• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When brilliant ideas backfire!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Have you had any great ideas you were excited about, put your whole heart into it, all eggs into that basket (as it were), and the result was totally the opposite of what you were hoping for, complete disaster, or the problem you hoped to fix, you made it worse.

I've mentioned too many examples already, but I take it a few steps further than most people, continue to try and fix the damage a did, making it worse, then possibly another attempt, with terrible, the same, or worse results.

It's like kicking a wall till your foot breaks and you keep kicking it, expecting the wall to come down.

It's simply, sometimes, you have to recognize, "I screwed up", pray for the people wronged, dont do the same bull****, but not try to fix anything by continuing to converse with people involved.

I hate it though, how the big change of heart, you fully realize what you did, it's too late, and there's just no way to make things right sometimes.

Every time it happens, good things do come out of it. I'll give God thanks for the valuable lessons that come from my woundedness, darkness, and poor judgement, because they are always times of much growth in maturity and wisdom, when you allow it .

But how about God teach me the lessons , and give me the wisdom to know things, so no one gets hurt by my poor judgement and stupidity in the first place?

Instead, I keep having to **** up over and over and over again! And frighten, offend, anger, or disturb people, and finally realize it, and it's simply too late! Not a damn thing can be done!

My first mental institution was age 10 and a childhood often incarcerated. Trying to be a successful adult is like a fish judging things by it's ability to climb a tree.

It feels like a curse that follows me, and I will frighten or offend lots of people, make many uncomfortable and feel disturbed, but feel like it's God's will at the same time.

At any rate, I'm deeply compassionate, and with help from above, have really helped some people big time.

But very troubled too.

Have you any disaster stories to share?

Last edited:

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Have you had any great ideas you were excited about, put your whole heart into it, all eggs into that basket (as it were), and the result was totally the opposite of what you were hoping for, complete disaster, or the problem you hoped to fix, you made it worse.

I've mentioned too many examples already, but I take it a few steps further than most people, continue to try and fix the damage a did, making it worse, then possibly another attempt, with terrible, the same, or worse results.

It's like kicking a wall till your foot breaks and you keep kicking it, expecting the wall to come down.

It's simply, sometimes, you have to recognize, "I screwed up", pray for the people wronged, dont do the same bull****, but not try to fix anything by continuing to converse with people involved.

I hate it though, how the big change of heart, you fully realize what you did, it's too late, and there's just no way to make things right sometimes.

Every time it happens, good things do come out of it. I'll give God thanks for the valuable lessons that come from my woundedness, darkness, and poor judgement, because they are always times of much growth in maturity and wisdom, when you allow it .

But how about God teach me the lessons , and give me the wisdom to know things, so no one gets hurt by my poor judgement and stupidity in the first place?

Instead, I keep having to **** up over and over and over again! And frighten, offend, anger, or disturb people, and finally realize it, and it's simply too late! Not a damn thing can be done!

My first mental institution was age 10 and a childhood often incarcerated. Trying to be a successful adult is like a fish judging things by it's ability to climb a tree.

It feels like a curse that follows me, and I will frighten or offend lots of people, make many uncomfortable and feel disturbed, but like it's God's will at the same time.

At any rate, I'm deeply compassionate, and with help from above, have really helped some people big time.

But very troubled too.

Have you any disaster stories to share?

Years ago I cement-rendered a basement wall, which included the incoming electric mains panel. The whole wall ended up live, due to the water content of the cement. Ooops!

Viker

Häxan
I'm the modern Ralph Kramden of bright ideas.

ralph-kramden-235006-normal.jpg

"Any more bright ideas and General Electric is going to pull sponsorship from my show. Which gives me a really wonderful bright idea!"

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Have you had any great ideas you were excited about, put your whole heart into it, all eggs into that basket (as it were), and the result was totally the opposite of what you were hoping for, complete disaster

Hmm, he's nice i thought, charming, attractive, i wonder... He turned out to be the biggest **** this side of North Vietnam.

Hmm, invest in America, sure fire thing is American, stable markets and good returns. Then 2008 hit... Thats £80k I'll never see again.