• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When should Mueller’s investigation end?

When should Mueller’s investigation end?

• It should end now

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Sometime, but not yet

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • It shouldn’t have any limit

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Shaul

Premium Member
Mueller’s investment has been going for ten months, and was a continuation of a long previous FBI investigation before that. How long should it continue? If you think it should continue please provide the criteria we should use to determine when it should end.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Mueller’s investment has been going for ten months, and was a continuation of a long previous FBI investigation before that. How long should it continue? If you think it should continue please provide the criteria we should use to determine when it should end.
When the investigating team is satisfied that investigation has reached a conclusion... just like any investigation regarding criminal behavior.

Shaul

Premium Member
When the investigating team is satisfied that investigation has reached a conclusion... just like any investigation regarding criminal behavior.
In other words no limits. The criteria you think should be “when Mueller feels like it”? Is that what you are suggesting?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
In other words no limits. The criteria you think should be “when Mueller feels like it”? Is that what you are suggesting?
That's not even remotely like what they suggested.

Investigations continue until the investigation team has reached their conclusion after exhausting all available evidence and leads - literally just like any criminal investigation into anything ever.

When do you think an investigation should end? When it's gone on for an arbitrary length of time determined by you?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No criminal investigation has any preset time limit does it? And Mueller is indicting people on a regular basis. So I see no reason why anybody should demand that there be a time limit.

The call is to be taken by the investigating team and only them.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

When it equals the time and resources spent for the 17 or so investigations into Clinton and Benghazi and Clinton and the emails. That's when it should end.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Watergate took almost two full years and I believe Whitewater went on even longer than that. One estimate I've seen is that it might be ended somewhere near the end of summer.

The last person Mueller is likely to interview would be Trump himself, and already Trump's lawyers have supplied at least some of the subpoena documents demanded by Mueller, plus arrangements about how Trump is to be interviewed are already in the works. But would Trump actually show up is another question, and I have very strong doubts about that.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think it ended about a week after it began.

Despite the many indictments? Good one.
I think many of Trump's supporters know he's probably guilty but really don't care as it may reflect their hero-worship. My guess is so many of them get their "news" from the likes of Fox, Limbaugh, and other right-wing sources that will try and convince them that poor Trump is being picked on by those mean anti-Trump "deep-state" conspirators.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Until its a cold case.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I'd suppose when Mueller says it should.

suncowiam

He didn't say no limit... Please stop jumping to conclusions.

Did you forget the Mueller is a very experienced agent of the law? He was the director of the FBI. Even Republicans had the confidence that he would be impartial enough to lead a fair investigation.

Uhm... I'll trust his leadership and direction over any average citizen, conservative or liberal.

In this context, he's considered the expert. You or I? We're just people on forums pushing our biases.

Why don't you just trust the system? The president has other resources and processes allowed to him to defend himself or discredit Mueller. Twitter is one, right?

It's not like Trump is a little defenseless baby that can't control his emotions or mouth? Oh wait?

Shaul

Premium Member
No criminal investigation has any preset time limit does it? And Mueller is indicting people on a regular basis. So I see no reason why anybody should demand that there be a time limit.

The call is to be taken by the investigating team and only them.
Actually, no investigation has unlimited time. If you don’t want a time limit then what criteria should be used? Allowing the investigators to determine how long they should continue is a recipe for runaway investigation and witch hunts. That doesn’t work.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Actually, no investigation has unlimited time. If you don’t want a time limit then what criteria should be used? Allowing the investigators to determine how long they should continue is a recipe for runaway investigation and witch hunts. That doesn’t work.
Thats not how investigations work. They use due process or Trumps lawyers, or whoevers lawyers will get any charges dropped in two seconds. Witch hunts are only in dictator countries.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I have nothing to add to the answers to your question others have already given. For the record, the investigation should end when Mueller is satisfied and ready to bring his final charges..

Of course, this matter just keeps getting bigger and bigger, so who knows when that will be. Suddenly, just when Mueller was ready to interview the kingpin, which is usually a sign that the investigation is coming to a conclusion, the assumption being that Mueller's questions to Trump will not be for information, but to see if Trump lies or omits information - up jumps the Cambridge Analytica matter. That probably extends the investigation another month.

And while that is going on, who knows what fresh areas of interest will reveal themselves and need to be looked into.

Do you disagree with the above? If so, when do you think the investigation should end, and why?