• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When exactly was 'Hell' created ? What was God thinking at that time?

savethedreams

When and Where is Hell?

I'm curious about the Christian/Muslim belief. Do they believe that God created man and created Hell with an intention?

Hell can mean Death too. Did God create Death?

The bible and the Qu'ran isn't clear on this...

It's difficult for me to understand that Christians believe God created death, hell, mankind, and living beings with emotions while some species having free-will and if they believe of form an opinion they will avoid the hell/death that was created....???? This wasn't always clear to me..

Tumah

Veteran Member
I'm neither Christian nor Muslim, but since this is the Abrahamic directory, I'll just help myself.
When and Where is Hell?
On the second day of creation.
In the opposite direction of G-d.
I'm curious about the Christian/Muslim belief. Do they believe that God created man and created Hell with an intention?
As a place to rectify people when they ultimately sin.
No it can't. Life is the creation Death is the removal or lack of that creation.
The Bible doesn't deal with things that are not directly relevant to what we need to do.

savethedreams

Where does Death come from? Opposite are possible for a reason. We are talking about a person who creates and knows of all, and everything. A very powerful deity.

So Christians/muslims all believe God created Hell on a second day to do what?

Thana

Lady
When and Where is Hell?

It's difficult for me to understand that Christians believe God created death, hell, mankind, and living beings with emotions while some species having free-will and if they believe of form an opinion they will avoid the hell/death that was created....???? This wasn't always clear to me..

Hell was, according to the bible, created for the rebellious angels.
And no, death does not mean hell nor hell mean death. As to whether God created death, I don't know. I imagine so, though as far as I'm aware the bible doesn't seem to attribute it to Him specifically.

If you think about it, Death is a mercy. It's a good thing and I don't begrudge God for it's existence. Hell, though, is a complicated matter. Most Christians have varying ideas about it, but most of it is just speculation. The bible is about as vague on hell as it is on heaven.

savethedreams

Hell was, according to the bible, created for the rebellious angels.
And no, death does not mean hell nor hell mean death. As to whether God created death, I don't know. I imagine so, though as far as I'm aware the bible doesn't seem to attribute it to Him specifically.

If you think about it, Death is a mercy. It's a good thing and I don't begrudge God for it's existence. Hell, though, is a complicated matter. Most Christians have varying ideas about it, but most of it is just speculation. The bible is about as vague on hell as it is on heaven.

If the bible is vague, open for interruption and need faith rather than direct experience, what can we say is the Christians Belief ... very direct Christian belief. How can one tell me, what is, if 'what is' has exegesis in it. I'm truly have been trying to discover such.

Tumah

Veteran Member
It appears that you are responding to me as you mention the phrase "second day". But I'm not entirely sure because you didn't quote me and you speak about Christians and Muslims when the first thing I said is that I"m neither of those. I'll assume you are and if not, you can just ignore.
Where does Death come from? Opposite are possible for a reason. We are talking about a person who creates and knows of all, and everything. A very powerful deity.

So Christians/muslims all believe God created Hell on a second day to do what?
Death comes from a lack of life. When life is removed, death is the result. Creating a lack doesn't make sense.

arthra

Baha'i
For Baha'is "Hell" is more I think a creation of man in that from his choice man can choose to deny God and be distant from Him... so in this sense "Hell" is something we make for ourselves ... that we have chosen.

"Heaven and hell are conditions within our own beings."

(Shoghi Effendi, High Endeavours - Messages to Alaska, p. 49)

Death or passing from this life... is a release. It is compared to the release of a caged bird ... Years ago my brother was helping me move and accidentally dropped the cage my finch was in... I'll never forget when that bird was free he flew as never before in a straight line to the sky .. You could sense the joy of the freedom for the bird! A few years later my brother himself would make that flight.

Last edited:

Thana

Lady
If the bible is vague, open for interruption and need faith rather than direct experience, what can we say is the Christians Belief ... very direct Christian belief. How can one tell me, what is, if 'what is' has exegesis in it. I'm truly have been trying to discover such.

The Christian belief is generally in the bible, in God and in Jesus.
Everything else is gravy.

If you want someone to tell you what is and what is not, then I can't help you.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
When and Where is Hell?
Peace be on you.
Ahmadiyya-Muslim Understanding:
One hell is made by human by their own hands in this word when they wrongdo.
The real hell will be after death and after accountability in Hereafter.

