How long will human life on Earth be possible?

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
By my understanding the "anti-Christ" is already here. As it is the spirit of fear, and selfishness, and jealousy, and resentment, and revenge that exists to some degree within all of us. Just as Christ is the spirit of love, forgiveness, kindness, generosity, and peace that also exists within all of us (to some degree). So the real question is which spirit will we allow to control us, and our actions as we live out our lives?

F1fan

Veteran Member
coming of Antichrist.

Well there's no reason to think these ideas and stories are true. There is certainly a myth built up about the antiChrist, and the End Times. There have been hundreds of predictions of the End Times, it's an exhausting list. There have been many books in the last 50 years about the antiChrist being a contemporary person. The Late Great Planet Earth was a big seller, and full of bogus conclusions. Just this weekend I found a book I had called Global Peace and the Rise of the Anti-Christ. I read through the opening pages and it was also nonsense. It made predictions in 1990 that failed to materialize in the last 30 years.

When Christian authors publish books and get so much wrong, how much credence do we give these ideas? It's arguable that some of these authors are trying to exploit fear to make their times significant to their End Times beliefs, and they take a lot of believers with them, who then influence more people. It's all bad theology and creates stress on those who fear the end is near.

F1fan

Veteran Member
By my understanding the "anti-Christ" is already here. As it is the spirit of fear, and selfishness, and jealousy, and resentment, and revenge that exists to some degree within all of us. Just as Christ is the spirit of love, forgiveness, kindness, generosity, and peace that also exists within all of us (to some degree). So the real question is which spirit will we allow to control us, and our actions as we live out our lives?
Yeah, I suggest the antiChrist is those Christians who live via beliefs that are contrary to what Jesus taught. So there are many millions of antiChrists. So antiChrists have been around for a few thousand years.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Well there's no reason to think these ideas and stories are true. There is certainly a myth built up about the antiChrist, and the End Times. There have been hundreds of predictions of the End Times, it's an exhausting list. There have been many books in the last 50 years about the antiChrist being a contemporary person. The Late Great Planet Earth was a big seller, and full of bogus conclusions. Just this weekend I found a book I had called Global Peace and the Rise of the Anti-Christ. I read through the opening pages and it was also nonsense. It made predictions in 1990 that failed to materialize in the last 30 years.

When Christian authors publish books and get so much wrong, how much credence do we give these ideas? It's arguable that some of these authors are trying to exploit fear to make their times significant to their End Times beliefs, and they take a lot of believers with them, who then influence more people. It's all bad theology and creates stress on those who fear the end is near.
My favourite is that the Antichrist is the secretary-general of the United Nations: The Antichrist The United Nations | Paw Creek Ministries

Or perhaps the EU: How the European Union Becomes the Antichrist's Kingdom

Of course it could be Trump:
  • "MAGA" means "magic" or "sorcerer" in Latin and multiple other languages

• His grandfather's name when he emigrated to America to start a whorehouse in the Pacific Northwest was "Drumpf," which he changed to Trump. John in German is "Johann." Therefore, his "actual" name is Donald Johann Drumpf—each name having six letters. (Weirdly, the same is true of Ronald Wilson Reagan.)

• He armed the Saudis for their merciless bombing war against Yemen which has five million people facing famine as the Saudi military blocks food arrivals.

• His family owns 666 Fifth Avenue.

• He fooled millions of evangelical followers of Jesus, just as the Beast was supposed to do.

• He put his own red-hat MAGA mark on their foreheads.

• He consorts with "whores" and criminals.

(from: Opinion | Yes, Donald Trump Is the Antichrist)
Hmm. I think owning 666 Fifth Avenue is pretty suspect,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

F1fan

Veteran Member
My favourite is that the Antichrist is the secretary-general of the United Nations: The Antichrist The United Nations | Paw Creek Ministries

Or perhaps the EU: How the European Union Becomes the Antichrist's Kingdom

Of course it could be Trump:
  • "MAGA" means "magic" or "sorcerer" in Latin and multiple other languages

• His grandfather's name when he emigrated to America to start a whorehouse in the Pacific Northwest was "Drumpf," which he changed to Trump. John in German is "Johann." Therefore, his "actual" name is Donald Johann Drumpf—each name having six letters. (Weirdly, the same is true of Ronald Wilson Reagan.)

• He armed the Saudis for their merciless bombing war against Yemen which has five million people facing famine as the Saudi military blocks food arrivals.

• His family owns 666 Fifth Avenue.

• He fooled millions of evangelical followers of Jesus, just as the Beast was supposed to do.

