• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When someone doesn't like you

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What things do you tell yourself when someone does not seem to like you, to cope?

I tell myself, "I've got my demons, they have theirs. I have often disliked people for the wrong reasons and hurt others while feeling justified, so I need to give people a Break for doing the same to me.

It could be I remind them of some one who wronged them. They may be scared. They may have been abused. They may be hurting " etc.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Ask yourself why you're caring what they think.

If you don't care then forget it. You're wasting your time.

If you do care then ask yourself if the reason is justified. If it isn't, forget it. You're wasting your time.

If you do do care AND the reason is justified then it may be worth examining. Maybe you should change something about yourself. :shrug:

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
What things do you tell yourself when someone does not seem to like you, to cope?

I tell myself, "I've got my demons, they have theirs. I have often disliked people for the wrong reasons and hurt others while feeling justified, so I need to give people a Break for doing the same to me.

It could be I remind them of some one who wronged them. They may be scared. They may have been abused. They may be hurting " etc.
Two things possible good to add:

* Why do I have such a perception? (is my assuming right?)
* Why does it burden me? (what's my desire for "sex" here)

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

When someone doesn't like you, sometimes you just need to shrug and say "eh, that's their problem". When everyone doesn't like you, that usually means the problem is you, and you should think long and hard about what you need to change.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

A very astute assessment, Matt!

If someone doesn't like me, it's about them, not about me.*

*Unless I'm being a jerk. No one likes Salix when he's being a jerk.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Ask yourself why you're caring what they think.

If you don't care then forget it. You're wasting your time.

If you do care then ask yourself if the reason is justified. If it isn't, forget it. You're wasting your time.

If you do do care AND the reason is justified then it may be worth examining. Maybe you should change something about yourself. :shrug:

I do that too

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Its up to them who they like or dont like. Me worrying about it is not going to force them to like me.. so.. their loss