• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When science goes gibberish; what does it indicate?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I would request those who participate further in this discussion:
If they belong to a revealed religion,​
    • They should quote from the revealed scripture for their claim and reason and then elaborate their viewpoint.
Those who fall back on science for support, they should quote for their relative claims and reasons from:​
    • A peer reviewed article published in a science journal of repute
    • From a text book of science
    • Please mention the specific science discipline that deals with it.
and then elaborate their viewpoint.This is for ease of comparison.​
Thread remains open for Theists and the Atheists alike.

Regards

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
In many areas termed 'science' much if not most published material is wrong... frequently due to things such as poor methodology, poor maths, deliberate misrepresentation for professional or financial advancement and wishful thinking.

Happy hunting! :kissingheart:

[science] such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact. (Mark Twain)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
A quote from Mark Twain on religion, just to balance the above:
"Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion--several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight."
Mark Twain
http://www.ellensplace.net/mt_quote.html
The truthful religion is peaceful and is essential for co-existence of the human race.
Regards

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
    • They should quote from the revealed scripture for their claim and reason and then elaborate their viewpoint.
Those who fall back on science for support, they should quote for their relative claims and reasons from:​

Regards
I STILL request an example be presented by yourself of this alleged "gibberish".
Until such time as you can meaningfully explain what you are talking about, honest discourse cannot be had.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I STILL request an example be presented by yourself of this alleged "gibberish".
Until such time as you can meaningfully explain what you are talking about, honest discourse cannot be had.
We haven't got any yet, so I doubt we ever will.

Milton Platt

Open for discussion for the Theists and the Atheists alike.
Regards

Provide a couple of instances with quotes of what you think is gibberish and then support your claims. It will be interesting to follow. Make sure you provide your sources so we can fact check along the way.

Milton Platt

Provide a couple of instances with quotes of what you think is gibberish and then support your claims. It will be interesting to follow. Make sure you provide your sources so we can fact check along the way.

Well, duh, I just saw this thread wa started on July 19th and the person who asked the question abandoned it. Never mind!!!

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Regards

So you desire to draw a line and all others must abide accordingly?

I believe in God because of science.

close enough?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
and here you are.....
And yet, was not "trapped"...

Though it is a rather shallow "victory" not being 'trapped' in this thread
The Op author didn't even try.

Perhaps you would be able to elaborate where the OP fell short?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
A quote from Mark Twain on religion, just to balance the above:
"Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion--several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight."
Mark Twain
http://www.ellensplace.net/mt_quote.html
The truthful religion is peaceful and is essential for co-existence of the human race.
Regards

I agree. Pastafarianism will lead us towards peace.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
When science goes gibberish; what does it indicate?

It indicates science does not know it yet. It does not indicate that knowledge does not exist or that G-d did not cause it.
Regards