• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When has the Bible ever been public policy?

Pah

Uber all member
In an intoduction to Bioethics, Citizen Link, part of Family.org, states:
“Bioethics” is a term coined nearly 30 years ago to describe the process of examining the ethics involved with emerging medical technologies and biological research. Bioethics is interdisciplinary, bringing together medicine, law, philosophy and public policy.

Bioethics covers a wide range of topics, including abortion, reproductive technologies, genetic intervention, stem cell research, physician-assisted suicide and end-of-life medical decisions.

Practically speaking, bioethics often touches us where we hurt the most: in illness, infertility and unexpected medical (and sometimes moral) difficulties. For Christians, bioethics is also an attempt to know what the Bible says about these issues and how God would have us respond.

It is even streching it to think the Bible is Philosophy

-pah-

Michelle

We are all related
For Christians, bioethics is also an attempt to know what the Bible says about these issues and how God would have us respond.
That's a scary thought since most of them think the bible is the inspired word of God. They can find examples and justification for many things that I consider immoral. The Old testament has more violence and hate in it them most of the books that were burned in history by and for the church.

Pah

Uber all member
Deut. 32.8 said:
Not at all. The Bible, among other things, seeks to address questions of ethics.

I've always made a distinction between ethics and morality and especially, I see the Bible as giving commands and law rather than thinking about morality as a system.

-pah-