• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When does scripture say the Lord will put 'MY LAWS' into their hearts

The verse is the following:

Hebrews 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Lets establish this--> them means the house of Israel: all the believers of Christ.

But was does "after those days" mean. Which days?

Didachist

Jeremiah 31:31-34 in particular
31:33 For this is my covenant which I will make with the house of Israel; after those days, saith the Lord, I will surely put my laws into their mind, and write them on their hearts; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people

For me this refers to Pentecost, and the recognition of Christ as the Lord God of Israel, the one who took them out of Egypt.

MJS

Jeremiah 31:31-34 in particular
31:33 For this is my covenant which I will make with the house of Israel; after those days, saith the Lord, I will surely put my laws into their mind, and write them on their hearts; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people

For me this refers to Pentecost, and the recognition of Christ as the Lord God of Israel, the one who took them out of Egypt.

I agree. The verse before says:

"15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,"

Seems like a reference to the pouring out of the spirit as a witness during the Pentacost.