• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When did you know it was time for a divorce?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You don't have to share, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask to learn something. I'm wondering when you realized it was time for a divorce (if you had one)?
What kind of things started to take place that led to it? What are the signs to look for? Did he, she, or you threaten a divorce multiple times before it actually became a reality?
I'm not asking anyone to share what they are not comfortable sharing.

My mom has been married four times and is currently divorced. In three of those situations, I don't even know how they got married in the first place. Her third husband she was only married to for like 6 weeks LOL! He started spending all of her money on all kinds of things and couldn't stop buying expensive stuff.
So she quickly got rid of him.

It's always a sad thing though when two people who fall in love realize they don't love each other anymore (and sometimes even hate each other.) Was there a costly custody battle? My dad lost multiple custody battles and then he kidnapped us and took us to Fatima Portugal.
That was more than 26 years ago and they still hate each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
My mom's fourth husband was guilty of a pedophilia charge. He didn't touch any of us, but had a charge from a previous marriage. Whenever we got angry at him we would call him a pedophile.
I think that had a lot to do with the divorce. I actually feel sorry for him. A lot of people made fun of him not just in our family.

He's probably very lonely, has much shame, guilt, and is probably unemployed now. He had a diagnosis of dissociative identity disorder. He was very strange.

My older brother and my older sister both had marriages that were complete hell and ended in divorce.

It looks like something really rough to go through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You don't have to share, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask to learn something.

I'm wondering when you realized it was time for a divorce (if you had one)?

What kind of things started to take place that led to it? What are the signs to look for?

Did he, she, or you threaten a divorce multiple times before it actually became a reality?

I'm not asking anyone to share what they are not comfortable sharing.

My mom has been married four times and is currently divorced.

In three of those situations, I don't even know how they got married in the first place.

Her third husband she was only married to for like 6 weeks LOL!

He started spending all of her money on all kinds of things and couldn't stop buying expensive stuff.

So she quickly got rid of him.

It's always a sad thing though when two people who fall in love realize they don't love each other anymore (and sometimes even hate each other.)

Was there a costly custody battle?

My dad lost multiple custody battles and then he kidnapped us and took us to Fatima Portugal.

That was more than 26 years ago and they still hate each other.

When walking through our bedroom I got used tampons stuck to the bottoms of my feet.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Sorry all, my posts have a lay out that makes it look like it should be a poem or song. It's cuz I was on my phone and it looked differently than now. My bad, I'll fix it

Mindmaster

Premium Member
You don't have to share, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask to learn something. I'm wondering when you realized it was time for a divorce (if you had one)?
What kind of things started to take place that led to it? What are the signs to look for?

Honestly, it's something you probably aren't privy too -- sex. Happy couples are probably doing it at least 2x a week with the exception of times when Aunt Flow is in town, and sexual dysfunction or physical limitations. (which includes things like working several back to back 12 hour days, etc, lol) Whatever the reasons, that's usually where it'll show up first. Extremely strong couples are probably doing it even more, like daily or every other day. :D

It's not relevant in the case of temporary conflicts, as this is usually just a break. It's when the sex is limited and that status is on-going. Of my friends that have been divorced the sex went from the 2x a week at least to about once a month or less pretty quick. Even if they didn't understand the relationship was getting into troubled water.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Honestly, it's something you probably aren't privy too -- sex. Happy couples are probably doing it at least 2x a week with the exception of times when Aunt Flow is in town, and sexual dysfunction or physical limitations. (which includes things like working several back to back 12 hour days, etc, lol) Whatever the reasons, that's usually where it'll show up first. Extremely strong couples are probably doing it even more, like daily or every other day. :D

It's not relevant in the case of temporary conflicts, as this is usually just a break. It's when the sex is limited and that status is on-going. Of my friends that have been divorced the sex went from the 2x a week at least to about once a month or less pretty quick. Even if they didn't understand the relationship was getting into troubled water.
I shared it on here before. last girl I was with gave me two STD's.

I'm going to be celibate for the rest of my life most likely. unless it becomes really clear that I've met a girl who loves me for me, and who is fun to be around without my having to drink or use to be enjoying her company.

All I care about right now is being enlightened and having understanding. so I'll devote myself to prayer and meditation with the hopes that such a understanding and Enlightenment can be achieved.

I'm not right in the head. I'm kind of a mental case. Unless I'm healed of that, I don't plan on getting in relationships that screw with my head.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

......................It's always a sad thing though when two people who fall in love realize they don't love each other anymore (and sometimes even hate each other.) ....................

Hi......
Yes, it is.
That two people can declare such love, such devotion, and later be in such hatred, mistrust and even outright war makes me wonder.......

One of my wife's work colleagues rubbishes her husband so badly that most people that work with her think he must be a very bad man. But then she brings him to company social functions holding his hand and smiling in pleasure, but he gets really nasty looks from her colleagues. And she often describes herself as a loyal person!

That causes me to stray slightly from the thread title...... one way of discovering whether friends, relatives or colleagues are two-faced bad-mouths about you is to watch their friends, children, colleagues etc who don't know you! Children's attitudes to you will often tell you everything that you need to know.

My wife and self, we bathe together every night, talking about what happened during our day. These bath-times which are platonic are very intimate, and make us more of a couple even than coupling. Sex doesn't necessarily bind couples together if they are just using each other for a release.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hi......
Yes, it is.
That two people can declare such love, such devotion, and later be in such hatred, mistrust and even outright war makes me wonder.......

One of my wife's work colleagues rubbishes her husband so badly that most people that work with her think he must be a very bad man. But then she brings him to company social functions holding his hand and smiling in pleasure, but he gets really nasty looks from her colleagues. And she often describes herself as a loyal person!

That causes me to stray slightly from the thread title...... one way of discovering whether friends, relatives or colleagues are two-faced bad-mouths about you is to watch their friends, children, colleagues etc who don't know you! Children's attitudes to you will often tell you everything that you need to know.

My wife and self, we bathe together every night, talking about what happened during our day. These bath-times which are platonic are very intimate, and make us more of a couple even than coupling. Sex doesn't necessarily bind couples together if they are just using each other for a release.
Beautiful! I'm happy for you! :)