• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When a religious teaching say something.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Often one can hear that people critique religion because "the religion force it's law upon others"

But honestly, doesn't the religious law's or guidelines only apply for those who follow said religion?

Are we doing wrong when trying to apply the law of the religion upon people from different religions or especially upon atheists?

It depends on whether the religion is universal or in the end individual. The same applies to ideologies and philosophy and even science.

King Phenomenon

Take a look at how religion is forcing changes in the law on all American people.

Theocracies across the world force religious laws on non believers to the extent of accept or die

It would be fine if religious folk didn't attempt to force religious laws on other people. I am afraid that isn't the case though. In the last week I have had 3 different religious people telling me that i should abide by their gods laws. Even to the extent of bastardizing recognised definitions of some words so they agree with their demands
eh, i think alot of non christians are pro life unless you got stats.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Even more precise...Masters like Jesus also give/gave personal advice, just for that specific person

Easy to see, that, to generalize His Words to all, will no doubt lead to big mistakes

Imagine if doctors apply 1 cure to all patients...what a disaster that would be

This alone proves how wrong it is to not pay attention to the fact that certain verses were meant for just a few present there at the moment

There are many ways to be saved in the Bible, depending on one's situation.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Yes, to me also, they really seem to be the worst we have on earth here (people like Xi, Kim, Putin, Hitler etc)
IF all those were gone THEN paradise on earth might be maybe possible

Sadly, there are many similar folks waiting to step in when these in power meet their demise.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
There are many ways to be saved in the Bible, depending on one's situation.
Thank you, and good to hear that.

It's a long time ago that I read the Bible, and I can't remember that I read in the Bible about many ways to be saved, but I believe you, And it does makes sense too. In Hinduism there are many ways to "be saved", so there should be more ways in the Bible too, I think

stvdv

Sadly, there are many similar folks waiting to step in when these in power meet their demise.
Yes, that is another problem. Has been for millennia, and might continue a few more millennia also. Living in Holland is quite good still, but living in such a country seems horror to me.

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, what I read about what happens in China to religious people is really horrible

I am glad I live in the Netherlands. And China is very high on my "never to go there list"
I think you would find it's nothing like what
you imagine or some find reason to portray.

That discovery alone might be reason to reconside

I found for example that the reality of the USA is very very different than I was expecting.

stvdv

I think you would find it's nothing like what
you imagine or some find reason to portray.

That discovery alone might be reason to reconside

I found for example that the reality of the USA is very very different than I was expecting.
Thank you @Audie

You are right, nowadays the News portrays things differently than the reality, and can't be trusted. I do hope it is not as bad as they portray in the news.

The videos they show about the Muslims and other minority being treated badly, does seem real to me. But you have lived in China for many years, so you know from first hand experience how it really is. And even in Holland there is some bad stuff going on. We have had police being instructed to beat any protester, even if he/she does nothing, severely on the head, till they bleed. "Luckily" it was video taped (by smartphone I think), otherwise I could not have believed, that this was even possible in Holland. It seems to go downhill here quite a bit the past few Corona years

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm sorry you see us in that light.
But there's no such things as pure good or evil here on earth.
CCP like any institution, or Chinese like
any people, it is no where near so simple as you imagine.
I did not mean all chinese people, I only spoke about the leaders in the CCP.