• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When realizing once own fault

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Some time ago i answered in a OP that the correct way was to only look inward to gain wisdom and to correct once self.
This may have been wrong view and i realize that my past could be misleading others.

After a lot of study in sufi scripture i realize that to gain higher wisdom, it is also important to understand the physical realm and how as a human being i am affected spirituality by the physical world too. To much inward looking and to little outward understanding is not good either.

Any thoughts?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Some time ago i answered in a OP that the correct way was to only look inward to gain wisdom and to correct once self.
This may have been wrong view and i realize that my past could be misleading others.

After a lot of study in sufi scripture i realize that to gain higher wisdom, it is also important to understand the physical realm and how as a human being i am affected spirituality by the physical world too. To much inward looking and to little outward understanding is not good either.

Any thoughts?

Exactly. I feel they reflect each other. It's like, in my opinion, why people kneel to pray, study using their scripture, use fire in spiritual practice, or ritual; it's joining the spiritual and physical to unite ones whole self in practice. Though this does make me wonder how islam teaches this physical/spiritual connect after death

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Any thoughts?

IMO, the only beneficial spiritual pursuits are the ones that help us to navigate the physical world.
We are gods of the spiritual world. Whatever gods, whatever afterlife, whatever superpowers you believe are given. Maybe this is a boost to one's ego.
Practical wisdom for a practical physical reality.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
, it is also important to understand the physical realm and how as a human being i am affected spirituality by the physical world too. To much inward looking and to little outward understanding is not good either.

In the past, people isolated themselves from the physical world in retreats and monasteries. To me, the world is different now and that's not possible or helpful for extended periods of time.

So that makes good sense to me.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

Any thoughts?
When we give our own thoughts in the form of advice, we can be wrong. I am not a young person any more, my parents have died, and I often think of things I did wrong to them. Of course, they did things wrong, too. But there are things I regret. And I can't change them. But I hope I will see them again. And they will see their parents and siblings. And we will change. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Exactly. I feel they reflect each other. It's like, in my opinion, why people kneel to pray, study using their scripture, use fire in spiritual practice, or ritual; it's joining the spiritual and physical to unite ones whole self in practice. Though this does make me wonder how islam teaches this physical/spiritual connect after death
To answer what islam teach can be a bit tricky because i am sure there are different understanding and views, in sufism i realized our answers look different than sunni and Shia muslims:)

But when i made this OP i had realized that how I act speak and think in the physical realm do kind of reflect how I do it spiritually. Everything co exist and if my spiritual "self" is not up to the task (weak) it means it show in how i am seen as a physical person too.

In the past i thought if i "removed" all of the "Me" in the physical world i would become a better spiritual person, that was a mistake on my part.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member

Any thoughts?
Well yeah, it is important for dispelling delusion.