• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your travel personality?

Booko

Deviled Hen
Your Travel Personality Is: The Adventurer

travel-3.jpg

For you, travel is how you learn about the world. And you like to learn the stuff that's not in guidebooks.
You truly have wanderlust. When you're not traveling, you're dreaming about where you'll go next.
And your travels are truly legendary - they leave you with stories you'll be telling for the rest of your life!

What's Your Travel Personality?

Blogthings - What's Your Travel Personality?

Buttercup

Veteran Member

travel-3.jpg

For you, travel is how you learn about the world. And you like to learn the stuff that's not in guidebooks.
You truly have wanderlust. When you're not traveling, you're dreaming about where you'll go next.
And your travels are truly legendary - they leave you with stories you'll be telling for the rest of your life!

What's Your Travel Personality?

Blogthings - What's Your Travel Personality?

Aqualung

Tasty
My travel personality is non existant. I hate travelling. Hate it.

But, this is what I got:

Easygoing:
When you travel, you're looking for a lot of downtime. Vacations are your chance to recoup.
All you need is a scenic spot and plenty of time on your hands. You'll figure out the rest.
You're not one to make lots of plans when you travel. You just follow whatever path seems right.

Aqualung

Tasty
It's just not worth the effort. It's costly, uncomfortable (both the actual getting there and then the being someplace I've never been before), annoying, tiresome, and with very little payoff.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
It's just not worth the effort. It's costly, uncomfortable (both the actual getting there and then the being someplace I've never been before)
I can understand that portion of your response to a degree. Generally when we go anywhere it takes the entire day (even flying) to get where you're going and usually there's mega hassles of some sort or another. Plus, being stuck on a plane is kind of claustrophobic at times.

But, usually the best part of travel is once you reach your destination (if you're flying). You don't find it exciting to be someplace new? To travel somewhere drenched in history or beauty? To eat foods you've never tasted and talk to people of an entirely different culture? Or, to relax on a pristine beach with no one else around?

Don't give up on traveling yet! :no:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Your Travel Personality Is: Easygoing
travel-4.jpg

When you travel, you're looking for a lot of downtime. Vacations are your chance to recoup.
All you need is a scenic spot and plenty of time on your hands. You'll figure out the rest.
You're not one to make lots of plans when you travel. You just follow whatever path seems right.

Then again, I live on an island in pacific northwest paradise, so I don't feel a need to escape, lol.

Aqualung

Tasty
But, usually the best part of travel is once you reach your destination (if you're flying). You don't find it exciting to be someplace new? To travel somewhere drenched in history or beauty? To eat foods you've never tasted and talk to people of an entirely different culture? Or, to relax on a pristine beach with no one else around?
Not really, no. I can look at pictures, and when I do I find that the area isn't nearly worth going to. It's beautiful enough here, and I don't really find the prospect of being "drenched" in history all that enticing (or possible). As for new foods, I don't like those, either.

Anywhere I'd want to go I'd want to live there, not just travel there occaisionally. I'd love to live on a pristine beach with nobody around, but if I can't live there there's no sense in going there just for fun.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Your Travel Personality Is: The Bonder
travel-1.jpg

For you, travel is less about where you're going - but who you're going with.
It's no fun to experience an amazing city or a beautiful beach without your friends.
In fact, it doesn't really matter where you go... because you and your friends always figure out how to have fun!

only 5 questions :p

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Anywhere I'd want to go I'd want to live there, not just travel there occaisionally. I'd love to live on a pristine beach with nobody around, but if I can't live there there's no sense in going there just for fun.
I'd like to humbly suggest that you should allow more experiences to touch your psyche, even if they are just temporary.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I got Easygoing.

Tell me is it just youthful optimism that makes me want to see everything and do everything? I mean I want to travel to every continent just to see it in person.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Your Travel Personality Is: Easygoing

You're not one to make lots of plans when you travel. You just follow whatever path seems right

At least I get a chick on a beach I probably wouldn't care to go to!

Last edited by a moderator:

Booko

Deviled Hen
I got Easygoing.

Tell me is it just youthful optimism that makes me want to see everything and do everything? I mean I want to travel to every continent just to see it in person.

Heck no, youthful enthusiasm has nothing to do with it. I know 70 year olds with the same goals, and they're always off somewhere new and different. Sometimes they go there not just for a trip, but for an extended trip or to live for a while.

In the last few years acquaintances of mine have moved to China, El Salvador, Honduras, Australia, India, Botswana. Mere visits make a much longer list.

When I'm physically able to travel again, we're contemplating Spain, Ireland, or raiding Mila in Bosnia. :D

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Heck no, youthful enthusiasm has nothing to do with it. I know 70 year olds with the same goals, and they're always off somewhere new and different. Sometimes they go there not just for a trip, but for an extended trip or to live for a while.

In the last few years acquaintances of mine have moved to China, El Salvador, Honduras, Australia, India, Botswana. Mere visits make a much longer list.

When I'm physically able to travel again, we're contemplating Spain, Ireland, or raiding Mila in Bosnia. :D

Oh good that means when I can afford it I will hopefully still want to and be able to do it.
Oh and Ireland is lovely, I sailed over there from Scotland a couple of years ago(two days to get there four hours to get back).

Smoke

Done here.

travel-3.jpg

That was my result, too. And it's entirely accurate!