• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When does the United States say to Trump, "Stop this idiotic farce!"

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Thats not whay the OP is about. Its why do people not stop coddling this whiny child throwing a tantrum and instead tell him to shut up and own his defeat like a man. Thats what we whould all be doing, but a large chunk of the nation--including many Republican leaders--are playing along with this farce despite the fact the Toddler-in-Chief has no evidence to support his claims.
It's not about evidence. It never was.

Whenever the actions of Trump or the Republican Party seem not to make sense on their face, I find it helpful to remember this statement:

Fascism seeks to maintain power regardless of political norms.

... and then their actions suddenly appear entirely consistent and logical.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I shouldn't have to add anything else, but hell, its November 30, and he's still making stupid, unfounded, unevidenced, repeatedly disproved, nonsensical and basically stupid claims about how he has been deprived of his divine right to rule.

Surely, at some point, a nation of any decency at all finally just says -- to a person -- JUST SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!

Does the United States no longer have even a small vestige of pride left?
Of course. We live in a free enough country where people are allowed to voice grievances.

Anyways we had to put up with incessant whining by the left for four full years. I think a few months with Trump is adequate recompense in kind.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you are missing the point of his tantrums. This blather on his part about the election is not about him staying in office (he knows he is not). It is all about his brand; he needs to keep his cultists stoked and willing to follow him wherever he goes next. My guess is that he will be dead within a decade anyway, considering his age, health, and lifestyle. So Trumpism will eventually fade away...

I agree with you, except that I think Trumpism will long outlive the man.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Of course. We live in a free enough country where people are allowed to voice grievances.
You're also free to roll around in a pile of manure, but would you think it's a good idea to do so?

Anyways we had to put up with incessant whining by the left for four full years. I think a few months with Trump is adequate recompense in kind.
Because valid criticisms of pisspoor performance/behavior totally justify unsubstantiated and irrational accusations.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Something that is a worthwhile read to put some things in perspective:

"Since the election, surveys have consistently found that about 70 percent to 80 percent of Republicans don’t buy the results.

Those numbers sound alarmingly high, and they imply that the overwhelming majority of people in one political party in America doubt the legitimacy of a presidential election. But the reality is more complicated, political scientists say. Research has shown that the answers that partisans (on the left as well as on the right) give to political questions often reflect not what they know as fact, but what they wish were true. Or what they think they should say.

“The evidence is strong that a number of people out there, even if they know the truth, will give a cheerleading answer,” said Seth Hill, a political scientist at the University of California, San Diego. Part of the president’s base appears eager to stick it to the establishment, he said. If those voters interpret surveys about the election’s legitimacy as part of that establishment, he said, “it’s quite possible they will use this as another vehicle to express that sentiment.”"
From - Most Republicans Say They Doubt the Election. How Many Really Mean It?

The psychology of how people respond to surveys is pretty interesting...and pretty fluffy science still.
Interesting article, thanks for linking.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
You envisage a 'Jared Kushner, 2032' campaign?
Wow...just typing that made my computer literally vomit (err...figuratively).

Trump is just the Frankenstein monster that is the culmination of decades of political effort on the Right. His is an undiluted expression of their basest motivations and values. Others will come along after he's gone who will crawl over each other to prove their bone fides as bearers of his torch.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Trump is just the Frankenstein monster that is the culmination of decades of political effort on the Right. His is an undiluted expression of their basest motivations and values. Others will come along after he's gone who will crawl over each other to prove their bone fides as bearers of his torch.

Awww...sadly, there is some level of truth in this, although I wouldn't frame it as poetically. But certainly he has shown people one path to procuring political validity in quick time. Cynical politics at it's worst, in my opinion.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I shouldn't have to add anything else, but hell, its November 30, and he's still making stupid, unfounded, unevidenced, repeatedly disproved, nonsensical and basically stupid claims about how he has been deprived of his divine right to rule.

Surely, at some point, a nation of any decency at all finally just says -- to a person -- JUST SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!

Trump comes across as very immature.

Riders

We are lucky on this forum. There are very few of the rabid Trump supporters that claim Trump won here. I do spend some time on a site where there are still one or two diehards.

WHen I told my Trumper friend that they had started the transitioning of Biden she said it was fake news and she wasnt listening to the news. I could swear she was choosing to believe he still had a chance or was on his way to winning.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

I have read that a 'March for Trump' has set out to travel through several States and ending at Washington In about a fortnight.
Some of the Trump nuts look really very dangerous as well as crank to me.
How much trouble are these groups going to be?

Riders

We did not deny that Clinton lost the election,Clinton did not claim the votes were fraud, she did not refuse to transition Trump or refuse to concede, she made a concession speech which was beautiful. Obama briefed Trump a and started talking to him immediatly helping him transition into the role. Clinton´ś election was nothing like this noone´s was only Trump, he won concede have we ever had a President refuse to concede? It´ś not whining. Trump is trying to obstruct justice by keeping Biden from transitioning>........................you must be joking

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Perhaps his unwillingness to accept defeat (which of course it was) stems from the 'loser' aspect, as many have said elsewhere, and like many others, comes from people having drives to placate or please their fathers more than doing it for themselves. Have met a few of them in my time - and they all seem to do anything to avoid defeat because of this - what daddy will think of them, even if daddy is dead. :oops:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Well, he only has a few days left to get folks to react to his shenanigans. Might as well make the best of it.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I think a few months with ...
a few months? He has been crying like an infant since before the 2016 election. And he won that one and still cried. Remember the 3 million illegal votes he claimed were cast in 2015? No evidence of that, he had 2 years and the resources of the federal government to find evidence of that.

I have no doubt whatsoever that he will continue to whine about this and other things for as many years as he has left.

“a few months”? Really?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Right.
He's a maggot who crawled out of a festering, infected wound. He's a symptom, not a cause.

Twilight Hue

We did not deny that Clinton lost the election,Clinton did not claim the votes were fraud, she did not refuse to transition Trump or refuse to concede, she made a concession speech which was beautiful. Obama briefed Trump a and started talking to him immediatly helping him transition into the role. Clinton´ś election was nothing like this noone´s was only Trump, he won concede have we ever had a President refuse to concede? It´ś not whining. Trump is trying to obstruct justice by keeping Biden from transitioning>........................you must be joking

Trump claims he directed his administration to start Biden's transition process even as he continues to say he won the election.

Suppose it up to interpretation.

Twilight Hue

Or you could turn off the news, you know. I'm not even paying attention to politics lately and my Google feed finally seems to have noticed.

Winner!

"Hey doc!
Trump media is driving me crazy"!

Hmm...

"Well Percival, dont view Trump media then".

Lol.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

In the United States one of our biggest supported right is Freedom of Speech. It does allow blowhards to remain in the limelight longer than we like but you'd be hard pressed to find much support to take that right away. We also highly rate individuality and understand one person is not a reflection on the whole country no matter there position. If other countries don't see that its not our problem its theirs.

Twilight Hue

It's not about evidence. It never was.

Whenever the actions of Trump or the Republican Party seem not to make sense on their face, I find it helpful to remember this statement:

Fascism seeks to maintain power regardless of political norms.

... and then their actions suddenly appear entirely consistent and logical.
Just like the left wingers who want to censor and ban anyone and anything they don't agree with. Fancy that.

Fascism is an all around utility. Very practical.