1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When does scripture say the Lord will put 'MY LAWS' into their hearts

Discussion in 'Restorationists DIR' started by Simbagraphix, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Simbagraphix

Simbagraphix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The verse is the following:

Hebrews 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Lets establish this--> them means the house of Israel: all the believers of Christ.

But was does "after those days" mean. Which days?

2. Didachist

Didachist Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Religion:
    Christian
    Jeremiah 31:31-34 in particular
    31:33 For this is my covenant which I will make with the house of Israel; after those days, saith the Lord, I will surely put my laws into their mind, and write them on their hearts; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people

For me this refers to Pentecost, and the recognition of Christ as the Lord God of Israel, the one who took them out of Egypt.

3. MJS

MJS Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree. The verse before says:

"15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,"

Seems like a reference to the pouring out of the spirit as a witness during the Pentacost.