The Holy Quran does not teach that those in hell shall suffer everlasting torments.
Hell is meant for the advancement of weak human and their purification. There is no doubt that the abiding of evil-doers in hell is mentioned in some verses of the Holy Quran to be for "abad " which sometimes means prospective eternity, but " abad" also signifies a long time. And there are numerous passages in the Holy Quran showing that those in hell shall ultimately be taken out. Thus, in ch. 6: v. 129, the Quran says: "God said, Verily the fire is your resort to dwell therein unless thy Lord will it otherwise, verily, thy Lord is wise and knowing." On another occasion, those in hell are spoken of as "staying therein for years" (ch. 78: v. 23). The original word is "Ahqab" which is the plural of "huqub", meaning a year or years, or seventy or eighty years, or a long time (see Lanes Arabic Lexicon).
Ref: https://www.alislam.org/library/links/00000017.html

[ch101:v10] "Hell will be his (nursing) mother."
The words are "fa ummohu haviah"

When healed weak people will come out for further spiritual progresses.

We see things in 3 dimensions. Spiritual abodes may have more dimensions.

Last edited:

rusra02

Premium Member
When and Where is Hell?

As a Christian, I believe what the Bible says. The Hebrew word translated "hell" in some English Bible's is translated "Grave" in others. Jehovah told Adam that if he disobeyed God, Adam would die. (Genesis 2:7) Adam did disobey God, and eventually died, returning to the ground. Sadly, Adam passed on sin and death to his descendants. (Romans 5:12) So I believe God has ultimate authority over life and death.

savethedreams

As a Christian, I believe what the Bible says. The Hebrew word translated "hell" in some English Bible's is translated "Grave" in others. Jehovah told Adam that if he disobeyed God, Adam would die. (Genesis 2:7) Adam did disobey God, and eventually died, returning to the ground. Sadly, Adam passed on sin and death to his descendants. (Romans 5:12) So I believe God has ultimate authority over life and death.

What is the Christian belief on ; Why God made the decision to have this object called sin become transmittable? If I was the creator of all things, Death and sin transmissions wouldn't be possible, i wouldn't allow it to exist, I would want compassion to overrule my own 'will'. Sometimes I think my compassion has to be limited to worship this Christian God. You can't love everybody being a Christian. I hate saying that...even being a Pacifist/non-violence is not very Christian to hate all forms of war, especially when God approves some form of violence.

savethedreams

The Christian belief is generally in the bible, in God and in Jesus.
Everything else is gravy.

If you want someone to tell you what is and what is not, then I can't help you.

Is this 'gravy' and 'generally' approved by God. ? When I hear answers Christians say; I believe they are saying what they believe is Directly from God, so when I heard you say 'gravy' and 'general' I hear that what you feel God is conveying.

rusra02

Premium Member
What is the Christian belief on ; Why God made the decision to have this object called sin become transmittable? If I was the creator of all things, Death and sin transmissions wouldn't be possible, i wouldn't allow it to exist, I would want compassion to overrule my own 'will'. Sometimes I think my compassion has to be limited to worship this Christian God. You can't love everybody being a Christian. I hate saying that...even being a Pacifist/non-violence is not very Christian to hate all forms of war, especially when God approves some form of violence.
Jehovah is the God of peace and hates violence and those who cause it. (Psalm 11:5) He is also the God of justice, who abides by his own perfect laws, even when it is costly to do so. The Bible explains that God purposed to show mercy to deserving descendants of Adam, while still exercising perfect justice and righteousness. (Romans 3:25,26) I believe the way God handled the rebellion in Eden was the very best way for all concerned.

savethedreams

Jehovah is the God of peace and hates violence and those who cause it. (Psalm 11:5) He is also the God of justice, who abides by his own perfect laws, even when it is costly to do so. The Bible explains that God purposed to show mercy to deserving descendants of Adam, while still exercising perfect justice and righteousness. (Romans 3:25,26) I believe the way God handled the rebellion in Eden was the very best way for all concerned.