• He put his own red-hat MAGA mark on their foreheads.

• He consorts with "whores" and criminals.

(from: Opinion | Yes, Donald Trump Is the Antichrist)
Hmm. I think owning 666 Fifth Avenue is pretty suspect,,,,,,,,,,,,:D
No wonder evangelical Christians flocked to him. They are antiChrists.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Yeah, I suggest the antiChrist is those Christians who live via beliefs that are contrary to what Jesus taught. So there are many millions of antiChrists. So antiChrists have been around for a few thousand years.

Yes, to say you are a Christian, but then do the opposite of what Jesus taught does sound like an anti-christ. Jesus had strong words against those types. These fishers of men have stinky bait.

ACEofALLaces

Premium Member

Doesn't the word "Christ" defined as meaning "the anointed one", and as some sort of "messiah"? That being so, wouldn't that make an "anti-christ" someone who does NOT believe Jesus was anointed, OR was anyones messiah?
IIRC from the scriptures, this Jesus was an absolute FAILURE as a messiah.
So WHY is being an "anti-Christ" SUCH a bad thing?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
coming of Antichrist.

How can science affect the second coming? There is, in fact, no reason to believe there will be any second coming.

What are what limits?

Human life on Earth is precarious. We're a warlike species that now has the capability of wiping ourselves off the face of the Earth.

We've initiated a climate catastrophe and ecological collapse, with potentially dire consequences for all life, not just ourselves.

Our population is soaring whilst the planet's resources are dwindling.

ACEofALLaces

Premium Member
How can science affect the second coming? There is, in fact, no reason to believe there will be any second coming.

What are what limits?

Human life on Earth is precarious. We're a warlike species that now has the capability of wiping ourselves off the face of the Earth.

We've initiated a climate catastrophe and ecological collapse, with potentially dire consequences for all life, not just ourselves.

Our population is soaring whilst the planet's resources are dwindling.

So I suppose the logical conclusion to all this, is to simply "eat, drink, and be merry", whilst we still can?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Doesn't the word "Christ" defined as meaning "the anointed one", and as some sort of "messiah"? That being so, wouldn't that make an "anti-christ" someone who does NOT believe Jesus was anointed, OR was anyones messiah?
IIRC from the scriptures, this Jesus was an absolute FAILURE as a messiah.
So WHY is being an "anti-Christ" SUCH a bad thing?
Christians have defined the Antichrist as a certain person who .... fill in the blank of whatever sect thinks will happen. Some scholars suggest it was Nero, and this is just old news long passed.

It seems evident that there is no coherent idea who or what the Antichrist is supposed to be. So the idea is wide open for more suggestions, of which I offered mine based on observations of conservative Christians, and some understanding of what Jesus taught.

Muffled

Jesus in me
coming of Antichrist.

I believe human life on earth will last as long as God wishes. Estimates for the longevity of the earth scientifically fall into the billions of years.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe the spirit of anti-Christ is here but not so sure about the person.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe the most famous anti-Christ of all will be the incarnation of the devil and that He will rule the nations and sit in a rebuilt temple calling himself God.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I believe the most famous anti-Christ of all will be the incarnation of the devil and that He will rule the nations and sit in a rebuilt temple calling himself God.
Why is this rational to believe? Arguably God itself is pretty bad and can compete with a devil for evil. So a difference without a distinction.

muhammad_isa

Why is this rational to believe? Arguably God itself is pretty bad and can compete with a devil for evil. So a difference without a distinction.
Well, hitler did a pretty good job, but the "big antichrist" [the beast] will be much worse.
he will have a lot of people on his side. he will have great wealth and power.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Well, hitler did a pretty good job,
Just as God wanted. Hitler survived two close calls in the trenches of WW1. He sur iced 44 assassination attempts as leader of Germany. God must have liked Hitler.

but the "big antichrist" will be much worse.
Are you part of this conspiracy? How do you know? Is it you?

Or are you just guessing based on bad theology?

he will have a lot of people on his side. he will have great wealth and power.
So a republican.

ACEofALLaces

Premium Member
Christians have defined the Antichrist as a certain person who .... fill in the blank of whatever sect thinks will happen. Some scholars suggest it was Nero, and this is just old news long passed.

It seems evident that there is no coherent idea who or what the Antichrist is supposed to be.
From my recollections of having read the bible, I recall that there is not just ONE antichrist, but SCADS of them, many of which have ALREADY come.
It, like most things in the bible, is so poorly defined as to leave itself open to all SORTS of speculations. I pretty much have given up in attempting to decipher it intelligently.