• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When a religious teaching say something.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
But not all religions says that. Some say impose their laws on non-believers.

Which laws are you referring to? If you are referring to Islam the Quran clearly states “There shall be no compulsion in religion”(2:256)

But that doesn’t mean followers obey it. God never forces His Will upon people but let’s them choose with free will. It’s fanatical religionists who, in disobedience to their own religion try and force their laws on others but not God.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Once a long time ago our first parents lived freely.

Not attacked and not hurt natural life.

We walked freely anywhere wandering. We learnt freely by just being present with our parents.

Free on earth as conscious human.

Now only a memory recorded in heavens isn't any god. It's human memory only.

O earth just a planet.
Heavens just a heavens.
Nature with us. Freedom. Free.

Star fall returned to earth. Science made it return.

Laws of earth...O planet.
Immaculate clear heavens. Cold as it was clear crystal mass fused. First.

Sun O body evil to O body planet converted earth and set alight. Nothing to do with humans.

Moon asteroid plummeted to earth a sun ejection that had cooled in space laws.

First star wanderer. Stopped. Law freeze mother space womb exact.

All stars wandered past earth law. Nothing to do with humans.

Scientist brother first theist about coldest greatest. Changed coldest greatest. Changed heavens that hurt life. Everything about humans.

We never owned that freedom since. We only survive being attacked get sick suffer survive in cooling then live on. Or you die an early age death as non ability to survive by inherited dna sacrificed life. What science the rich man forced upon us. No governing existed then. Society support of family rights.

A new enforced family life past was only about rich human gain.

Became a religious science law review. First status I realised. I'm however medical brain entrainment branch by ceremony.

So don't govern life by your technology God Satanism reasons. Science was not allowed to interfere with governing choices.

Medical a branch owned no interference. It practices tried to heal brain mind human now... conscious behaviours.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
But honestly, doesn't the religious law's or guidelines only apply for those who follow said religion?

That can certainly be your opinion.
It can also certainly be your personal belief that that is how it should be.

But the reality is that that is not how it is in society at large.
Your theory sounds great. But it's the actual practice in reality that we have to deal with.

Are we doing wrong when trying to apply the law of the religion upon people from different religions or especially upon atheists?

Well... in my personal opinion it's always wrong to enforce religious rules - regardless if it is on people that follow the religion or not. But obviously it's even worse when it's on non-followers.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The question is, should not religious people not push their rules on others. Yes it already happen, but is it a good practice?

What would that be like?

This assumes that there is a set of rules hardly wired to non-religious belief.
As if there is a "non-religious doctrine" with tenents and rules and laws and such.

In reality, there is no such thing.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What would that be like?

This assumes that there is a set of rules hardly wired to non-religious belief.
As if there is a "non-religious doctrine" with tenents and rules and laws and such.

In reality, there is no such thing.
True, theists and other belief systems has guidelines and rules that atheists don't have to follow

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Even more precise...Masters like Jesus also give/gave personal advice, just for that specific person

Easy to see, that, to generalize His Words to all, will no doubt lead to big mistakes

Imagine if doctors apply 1 cure to all patients...what a disaster that would be

This alone proves how wrong it is to not pay attention to the fact that certain verses were meant for just a few present there at the moment
jesus never put anything in print and taught for 3.5 years orally. sidhartha guatama didn't write anything down. pythagoras didn't put anything in print either. many master don't write down their teachings because they are left to subjective interpretations. thus 40,000 denominations of christianity.

besides language isn't like mathematics. it's not precise. nothing wrong with looking at something from multiple angles and different interpretations; especially if you want a overall better view.

The Dumb Parrot

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
My response to you was only to say, everyone here has their understanding of what they experiences as true to them, your response could be seen as negative toward @stvdv that was only explaining a belief in karma

scripture is meant to convey one idea and not everyone's subjective ignorance

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
jesus never put anything in print and taught for 3.5 years orally. sidhartha guatama didn't write anything down. pythagoras didn't put anything in print either. many master don't write down their teachings because they are left to subjective interpretations. thus 40,000 denominations of christianity.
I agree of course. In a way, for me no problem that Jesus didn't write it down, now all can use their own interpretation and discrimination to solve problems..., and indeed 40,000 denominations arose

Though

I am glad that my Master gave many discourses, which I heard when I was there. And He did write a few books about some interesting topics like Truth (Satya), Righteousness (Dharma), Love (Prema).

At least I need not guess what He said about those subjects. Does makes things a lot easier.