So this God would be oppose to Pacifism. The justice wouldn't include pacifism. So couldn't nonviolence be satanism or a rebellion if God allows some violence ? In essence, if I rebelled against God and make a statement all beings should be free nonviolent and happy , do not harm them during the early bible times wouldn't I be a satanist ? I asked because I practice extreme nonviolence which includes animals , and I refuse to discuss or bow to any violence, I've have been called a devil worshiper due to that. Is that a common Christian belief ?

You mention; "when it's costly to do so." And "his own perfect laws " I can't understand what you mean by that. ?

I truly not understanding any of this about; GOD and what Christians Believe. I see this God as creator of all there is, far beyond our universe. To say this being has the ability to do anything that is possible , if I came with many alternatives that are peaceful why could he ? And if choose those alternative am I wrong ?

rusra02

Premium Member
So this God would be oppose to Pacifism. The justice wouldn't include pacifism. So couldn't nonviolence be satanism or a rebellion if God allows some violence ? In essence, if I rebelled against God and make a statement all beings should be free nonviolent and happy , do not harm them during the early bible times wouldn't I be a satanist ? I asked because I practice extreme nonviolence which includes animals , and I refuse to discuss or bow to any violence, I've have been called a devil worshiper due to that. Is that a common Christian belief ?

You mention; "when it's costly to do so." And "his own perfect laws " I can't understand what you mean by that. ?

I truly not understanding any of this about; GOD and what Christians Believe. I see this God as creator of all there is, far beyond our universe. To say this being has the ability to do anything that is possible , if I came with many alternatives that are peaceful why could he ? And if choose those alternative am I wrong ?
I do not find it surprising that we cannot fully understand the true God. Isaiah 55:8,9 quotes God: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, And your ways are not my ways,” declares Jehovah. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,So my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." But I believe God reveals to us his qualities and personality in the Bible, as well as his purposes. Thus we can draw close to God, as he invites us to do at James 4:8.

savethedreams

I do not find it surprising that we cannot fully understand the true God. Isaiah 55:8,9 quotes God: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, And your ways are not my ways,” declares Jehovah. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,So my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." But I believe God reveals to us his qualities and personality in the Bible, as well as his purposes. Thus we can draw close to God, as he invites us to do at James 4:8.

Do you believe that one cannot be a complete Pacifist and Christian/Muslim ?

If I reject all war/violence/negative thoughts/dualistic thinking would I be rejecting the Christian God?

Thana

Lady
Is this 'gravy' and 'generally' approved by God. ? When I hear answers Christians say; I believe they are saying what they believe is Directly from God, so when I heard you say 'gravy' and 'general' I hear that what you feel God is conveying.

No, I don't speak for God. Some people do, but you'll know them.

I'm just speaking from what I believe to be true, that all the nuances are just gravy and faith is what matters.

rusra02

Premium Member
Do you believe that one cannot be a complete Pacifist and Christian/Muslim ?

If I reject all war/violence/negative thoughts/dualistic thinking would I be rejecting the Christian God?

True Christians today follow the lead set by Jesus Christ. He responded when his disciples tried to prevent his arrest: "Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword." (Matthew 26:52) His first century followers were peaceful, even when persecuted and killed. "we do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly." (2 Corinthians 10:3) So true Christians do not fight and kill one another or anyone else, IMO. Unlike the unrighteous wars fought by men, God has promised to end this wicked system in a final war called Armegeddon. This war will destroy all who oppose God, as Revelation 19:11-21 describes. (Revelation 16:16) True Christians will not fight in this battle; it is God's war. True Christians, however, do keenly anticipate and pray for God to bring this about. So in that sense we are not complete pacifists, IMO.

savethedreams

True Christians today follow the lead set by Jesus Christ. He responded when his disciples tried to prevent his arrest: "Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword." (Matthew 26:52) His first century followers were peaceful, even when persecuted and killed. "we do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly." (2 Corinthians 10:3) So true Christians do not fight and kill one another or anyone else, IMO. Unlike the unrighteous wars fought by men, God has promised to end this wicked system in a final war called Armegeddon. This war will destroy all who oppose God, as Revelation 19:11-21 describes. (Revelation 16:16) True Christians will not fight in this battle; it is God's war. True Christians, however, do keenly anticipate and pray for God to bring this about. So in that sense we are not complete pacifists, IMO.

I understand that. So if I'm pacifist I cannot be a Christian.