• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When are the aliens coming?

Theweirdtophat

Which one? There's more than one alien not all of which that want to conquer. Of course, there are some think they've already taken over the world and hide among the populace.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Which one? There's more than one alien not all of which that want to conquer. Of course, there are some think they've already taken over the world and hide among the populace.
Good question. I was thinking that someone who believes in this, it is a belief system/s/, would explain which aliens they were hoping for, etc.

Theweirdtophat

I am hoping that whatever aliens visit, assuming they haven't visited already are benevolent. Of course there are religions that were discussed in ancient times when the deities would return to visit the humans and a big battle would take place. Perhaps aliens would return and do battle with other aliens? Maybe we are caught in the crossfire between a big battle between various alien races. Who knows really.

But if they do, let's not despair. Nothing is invincible, even if these aliens have more advanced technology.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I am hoping that whatever aliens visit, assuming they haven't visited already are benevolent. Of course there are religions that were discussed in ancient times when the deities would return to visit the humans and a big battle would take place. Perhaps aliens would return and do battle with other aliens? Maybe we are caught in the crossfire between a big battle between various alien races. Who knows really.

But if they do, let's not despair. Nothing is invincible, even if these aliens have more advanced technology.
I'm not worried about it. Just wouldn't want to be having a picnic in their landing area.

Theweirdtophat

I'm not worried about it. Just wouldn't want to be having a picnic in their landing area.

I'd be cautious at least as it'd be a dangerous enemy but nothing we humans couldn't overcome. Well the bible talks about flying locusts harming humans. Perhaps in the future there will be locust-like aliens conquering the Earth. Hopefully not.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I'd be cautious at least as it'd be a dangerous enemy but nothing we humans couldn't overcome. Well the bible talks about flying locusts harming humans. Perhaps in the future there will be locust-like aliens conquering the Earth. Hopefully not.
Martian attack.:p
I hope their benevolent, but that seems like an iffy probability. They might be looking for gold, etc.

Theweirdtophat

Martian attack.:p
I hope their benevolent, but that seems like an iffy probability. They might be looking for gold, etc.

Indeed. :p Interesting you mention gold as in legends, gold was considered to be the "metal of the gods" and deities often adorned gold or valued gold. Some have said that they helped humans mine it and that the deities were in fact aliens. Gold is a valuable metal after all. They might be benevolent or they just want to hang out and recharge their ship. Sort of like a truck looking for a truck stop and refuel and they might look at our planet as a truck stop.

They might need us in some way. Like with those gray aliens. There has been talk where the gray aliens would abduct people and try to interbreed with the species because their own species is dying and they need to repopulate.

Kirran

Premium Member
I think the idea that aliens would come here for resources is mad. By the time they get here, they'll be well into colonising space anyway, what could we give them? Some biological stuff, some cultural stuff, that's about it really.

Theweirdtophat

I think the idea that aliens would come here for resources is mad. By the time they get here, they'll be well into colonising space anyway, what could we give them? Some biological stuff, some cultural stuff, that's about it really.

We could give them what they don't have. Metals like gold and silver, or other elements like uranium. They might have the same kind of elements and their resources have been depleted and need a new source of fuel and power to help their planet. I don't see how the idea is implausible.

Kirran

Premium Member
We could give them what they don't have. Metals like gold and silver, or other elements like uranium. They might have the same kind of elements and their resources have been depleted and need a new source of fuel and power to help their planet. I don't see how the idea is implausible.

Because there's lots of gold, silver and uranium in places other than our planet and the home planet of the aliens.

In all likelihood, once a civilisation becomes established in space-faring, it will not take long for the vast majority of its population to become located in places other than planetary surfaces. Much easier access to resources there, among other things. Resources like gold and silver, among other things.

Theweirdtophat

Because there's lots of gold, silver and uranium in places other than our planet and the home planet of the aliens.

In all likelihood, once a civilisation becomes established in space-faring, it will not take long for the vast majority of its population to become located in places other than planetary surfaces. Much easier access to resources there, among other things. Resources like gold and silver, among other things.

Depends on where their planet is. If we're closer, they'll come to us. We may have something else that they need or they already depleted their resources on other planets. What ever the reason, I'm sure it'd be a good one.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Oh yeah. For sure. Look at all the inhospitable planets, a place like earth is a likely destination.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
iunno

The atheistic UFO cult founder, Rael, says they'll be coming around 2035 or something like that - but earlier if the "alien embassy" was built, if I remember correctly from chatting to one of them. IIRC, there is an alien embassy in Japan and they still ain't arrived, though. :p

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
hey breathe, nice running into you. I can't figure out if I need MySQL to do php. Anyways I am really busy but I have a ton of ideas, both from the Raelians and from myself. Please allow me to to put a short stub in, and then maybe in a month or two I can look it up and work it out.

The essentials of the Raelian philosophy on the topic are as follows (I made it as a Raelian almost 7 years and may someday return). They our creators gave incontestable proof about them and us to Rael in the three books Intelligent Design: Message from the Designers (and I don't know of any disproof on the Internet nor have I heard any said). Judging by his followers' and their listeners' reactions, they would decide if it is worthwhile to return. There are some important things in there like no international war, but basically if we act like adults they will come. It will be by 2035 you are correct. It would accelerate and change things quickly, so we should want them to come. They need an embassy. If the earth gets destroyed, it will be repopulated by the good guys, but that is a very long wait!

My philosophy: I have lots of good ideas but I can't gather them in a short time. I would comment however that that Intelligent Design book is very future-scientific; see my posts about my site.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Oh, I think they will be coming here sooner or later. Some we call demons seem to have come in the past, but just because they could "get around" doesn't mean they are necessarily "smart" in the cultural sense. Some may have bee high-tailing the "law" and spooked into our planet then left. I think more are coming. I do not assume they are friendly E.T. types like in the movie, they might be something right out of a 1950s invasion movie. They may want our women, too. You cannot assume their women are sweet. But I hope they are.

My gut is, we will encounter "alien" life (not of planet earth) before I die. I do think they will have a "hardware" advantage when it comes to weapons, the upside is they will wipe out the Islamic terrorists, but there is a chance they may like folks like me. I have always been a chameleon and blend in if needed, in fact one of their females probably will want to marry me but then I will have to die because I am totally loyal to my current wife.