• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

when someone you love dies

t3gah

my uncle died.

he was 72..

he lived in las vegas.

his wife, my aunt, just got word that she has throat cancer like what george harrison died from. :(

my uncle helped out the space race when he worked for grumman aerospace.

he was also the person that inspired me to take up computers and technology because he used to bring me to work or his home so i could 'tinker' with the computers. of course i couldn't tinker too much at grumman because they weren't pc's.

i was planning on visiting them in the summer. my brother got to talk to my uncle just before he died. my bro said it was nice.

doctors said he died in his sleep. not too long before this my uncle got operated on for an anuerism. they, the doctors, said he would live for quite some time after the operation. i heard he had a blood transfusion during the operation. i hope that didn't cause complications. either way it doesn't matter now that he's gone.

i broke a christian rule in the bible. i posted a comment about him being in the afterlife or something like that on his obituary website. grief can produce the strangest outcomes.

i hope god forgives me....

Lightkeeper

So sorry about your loss. It sounds like your uncle was a good friend. I don't understand why you thought you broke a rule. I have heard ministers talk about the afterlife at funerals. My thoughts are with you.

huajiro

t3gah said:
my uncle died.

he was 72..

he lived in las vegas.

his wife, my aunt, just got word that she has throat cancer like what george harrison died from. :(

my uncle helped out the space race when he worked for grumman aerospace.

he was also the person that inspired me to take up computers and technology because he used to bring me to work or his home so i could 'tinker' with the computers. of course i couldn't tinker too much at grumman because they weren't pc's.

i was planning on visiting them in the summer. my brother got to talk to my uncle just before he died. my bro said it was nice.

doctors said he died in his sleep. not too long before this my uncle got operated on for an anuerism. they, the doctors, said he would live for quite some time after the operation. i heard he had a blood transfusion during the operation. i hope that didn't cause complications. either way it doesn't matter now that he's gone.

i broke a christian rule in the bible. i posted a comment about him being in the afterlife or something like that on his obituary website. grief can produce the strangest outcomes.

i hope god forgives me....
I had a similar experience with my Grandfather, but I saw him before he passed away. I hadn't seen him in 10 years, and I got the urge to see him, a couple months later he was gone.

Don't get on yourself because you didn't see him....if you did things right when you were with him, he knew it.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Sorry to hear about your loss.

As for the "Christian Rule"... I wouldn't sweat it.

I Peter 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. 8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

I think your obvious love for your uncle has you covered! :D

robtex

Veteran Member
Alex I am sorry for your loss. He sounded like a loving, caring,giving man. Emotionally speaking, everyday you are on a computer you will still have a connection with him via a passion the both of you shared. Hopefully you will give that wonderful gift to someone else and someday somebody will say the same thing about you after you are done.

I have a favor of you if I may. Please make him real to us on here. I like the computer story but I have found a great way to celebrate somebody's life who is no longer with you is to write a short bio--a few paragraphs, and one true story about their life. To share his personality. I would love to know more about your uncle and the wonderful man he must have been. :)

Nubialy

I am sorry for your loss. My father died in 1995 and still is painful to deal with his loss.
I'll like to share with you something I read. I hope that it will help you with your grieving process it help me
Referring to death in an illustrative way, the Christian apostle Paul writes: "Death, where is your victory? Death, where is your sting?" What is the sting that produces death? Says Paul: "The sting producing death is sin." (1 Corinthians 15:55, 56; Hosea 13:14) What, then, is the origin of this lethal sting? Elsewhere in the Scriptures, Paul states: "Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned." (Romans 5:12) The apostle leaves no doubt about the identity of that "one man" when he says: "In Adam all are dying." (1 Corinthians 15:22) Yes, through the disobedience of our first forefather, Adam, all of us are susceptible to death’s sting.—Genesis 3:1-19.
With good health and a loving family in pleasant surroundings, none of us would choose to die. As the Bible shows, however, "time and unforeseen occurrence" may rob us of life. (Ecclesiastes 9:11) In fact, we do not know what will happen to our life tomorrow. (James 4:14) One thing is certain—all of us have inherited sin and death. Therefore, death stalks us and strikes as an enemy.
Coping​
With the Death of a Loved One

Death is especially an enemy when it strikes a loved one. "It will be worse for you," said a terminally ill wife to her husband as she contemplated death. Why could she say that? Because the Bible says: "All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol [the common grave of mankind], the place to which you are going." (Ecclesiastes 9:10) The dead suffer no more. But the burden of grief falls on surviving relatives and friends. Can anything be done about such suffering?
The pages of God’s Word, the Bible, contain many words of comfort. For example, reading and meditating on the psalms surely is one source of consolation. Comforting, indeed, are such words as these: "Blessed be Jehovah, who daily carries the load for us, the true God of our salvation."—Psalm 68:19.
I hope you'll feel better. Agape.

t3gah

robtex said:
Alex I am sorry for your loss. He sounded like a loving, caring,giving man. Emotionally speaking, everyday you are on a computer you will still have a connection with him via a passion the both of you shared. Hopefully you will give that wonderful gift to someone else and someday somebody will say the same thing about you after you are done.

I have a favor of you if I may. Please make him real to us on here. I like the computer story but I have found a great way to celebrate somebody's life who is no longer with you is to write a short bio--a few paragraphs, and one true story about their life. To share his personality. I would love to know more about your uncle and the wonderful man he must have been. :)
Donald **** ****, 72, of Las Vegas, passed away Jan. 7, 2005. Donald was born and raised in N.Y., and worked at Grumman Aerospace as an Engineer for 27 years before retiring in 1992. He was particularly proud of his work in the Space Program. He graduated from Queens College and served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. Donald is survived by his wife, Sebby, of 38 years; daughter, April McKnight of Henderson; grandson, Christopher; brothers, Raymond, Roland and Edwin; sisters, Anita and June; and many nieces and nephews. Services will be private. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Tsunami Disaster Relief Funds or American Heart Association.

SK2005

Saint in training
Sorry to hear about that. I hope that you are doing well, you are in my prayers and thoughts.

t3gah

The obituary below is my father's aunt:

Lillian G. Soo-Hoo

SOO-HOO, Lillian G. Passed away in Santa Rosa, CA on November 15, 2004 at age 101. Born in San Francisco on September 9, 1903. Lillian is survived by her loving children Harvey Soo-Hoo, Jr. (Mary) of Oakland, Doris Soo-Hoo of Cazadero and May Olsson (Dick) of Cazadero. She is also survived by 8 grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews. Lillian was a resident of Cazadero for 27 years. Special thanks to all the doctors that were part of her life and to the wonderful and caring nurses that attended her last days on earth. A private family service will take place at a later date. In her memory, contributions may be made to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital Palliative Care Center, 151 Sotoyome Drive, Santa Rosa, CA 95402 or your favorite charity.

I met her in 1980 at my grandfathers 50th wedding anniversary. One hundred and one. I never thought she'd live to be that old. My dad has cancer too. Not the same as my aunt, but cancer is cancer. :(

When it rains it pours.

Master Vigil

I'm terribly sorry. May all the spirits be with you and your uncle and aunt. And may they find happiness wherever they are.