• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When special interest and lobbies take over key positions with Democrats blessings.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Whataboutism is the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue. What I did was point out an inconsistency, and of course each party will act in accordance to their platforms.

I just find it adorable how those who were silent about Trump's mountains are suddenly nitpicking Biden's molehills.
Making it about the poster & Trump is indeed a different issue.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do you honestly think the Pubs are any different?
No. They are not. Your correct.

I'm against special interest and lobbies being priorities of whom buy politictions that drive policy and law. No matter who it is. It's out of control and neither party is willing to banish it.

Twilight Hue

Again we ask; why silent when it was Trump and the republicans, but screech and squeal when it's Biden and the democrats? Why the inconsistency? Is it because you place partisanship before principles?
Likely due that Democrats are far more abusive as evidenced by the entrenchment found in blue states due to special interest and lobbies. Particularly New York and California.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

I'm against special interest and lobbies being priorities of whom buy politictions that drive policy and law. No matter who it is. It's out of control and neither party is willing to banish it.
Many years ago I had Senator Carl Levin (D) in my poli sci course talking about campaign reform, and he was working with Senator John McCain (R) on this at that time, and one thing they wanted to do was to sharply reduce lobbying monies spent on campaigns. Obviously, they failed, and the final clincher on that was the SCOTUS' "Citizens United" decision, with all the Republican appointed justices saying that it's "free speech".

Thus, we now have the best government companies can buy. :rolleyes:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Likely due that Democrats are far more abusive as evidenced by the entrenchment found in blue states due to special interest and lobbies. Particularly New York and California.
Are you really going to pretend that the same - if not worse - doesn't occur in red states? Are you sure your own perception isn't entrenched?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
No, you need not. The blatant double standard between calling a person with a union background a "lobbyist" and "special interest" while either lauding or outright ignoring the many, many people who have come directly from corporate think-tanks and lobbying groups and gone on straight to key positions in Washington over many, many decades of both Democratic and Republican administrations speaks volumes about how ridiculously lopsided towards the interests of corporations American politics have become.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity

But the inciting incident for you to rant about it was not one of the many, many corporate-backed hirees, but the single person with a union background in Washington.

Twilight Hue

But the inciting incident for you to rant about it was not one of the many, many corporate-backed hirees, but the single person with a union background in Washington.
Who has influence with that union. An insider that can grant 'favors'.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Your just in denial that this stuff happens sunshine.
You admit you just made it up and have no proof.
This is the difference between democrats are republicans.
Republicans are all for corporate lobbying, they are against middle class lobbying.
Your party is controlled by the largest corporations and industries in the country. By a long shot.
If you had any integrity, you'd admit the republican party favors corporations over the American people.
But you don't know that information about your party, because your crooked media doesn't teach you it.
I'd wager the republican base has no idea about republican establishment policies. They're fleeced by the RW media who acts like they're on the worker side. That's the ruse.

You're too proud to admit you've been relying on disinformation for decades.

Twilight Hue

You admit you just made it up and have no proof.
This is the difference between democrats are republicans.
Republicans are all for corporate lobbying, they are against middle class lobbying.
Your party is controlled by the largest corporations and industries in the country. By a long shot.
If you had any integrity, you'd admit the republican party favors corporations over the American people.
But you don't know that information about your party, because your crooked media doesn't teach you it.
I'd wager the republican base has no idea about republican establishment policies. They're fleeced by the RW media who acts like they're on the worker side. That's the ruse.

You're too proud to admit you've been relying on disinformation for decades.
Oh. OK.

Political Entrenchment and Public Law