• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When does the United States say to Trump, "Stop this idiotic farce!"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump is just the Frankenstein monster that is the culmination of decades of political effort on the Right. His is an undiluted expression of their basest motivations and values. Others will come along after he's gone who will crawl over each other to prove their bone fides as bearers of his torch.
I wonder what the political culmination of the left is called?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Just like the left wingers who want to censor and ban anyone and anything they don't agree with. Fancy that.

Fascism is an all around utility. Very practical.
Are you seriously trying to argue that political correctness is just as bad as trying to get the results of a democratic election thrown out?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I shouldn't have to add anything else, but hell, its November 30, and he's still making stupid, unfounded, unevidenced, repeatedly disproved, nonsensical and basically stupid claims about how he has been deprived of his divine right to rule.

Surely, at some point, a nation of any decency at all finally just says -- to a person -- JUST SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!

Does the United States no longer have even a small vestige of pride left?
After due process is completed. We pride ourselves in being a land of laws and not a dictatorship as you wold suggest. Your statement is quite inflammatory and without base. IMO.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I shouldn't have to add anything else, but hell, its November 30, and he's still making stupid, unfounded, unevidenced, repeatedly disproved, nonsensical and basically stupid claims about how he has been deprived of his divine right to rule.

Surely, at some point, a nation of any decency at all finally just says -- to a person -- JUST SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!

Does the United States no longer have even a small vestige of pride left?
The courts have been saying exactly that (in different words).
Pride is to be had in the system functioning more as it should,
than as he wants.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump is just the Frankenstein monster that is the culmination of decades of political effort on the Right. His is an undiluted expression of their basest motivations and values. Others will come along after he's gone who will crawl over each other to prove their bone fides as bearers of his torch.
In an entrenched 2 party system, no leader of one exists without the other.
Trump is as much a creation of the left as the right. He could never have
won without the opposition behaving as they do....presenting us with
sickly choices. You should feel fortunate that the latest, Creepy Uncle
Joe managed to eek out a win against The Donald.
We're now hearing his death rattle. Don't complain....revel in it....enjoy.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
After due process is completed. We pride ourselves in being a land of laws and not a dictatorship as you wold suggest. Your statement is quite inflammatory and without base. IMO.

We are also a nation of political traditions that allow for peaceful and smooth transitions of power.

Trump has been acting like an unruly four year old and is a national embarrassment.

He lost. He doesn't want to admit it. And he sits and pouts and blames the umpires instead of himself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Parenthetical aside....
It's odd that so many on the left feared fascism from Trump.
Yet so many also want to see Ameristan become a one
party country...only Democrats at the helm. No real limits
on their power, since the Constitution is a "living document",
subject to modification by court fiat.
I don't trust either party.

Kenny

Premium Member
We are also a nation of political traditions that allow for peaceful and smooth transitions of power.

Trump has been acting like an unruly four year old and is a national embarrassment.

He lost. He doesn't want to admit it. And he sits and pouts and blames the umpires instead of himself.
OK?

Kenny

Premium Member
Parenthetical aside....
It's odd that so many on the left feared fascism from Trump.
Yet so many also want to see Ameristan become a one
party country...only Democrats at the helm. No real limits
on their power, since the Constitution is a "living document",
subject to modification by court fiat.
I don't trust either party.
As one of our forefathers said, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams.

We are no longer moral and we are quickly loosing our religious heritage.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As one of our forefathers said, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams.

We are no longer moral and we are quickly loosing our religious heritage.
Well, then it wasn't for me, a life-long heathen.
But perhaps the Constitution really is for heathens too.
After all, Adams was a man of his times, when Christianity was a rampant affliction.
Such people tended to equate morality with religion.
We've advanced somewhat from that primitive age.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Well, then it wasn't for me, a life-long heathen.
But perhaps the Constitution really is for heathens too.
After all, Adams was a man of his times, when Christianity was a rampant affliction.
Such people tended to equate morality with religion.
We've advanced somewhat from that primitive age.
ABSOLUTELY! As a religious person, I should honor you to the utmost! (As an enlightened Christian :) )

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
In an entrenched 2 party system, no leader of one exists without the other.
Trump is as much a creation of the left as the right. He could never have
won without the opposition behaving as they do....presenting us with
sickly choices. You should feel fortunate that the latest, Creepy Uncle
Joe managed to eek out a win against The Donald.
We're now hearing his death rattle. Don't complain....revel in it....enjoy.

Nah, this is a cop out Rev, sorry. When given over a dozen options, the GOP picked Trump in the 2016 primary. Nobody made them do it. They weren't backed into a corner. They freely chose Trump. That's who they wanted. There's no need to make excuses.

And I do feel fortunate that Trump lost. But I'm also a realist in that I understand that Trumpism isn't going away come January 20th.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nah, this is a cop out brilliant observation, Rev, sorry. When given over a dozen options, the GOP picked Trump in the 2016 primary. Nobody made them do it. They weren't backed into a corner. They freely chose Trump. That's who they wanted. There's no need to make excuses.
Fixed.

Of course, I fault Republicans for selecting Trump over better (IMO) candidates.
But he didn't win election in a vacuum....he ran against Hillary. It's hard to fathom
why Democrats want or at least tolerate a corrupt party system where such a
candidate would be chosen to lead the most powerful country on the globe.
But they did. And such an incompetent, uninspiring, war mongering machine
cog managed to lose to someone as loathsome as Trump.

But the mind boggling fecklessness & inscrutable morality of the left chose
Biden over all other aspirants for 2020. And they nearly lost this election too.
And I do feel fortunate that Trump lost. But I'm also a realist in that I understand that Trumpism isn't going away come January 20th.
We will see.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The reality is that Trump basically is a fascist, and I don't throw that word around lightly. His first wife [Ivana] said he would often read NAZI materials before going to sleep, plus look at the things he has continued to stand for v against.

But Trump didn't elect himself, so this says a ton about those who have blindly followed him, cheered him on, voted for him, with many still all too willing to still defend him.

Fascism - Wikipedia

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Fixed.

Of course, I fault Republicans for selecting Trump over better (IMO) candidates.
But he didn't win election in a vacuum....he ran against Hillary. It's hard to fathom
why Democrats want or at least tolerate a corrupt party system where such a
candidate would be chosen to lead the most powerful country on the globe.
But they did. And such an incompetent, uninspiring, war mongering machine
cog managed to lose to someone as loathsome as Trump.

We will see.

We're talking about two different things, I think. You're rightly pointing out that in a general election, the choice is basically between the Big Two. And voters who aren't particularly political, who are genuine swing voters, etc. are going to have a set of reasons why they vote for one over the other in an election.

I'm talking about the reasons that conservative partisans freely chose Trump. They are the creator of what we now call Trumpism, and they aren't going to abandon that ship just because Trump lost. Their motivation is ideological. Trump is just the current bearer of the torch, not the torch itself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We're talking about two different things, I think.
Perhaps you brought up more than you intended.
I addressed what I saw.
I'm talking about the reasons that conservative partisans freely chose Trump. They are the creator of what we now call Trumpism, and they aren't going to abandon that ship just because Trump lost. Their motivation is ideological. Trump is just the current bearer of the torch, not the torch itself.
I see ideological motivations on both sides.
When Hillary lost, Democrats didn't abandon theirs.
These 2 sides are not entirely different.