• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When A Friend Changes

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds like she'd be insufferable.
Me, instead of getting pissed off or going emotionally numb I'll now cry. If I get super anxious instead of feeling like I'm having a heart attack I'll cry. When I get overwhelmed, instead of fuses blowing in my head I cry. Before hormones Peter Jackson's King Kong was the only movie that made me cry. That number has went up by more than a bit, with movies like the Green Mile that now gets a stream of tears from me, or as the 10th Doctor is dying it's like a reservoir getting too full and when he says "I don't want to go" and begins regenerating the levees break.
The worst was when my car died in the Ari-Cal-Nav area, in the desert and heat, stranded far from home, on my own, and unsure about everything. I took everything I had to maintain my composure and not break down in tears over the situation. If I was on my own, I probably would have but I really didn't want others (this was alongside the freeway) to see me like that, lol.

Oh dear, I sound like your before.

I'm not much of a crier...

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I don't generally talk about my HRT plan much because honestly, it's a bit different from the norm. And I'm experiencing some different results. I think my chest is going to be pretty large like the women's in my family when all is said and done, even if that isn't usually the bar you go by. And after getting sick with and recovering from covid and having the brain fog, crying is the least of my worries.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
One thing I find cruelly unfair, guys have nothing comparable to growing boobs. Their balls don't get the growing pains, nor do they painfully learn one day they can't lie flat chested on the floor anymore.

And then there's the social repercussions and responsibilities... I've never heard of a man being asked to wear extra clothing to work because his balls are too showy. Or getting cat calls because he happens to be well developed...

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I like it. Lots of things feel better after a good cry.

Crying to me feels icky, but I've sometimes wondered if I may not be internally, mentally closer to being male than female.

"Hey, you're not really a girl/woman, are you!" was a surprised comment I've receive from men a lot...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And then there's the social repercussions and responsibilities... I've never heard of a man being asked to wear extra clothing to work because his balls are too showy. Or getting cat calls because he happens to be well developed...
I still remember first time I was cat called. I don't know what it did exactly or how or why, but I was very self conscious of my everything for awhile after that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Crying to me feels icky, but I've sometimes wondered if I may not be internally, mentally closer to being male than female.

"Hey, you're not really a girl/woman, are you!" was a surprised comment I've receive from men a lot...
Sounds like my best friend. She doesn't identify as or "feel" male, but "where's my dick?" is something she often says, along with telling guys she's mad at she can pee standing up better than they can, lol.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I still remember first time I was cat called. I don't know what it did exactly or how or why, but I was very self conscious of my everything for awhile after that.

I remember walking through the park on my way home from school as a teen. Some old men said some really nasty, sexual remarks. At this time, my social anxiety was horrible. Even someone saying hello to me would make my heart race.

I'm not sure what got into me that day, but I stopped dead in my tracks and said "do you have any idea how old I am?" They said they didn't care, it didn't matter with the way I carried myself. I told them I wasn't putting up with that mess, walked home, called the cops, and went back to the park to wait. They couldn't prove the comments, but they were all drunk, so off to jail for public intox they went.

Another teen in the park saw the whole thing, but didn't say much. He said how awesome it was; he'd seen all kinds of women come through and deal with those men, and I was the first to stand up to them.

And then he hit on me. :oops:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds like my best friend. She doesn't identify as or "feel" male, but "where's my dick?" is something she often says, along with telling guys she's mad at she can pee standing up better than they can, lol.

When I was a teen, I walked into a room full of my mom's friends and told them I was really her son. My testicles had just gotten too big and were preventing me from walking, and I had to prop them up on my chest in order to be able to walk. (I'm very top heavy, so this made the comments all the worse.)

Luckily, my mom has thick skin.