• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you mean one of those who only knows off about 4 % of the Universe and believe in occult agencies of gravity, dark matter and dark energy and other superstitious ideas as for instants Big Bang?
Do you understand the difference between superstition and science?

ecco

Veteran Member
Apparently you can´t recognize the pattern connection and as you have your focus on the zinc only in this miracle of life, you loose the very overall facts and call it woo.

That's a long drag-on sentence. Too bad it is nonsensical gibberish.

Everything you don´t understand is apparently woo - and you use this term very frequently.

Wrong again.
  • I don't understand quantum mechanics. I don't refer to that as woo.
  • I don't understand gravity. I don't refer to that as woo.
  • I don't understand the equations that describe wave functions. I don't refer to them as woo.
What do I consider woo?
  • That the ancients were far more technologically advanced than we are.
  • That bright lights flash when an egg is fertilized.
  • That EM governs everything - especially since it cannot be used to describe the motions of the planets in the solar system.

There's a lot more, but you get the general idea.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
I don't understand gravity. I don't refer to that as woo.
How can you tell if it´s woo or not when you don´t understand it?

In Newton´s own time his scientific colleges accused him for inserting an unexplainable "occult agency" - but may be maybe you don´t take occult forces as woo?

Native

Don't tell me you are preparing an argument from ignorance...
I don´t. Newton´s argument was an occult ignorance from the beginning and the explanation is still ignored.
And I don´t think your GPS can explain Newtons occult ideas too.

ecco

Veteran Member
  • I don't understand quantum mechanics. I don't refer to that as woo.
  • I don't understand gravity. I don't refer to that as woo.
  • I don't understand the equations that describe wave functions. I don't refer to them as woo.
What do I consider woo?
  • That the ancients were far more technologically advanced than we are.
  • That bright lights flash when an egg is fertilized.
  • That EM governs everything - especially since it cannot be used to describe the motions of the planets in the solar system.

How can you tell if it´s woo or not when you don´t understand it?
I didn't think I needed to spell out to you in detail what I do and do not understand about anything.

I don't know what causes gravity. However, I understand the effects of gravity. I know that the formulas for gravity work to explain the motions of the planets in the solar system. I know that almost all scientists in related fields understand the functions and effects of gravity.

The belief that gravity is just air pressure and EM is the governing force - is woo.

In Newton´s own time his scientific colleges accused him for inserting an unexplainable "occult agency" - but may be maybe you don´t take occult forces as woo?

I do indeed take occult forces as woo. Newton had a lot of flakey ideas.
I gave a summary of what I believe is and is not woo. Do you want more detail?

tas8831

When a Egg Cell is Fertilized, the Sperm Cell creates a sudden glow of Light.

Credit to Anton Petrov for this video!

Abstract:
Hello and welcome! My name is Anton and in this video, we will talk about the incredible event that happens when an egg is fertilized.

Follow the other Anton Petrov posted links as well.

My comment:
The good Anton Petrov forgets to go deeper into the phenomenon which creates the very electromagnetic charge and motions in the fertilized egg cell.

When looking at the principles of fertilization, we have an attractive female bio-electromagnetic monopole cell which is charged by a male bipolar bio-electromagnetic expanding cell which initiates the growth and divisions of the fertilized egg cell to become a new life.

This electromagnetic principle takes place all over in micro- and macrocosm. Cosmic clouds can be compared to the egg cell and when this is set in motion by an electromagnetic charge, it initially assembles the gas and dust in a center, and when this assembled and formed mass gains a critical weight, it is centrifugally expelled from the center of growth.

And just like a female have a certain amount of egg cells from birth, the cosmic formation in galaxies also can produce lots of stars and planets.

The electromagnetic formation is certainly an universal principle.
I used to subscribe to his channel. I used to enjoy a lot of his space stuff. But then I noticed he would sneak in some rather silly conspiracy type stuff now and then. Sad.

tas8831

You don´t clarify anything else but your own approach to what happen when the miracle of life takes off.
You just admitted he was right. Unwittingly, of course.
Do you really think I´m that stupid to post a video which I haven´t watched!?
Umm.... Well you did seem to imply that it indicated something other than it actually did, so...
Apparently you can´t recognize the pattern connection and as you have your focus on the zinc only in this miracle of life, you loose the very overall facts and call it woo.
Apparently you think that a release of one kind of ion in exchange for another indicates some sort of religious event. Woo.
Everything you don´t understand is apparently woo - and you use this term very frequently.
I can only imagine the religious ecstasy that you would exude upon learning how nerve impulses occur.

tas8831

Do you mean one of those who only knows off about 4 % of the Universe and believe in occult agencies of gravity, dark matter and dark energy and other superstitious ideas as for instants Big Bang?
So, you admit you are not in the lest a scientist of any sort, but DO admit that you knows even less of the universe and ascribes it all to one of several ancient middle eastern deities for Whom there exists zero actual evidence.
Cool.

Native

I didn't think I needed to spell out to you in detail what I do and do not understand about anything.
As long as you and the consensus crowd in the standing cosmology believe in something which neither you nor anyone else can´t explain, you have to do a lot more spelling.
I don't know what causes gravity. However, I understand the effects of gravity. I know that the formulas for gravity work to explain the motions of the planets in the solar system. I know that almost all scientists in related fields understand the functions and effects of gravity.
As long as a "gravity force" isn´t fully causally explained, every gravity based theory is based on assumptions and all "evidences" are just hindsigt bias.
I gave a summary of what I believe is and is not woo.
Science is not a question of beliefs.

Last edited:

Native

I used to subscribe to his channel. I used to enjoy a lot of his space stuff. But then I noticed he would sneak in some rather silly conspiracy type stuff now and then. Sad.
Such as?

As for the rest of your comments, I just ignore these as you apparently have troubles understanding my philosophical approaches and comparisons.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
As long as a "gravity force" isn´t fully causally explained, every gravity based theory is based on assumptions and all "evidences" are just hindsigt bias.

Being able to model the motions of the planets in the solar system using the laws of gravity is not hindsight bias, it is evidence that the laws are correct.

Being unable to model the motions of the planets in the solar system using your EM theories, is evidence that your EM theories are incorrect.

Science is not a question of beliefs.

True. But believing the evidence from thousands of scientists over hundreds of years is logically and grammatically correct.

be·lief

1. 1.
    an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
    "his belief in the value of hard work"

2. 2.
    trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.
    "I've still got belief in myself"