• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When are sins forgiven?

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Just ask, as Jesus taught us in "The Lord's Prayer"....
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Luke 11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Jesus also told us: forgive, and you will be forgiven....
Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

We are admonished to pray in Faith:
James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
From an Islamic point of view, all sins are forgiven any time the sinful person repents sincerly and resort to God with good intention to repent. God forgives all sins be it small or big, for God is Mercy.

A

angellous_evangellous

Baerly said:
Does the bible tell us when sins are forgiven?

It seems to me that all sins are on the body of Jesus Christ at Calvary.

2 Cor 5.21
20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
angellous_evangellous said:
It seems to me that all sins are on the body of Jesus Christ at Calvary.

2 Cor 5.21
20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Agreed. Frubals to you...and a beer.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Baerly said:

in the Torah the prescribed method was a Korban, often translated as sacrifice.
Though in later prophecies the method of repentance through prayer became equally acceptable...
ultimately forgiveness can only be attained if the person is truely repentent and acts upon their change of heart...

Baerly

Snowbear said:
Just ask, as Jesus taught us in "The Lord's Prayer"....
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

Luke 11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Jesus also told us: forgive, and you will be forgiven....
Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

We are admonished to pray in Faith:
James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him

I am so sorry to say, that no one has answered the question I asked correctly according to the bible. I am your friend for telling you that little bit of information. Please do not take my word for it,take it from the bible. The bible says sins are forgiven at the point of water baptism (Acts 22:16). Sins are not remitted till a person is baptized in water. At that same time a person is also baptized in Christ according to (Gal.3:27).At the time a person is baptized in water they are also put into the kingdom according to (Col.1:13) (Rev.1:9). The bible says the blood of Jesus forgives our sins,but that does not happen until water baptism according to the bible (Col.2:12) (Titus 3:5) (Acts 2:38) (Acts:35-38) (1Peter 3:21). The Lord used water as the line of DEMARKATION in many instances in the bible.Water baptism in the new testament is yet another one of those times (Gen.7) (Ex.14) (2King 5) (Acts 2:38) (Acts 22:16) (1Peter 3:21) (Eph.5:26).

We know anyone outside of Christ is lost. Please read your bible and accept the word of God.. Is it possible that many have been told an untruth? Even though those preaching that untruth had good intentions,they did not actually know what the bible said about this subject. (Acts 22:16) Harmonizes with every verse in the bible when one understand the bible in its proper context.I will be more than glad to spend time with anyone who wishes to really know what the bible says about when sins are forgiven. Once in time all the people in the world believed the world was SQUARE. But that is because those who were uninformed were teaching others their personal thoughts on the matter rather than what actually was truth. My question to you is have you done what (John 5:39) & (Acts 17:11) says or have you just swallowed an untruth like a goggled eyed perch. Am I your enemy because I tell you the truth (Gal. 4:16)? Let me be your friend by telling you truth
(John 17:17). --in love Baerly

Bishka

Veteran Member
Baerly said:
I am so sorry to say, that no one has answered the question I asked correctly according to the bible.

According to your interpretation of the Bible and to your liking. Many people have answered the question just fine.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Baerly said:
Please read your bible and accept the word of God.. Is it possible that many have been told an untruth? Even though those preaching that untruth had good intentions,they did not actually know what the bible said....
Hmmmm.... looks to me like someone needs to take his own advice ;)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Baerly said:
I am so sorry to say, that no one has answered the question I asked correctly according to the bible. I am your friend for telling you that little bit of information. Please do not take my word for it,take it from the bible. The bible says sins are forgiven at the point of water baptism (Acts 22:16). Sins are not remitted till a person is baptized in water. At that same time a person is also baptized in Christ according to (Gal.3:27).At the time a person is baptized in water they are also put into the kingdom according to (Col.1:13) (Rev.1:9). The bible says the blood of Jesus forgives our sins,but that does not happen until water baptism according to the bible (Col.2:12) (Titus 3:5) (Acts 2:38) (Acts:35-38) (1Peter 3:21). The Lord used water as the line of DEMARKATION in many instances in the bible.Water baptism in the new testament is yet another one of those times (Gen.7) (Ex.14) (2King 5) (Acts 2:38) (Acts 22:16) (1Peter 3:21) (Eph.5:26).

We know anyone outside of Christ is lost. Please read your bible and accept the word of God.. Is it possible that many have been told an untruth? Even though those preaching that untruth had good intentions,they did not actually know what the bible said about this subject. (Acts 22:16) Harmonizes with every verse in the bible when one understand the bible in its proper context.I will be more than glad to spend time with anyone who wishes to really know what the bible says about when sins are forgiven. Once in time all the people in the world believed the world was SQUARE. But that is because those who were uninformed were teaching others their personal thoughts on the matter rather than what actually was truth. My question to you is have you done what (John 5:39) & (Acts 17:11) says or have you just swallowed an untruth like a goggled eyed perch. Am I your enemy because I tell you the truth (Gal. 4:16)? Let me be your friend by telling you truth
(John 17:17). --in love Baerly

Myopia is a debilitating disorder.

A

angellous_evangellous

Baerly said:
Please do not take my word for it,take it from the bible.

Odd that you are giving us your word, then.

By the way, you asked us. If you didn't care about what we had to say, why ask? :rolleyes:

A

angellous_evangellous

Baerly said:

We know anyone outside of Christ is lost. Please read your bible and accept the word of God.. Is it possible that many have been told an untruth?

That depends. You've left out the patriarchs - Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets of the OT have not been baptized, yet they are not "lost."

Also, the theif on the cross was promised paradise with Christ with no mention of baptism whatsoever. I also recall Jesus forgiving several persons' sins and sending them on their way without any baptismal requirements.

I wonder also how you can so readily dismiss the entire epistle to the Romans.

Cordoba

Peace said:
From an Islamic point of view, all sins are forgiven any time the sinful person repents sincerly and resort to God with good intention to repent. God forgives all sins be it small or big, for God is Mercy.

Indeed, He is The Most Merciful, and He forgives all sins (except disbelief and shirk).

The only condition is a sincere repentance.

He created us for His Love and Mercy.

Peace and all the best.

ayani

i believe that only God can forgive sins, and that we should repent of them when we mess up- and ask that we be made more careful in the future.

i don't really know ::when:: my sins are forgiven... perhaps when i repent, remember my sins, ask pardon for them, and ask to be helped in doing better in the future (then do my best!) but then, that's not really for me to know.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Baerly said:
I am so sorry to say, that no one has answered the question I asked correctly according to the bible. I am your friend for telling you that little bit of information. Please do not take my word for it,take it from the bible. The bible says sins are forgiven at the point of water baptism (Acts 22:16). Sins are not remitted till a person is baptized in water.
So from what you say here, since NO-ONE, Christian or not, is perfect enough to live a completely sinless life, a person would need to be baptized each time s/he sins for those sins to be remitted?? I don't think so, Baerly!

This interpretation you are trying to cram down our throats - is it your own or did someone else tell you what the 'correct' interpretation was?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Baerly said:
First we must see our sin,repent and believe that Jesus died for our sins,recieve the gift of his grace his death on the cross for our sins,recieve him as Savior,
When we repent to God,which means to turn from our sinful nature, change our mind ,go in the opposite direction than can God forgive and saves us.
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:for he has appointed a day in which He will judge the world
1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Act 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins: