• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When the alter ego getting through more often.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My alter ego Akaine the blue moon wolf (read Akaine) is pushing forth to get more often out, even before the fursuit has arived :) how do you know, you may ask?
Because it is felt and seen by my friends, they have seen a change in character, to a more playful and humorous person.

Actually they did not say anything negative about Akaine :) but did ask a few question why it was not a part of me as the "normal" me.

Even my new friend in the coffee shop ( the woman mention before) found it to be a fun thing about me :oops:
Even in RF Akaine getting through more often....

Maybe this happening because Akaine is more refreshing than the person (me)?

Maybe it is unusual to have an alter ego?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I doubt there is really a difference between your alter ego and you. As they are both "you".
Thats ok :)

Honestly I don't expect people to understand:)
alter ego is expressed through the furry character Akaine. And He have a more "who cares" attitude then me as a person.

Gargovic Malkav

I doubt there is really a difference between your alter ego and you. As they are both "you".

I think that's what therapists usually try to teach to people who suffer from Dissociative Identity Disorder: That there is some kind of Host or Central personality so that they have more control over themselves and can take more accountability for their conduct, so that they won't have to be treated as "mentally ill" which might limit their freedom and complicate their social lives.

Gargovic Malkav

My alter ego Akaine the blue moon wolf (read Akaine) is pushing forth to get more often out, even before the fursuit has arived :) how do you know, you may ask?
Because it is felt and seen by my friends, they have seen a change in character, to a more playful and humorous person.

Actually they did not say anything negative about Akaine :) but did ask a few question why it was not a part of me as the "normal" me.

Even my new friend in the coffee shop ( the woman mention before) found it to be a fun thing about me :oops:

I find it remarkable how a couple of months ago you often were talking about having no ego, and how you're talking now about having multiple.
Like another poster mentioned, you're a dynamic guy.

I think you're still a seeker at heart.
Hopefully you'll find what you need, whatever it is. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have given up being understood.

I have given up getting rid of ego, so I add one more so my sanity can survive this world.

Akaine is a treatment to stay sane.

PureX

Veteran Member

It's all you. You're just a bit more free, now, to express yourself, I think.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Were you thinking of changing your RF username? ......

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think this would be more honest towards others as well as yourself, when you make clear something irritates you rather than pretending you're above such "petty" emotions.
There's no shame in not being made of stone imo.
When a person honestly fear other humans views of them selves, an alter ego who do not show fear or feel as a victim it is more easy for the "first self" to find back some of the power to stand up for them self.

I will say that the "search for egoless being" can sometimes actually lead to more egoism. Or feeling of being above others ( I know I been there) so the alter ego in this case Akaine are a different expression that I as a person isnt ready for. ( the suit) will hide who the scared person are.

It is not a way to hide more, but a way to let the alter ego teach me that, if I take off the suit, I could do the same things, except people would think I am completely gone mad when I dont wear the suit.

Gargovic Malkav

When a person honestly fear other humans views of them selves, an alter ego who do not show fear or feel as a victim it is more easy for the "first self" to find back some of the power to stand up for them self.

I will say that the "search for egoless being" can sometimes actually lead to more egoism. Or feeling of being above others ( I know I been there) so the alter ego in this case Akaine are a different expression that I as a person isnt ready for. ( the suit) will hide who the scared person are.

It is not a way to hide more, but a way to let the alter ego teach me that, if I take off the suit, I could do the same things, except people would think I am completely gone mad when I dont wear the suit.

Yeah, I think there is a lot of wisdom and self-awareness in what you said(for as far as I think I know you).

People might look up surprised or shocked when you act like Akaine would without suit, exhibiting behaviour they don't normally see which might worry them.
I've seen something like that happen to a girl I knew; She was normally very gentle and submissive, but eventually she's had enough of being pushed around and judged(she also had a counselor who imo had the empathy of a reptilian and was rather abusive towards her, which wasn't really helping), so she went the other way, making her extremely stubborn and self-centered for a time.

I can imagine you might go through such a stage too, but I hope you'll find the right balance eventually and try not to overdo it.

Do you speak about this with your therapist?
I'm sure they can help you a great deal with this.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yeah, I think there is a lot of wisdom and self-awareness in what you said(for as far as I think I know you).

People might look up surprised or shocked when you act like Akaine would without suit, exhibiting behaviour they don't normally see which might worry them.
I've seen something like that happen to a girl I knew; She was normally very gentle and submissive, but eventually she's had enough of being pushed around and judged(she also had a counselor who imo had the empathy of a reptilian and was rather abusive towards her, which wasn't really helping), so she went the other way, making her extremely stubborn and self-centered for a time.

I can imagine you might go through such a stage too, but I hope you'll find the right balance eventually and try not to overdo it.

Do you speak about this with your therapist?
I'm sure they can help you a great deal with this.
The last year or so I have gone through several stages of finding the answer to who am I....didn't work :oops: i just keep finding new aspects or identities if you like. And I know also in RF it has looked a bit confusing and bit of a mess to who I am :) no surprise in that when I don't know my self either.

Aboy my therapist and me speaking about this and the finding of the alter ego, yes we discuss it, and so far he does not see my alter ego as a negative. But as a tool i use to cope with all the changes that happening to my mind.