• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When special interest and lobbies take over key positions with Democrats blessings.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No. It's pandering to special interest and cementing that special interest to secure yet even more entrenchment.

Have you ever heard of conflict of interest?

These people are the ones who fund the Democrats election campaigns and 'encourage' their members to keep voting Democrat.
Workers' rights are a "special interest" now?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Unions pressure its members to vote a party line they endorse.
Unions endorse parties and candidates sometimes, just like corporations, but your country has secret voting. Your union steward can no more see your ballot than your manager can.

It's obviously cronyism, paying back a favor in return for a favor done, which helps insure long term entrenchment.
Obvious to you, maybe. Not to the rest of us.

When a union's leadership tries to act against the will of its members, the members vote out those leaders and elect new ones.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No. Lobbying and influence are.
By "lobbying," do you mean something more than "bringing the concerns of our organization to elected representatives"?

As for "influence"... a union that didn't have any influence would be a pretty crappy union.

Unions have that special way of 'convincing' its members to so just about anything. That includes voting.
Which special way is that?

esmith

Veteran Member
Why are Democrats supporting doing away with the Right-to-Work laws passed in many States if they are not being pressured by the unions?

epronovost

Why are Democrats supporting doing away with the Right-to-Work laws passed in many States if they are not being pressured by the unions?

Because the ''Right-to-Work'' laws allow employees to benefit from a union work without being in the union itself which is fundamentally unfair. Those laws are very bad for the climate of workplaces and devalue the process by which a work acquires value in and on itself. Could it be possible that Democrats support or reject policies based on their beliefs? To me this should be the first examined cause before one starts to suspect corruption and outside influence. The same goes for Republicans. Do they support those laws because they believe in the good they could make or are they in the pocket of big business and only doing its bidding? They most likely believe those laws will improve working conditions and salaries which in my opinion and according to historical datas is ridiculous, but that doesn't prevent people from believing the opposite.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Stop inventing things you have no proof of. Why so easily tricked? Always so angry and paranoid
I don't have to invent things. It's right there in front slapping you in the face.

I suppose for you the union connection is just a casual coincidence. Yea...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Interesting. Where was your outrage when Trump's administration did this?
Cheering them on presumably because it's perfectly OK when incompetent special interests subvert government but horrible when competent special interests make government great again.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They're doing what they were elected to do by the people; improve rights, pay, conditions, etc. for workers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Again we ask; why silent when it was Trump and the republicans, but screech and squeal when it's Biden and the democrats? Why the inconsistency? Is it because you place partisanship before principles?
All this whataboutism aside, Biden's choice does look partisan.
Some favor that political orientation....some oppose it.
That's politics. I dislike it, but the complaint ranks
right up there with complaining about the weather.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
All this whataboutism aside, Biden's choice does look partisan.
Some favor that political orientation....some oppose it.
That's politics. I dislike it, but the complaint ranks
right up there with complaining about the weather.
Whataboutism is the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue. What I did was point out an inconsistency, and of course each party will act in accordance to their platforms.

I just find it adorable how those who were silent about Trump's mountains are suddenly nitpicking Biden's molehills.