• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Love is the Light

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is no darkness.

I say Love always wins in the end. No matter how much darkness may be imputed toward the light, it is not able to overcome the light.

I see Faith is the light of this world, which is currently being imputed with darkness.

Those that impute, are not able to overcome the Light, that is unadulterated Faith.

I propose those that debate the light are only imputing darkness.

I will try to only share the light.

download (7).jpeg

Regards Tony

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

This is the kind of soapbox declaration that enables crackdowns on free religious discourse and paves the way to theocracy. I notice it's not a condemnation of abuse or restriction of freedom of religion, for example; it's a condemnation of debate... a free disagreement on religious ideas.

I'll keep "imputing darkness" by challenging fundamentalist hatred that presents itself as "light."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I'm having trouble with the word "imputed". The dictionary indicates how that word can be interpreted. How about using another word or distinguishing between these two meanings:

1 : to lay the responsibility or blame for (something) often falsely or unjustly
The economic sins imputed to Tito had all been committed to a greater extent by the communist parties of neighbouring countries.—
2 : to credit or ascribe (something) to a person or a cause : attribute
our vices as well as our virtues have been imputed to bodily derangement

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
The light and the dark are both divine. The dark is empty space. If there was no space there could be no light to shine its brilliance from. Negative energy is naturally dark, dark matter and dark energy, and if there were no negative energy in the Universe there would be no positive energy, or the thing the composes stars that burn brightly as the Sun and other stars at night. Negative energy needs positive energy and positive energy needs the negative to continue to exist as it does now. Both are equally divine by their own right.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is the kind of soapbox declaration that enables crackdowns on free religious discourse and paves the way to theocracy. I notice it's not a condemnation of abuse or restriction of freedom of religion, for example; it's a condemnation of debate... a free disagreement on religious ideas.

I'll keep "imputing darkness" by challenging fundamentalist hatred that presents itself as "light."

Yes, debate can be darkness, but can also be the source of light.

So maybe we need to explore what is light based debate! Is there such a thing?

I see it is a worthy and healthy debate to rid humanity of hate, this OP is not about surpressing useful debate, it is about debate that comes from darkness and not the light.

Love is light, so can we debate out of love and not other darker motivation?

Regards Tony

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I see it is a worthy and healthy debate to rid humanity of hate, this OP is about surpressing useful debate, it is about debate that comes from darkness and not the light.

Talking about other religions or worldviews as "darkness" in contrast to one's "light" isn't what I think of when ridding humanity of hate comes to mind.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm having trouble with the word "imputed". The dictionary indicates how that word can be interpreted. How about using another word or distinguishing between these two meanings:

1 : to lay the responsibility or blame for (something) often falsely or unjustly
The economic sins imputed to Tito had all been committed to a greater extent by the communist parties of neighbouring countries.—
2 : to credit or ascribe (something) to a person or a cause : attribute
our vices as well as our virtues have been imputed to bodily derangement

Yes it is a difficult one. I see both meanings are applicable when we are talking unadulterated Faith. That is faith as revealed and not necessarily as practiced. Otherwise it is just to attribute some darkness to faith and impute would not be a valid word.

In the second context it is valid, if faith is the source of Love, Virtues and Morals. Which is the position I default to.

Regards Tony

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Love can mean many different things. What kind of love are we debating? I always had trouble with the word love because it means different things to different people. There's so many different kinds of love.

Darkness seems to be a metaphor for wickedness and blindness that comes with that, and hatred.

Light is a metaphor for things that bring love, joy, and peace.

Generation after generation there will always be the struggle for life, survival, prosperity. The war between good and evil will always be so long as there is a human plight on earth in this universe. There will always be suffering and tragedy. There will always be catastrophe, illness, loss and death.

There is always a fight against dark powers, and powers of light.

Mankind will always have to fight egocentric, and tribal power. There will always be poverty, wealth, and bitterness between those groups.

Only the strong survive, lose the weak, ego rules the day. Every man and woman for themselves. Power survives, and weakness dies. Human nature never changes. It's a spectrum! at one end is arrogance at the other is humility. Each generation is a new battle.

Whatever happened to the dream society where people lift up their fellow beings, and empower those around them?

Charity is laughed at. Greed is said to be good. People are often glory seekers who like to look down on the troubles of the poor, and afflicted.

We even have slave wages. People build empires and those rise and fall with moral decadence.

How many democracies existed just three hundred years ago?

Democracies turn into empires. It's human nature.

syo

There is no darkness.

I say Love always wins in the end. No matter how much darkness may be imputed toward the light, it is not able to overcome the light.

I see Faith is the light of this world, which is currently being imputed with darkness.

Those that impute, are not able to overcome the Light, that is unadulterated Faith.

I will try to only share the light.

View attachment 71238

Regards Tony
I disagree with everything you wrote.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
:cool:

When I came back from my visit to Sai Baba, and others asked "so, what is your goal in life, what will you do now?".

I spontaneously replied:
"I only need to be a light"

A great goal. I wish you naught but light.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The light and the dark are both divine. The dark is empty space. If there was no space there could be no light to shine its brilliance from. Negative energy is naturally dark, dark matter and dark energy, and if there were no negative energy in the Universe there would be no positive energy, or the thing the composes stars that burn brightly as the Sun and other stars at night. Negative energy needs positive energy and positive energy needs the negative to continue to exist as it does now. Both are equally divine by their own right.

Yes we live in a creation where we have the animating forces and the lack of those forces.

So Good is the animating force, bad is just lack of good. The same with all the virtues.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Talking about other religions or worldviews as "darkness" in contrast to one's "light" isn't what I think of when ridding humanity of hate comes to mind.

That is not what the OP is offering. The key is to look for for the light, in all the world-views.

Regards Tony