• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your sign?

Rakhel

Apparently, due the the sift of the Earth's axis(or some such s*** like that) those in charge of the zodiac have decided that there was a need to adjust our star signs to align them with the constellations.
So here is the old zodiac wheel with the dates:
zodiac_signs.jpg

Here is the new zodiac wheel:
new_zodiac.jpg

So what was your sign? has it changed? and, most importantly, do you care?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Apparently, due the the sift of the Earth's axis(or some such s*** like that) those in charge of the zodiac have decided that there was a need to adjust our star signs to align them with the constellations.
"in charge of the zodiac"?
What does that even mean?
and what the hell happens if they call in sick?

new_zodiac.jpg

So I go from a sagitarian to scorpion completely bypassing ophiuchus?
Bet that is playing havoc on the horoscopes....

Rakhel

And did you notice that Scorpio only has 6 days in it? While is, like, a month and a half?

My husband went from being a Sag to being an Oph. LOL I just saw that. An Oph.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
And did you notice that Scorpio only has 6 days in it? While is, like, a month and a half?

My husband went from being a Sag to being an Oph. LOL I just saw that. An Oph.
At great risk of exposing my ignorance....:yes:

It seems to me that in order to determine what signs is supposed to go where, one would need to pick a specific point on the planet.
Is this at all an accurate assumption?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
And when does this new chart go into effect?
I mean, am I still a Sagitarian until like my birthday or was I always a Scorpio trapped in an error of cosmic proportions?

Rakhel

At great risk of exposing my ignorance....:yes:

It seems to me that in order to determine what signs is supposed to go where, one would need to pick a specific point on the planet.
Is this at all an accurate assumption?
I have no idea how they determine what they determine or if they actually know what they are doing.
I can locate constellations but I don't understand what they have to do with the alignment of the sun or the stars or the planets, and what all this has to do with your everyday life.

I like looking at the horoscopes in the morning news and laughing at how so far off base it is for me. If it works for someone else, great. But I find them as funny as the funnies.

Rakhel

And when does this new chart go into effect?
I mean, am I still a Sagitarian until like my birthday or was I always a Scorpio trapped in an error of cosmic proportions?
I think that depends on whether you are looking at the babylonian(new) zodiac signs or the Greek(old) zodiac signs.

Come to think of it. the Babylonian zodiac was first, so it would be the old one, and the Greek zodiac would be the new one. So I guess we had a rebirth?

FluentYank3825

Ironic Idealist
My sign is a sign that says "I'm stupid." :D (gotta love Bill Engvall) In actuality, according to the chart I moved from being a Taurus to being a Aries. Do not know what that means for my future though.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Do not know what that means for my future though.
um...
Now, mind you, this is nothing more than a guess,
A wild stab in the dark...

You have graduated from being bull headed to being air headed?
though I wonder if perhaps evolved would be a better word than graduated?

So much thinking, so little sleep..

FluentYank3825

Ironic Idealist
um...
Now, mind you, this is nothing more than a guess,
A wild stab in the dark...

You have graduated from being bull headed to being air headed?
though I wonder if perhaps evolved would be a better word than graduated?

So much thinking, so little sleep..

Good question, but I don't think so. At least it's different from the change from playing horsey to getting stung (Nice to know that I'm not the only one who likes to use facetiousness and puns in their postings.) :p

atanu

Premium Member
So here is the old zodiac wheel with the dates:

namaste

It depends on what is used as the fixed reference. Western astrology uses Vernal equinox and Vedic astrology uses a fixed star as point of reference. I think this is the fundamental difference in all areas of thought process also -- western philosophers attending to ever changing mind and eastern to the fixed consciousness.

Vedic system has always used the fixed star positions. The following may help.

Sayana And Nirayana Chakra:Understanding Ayanamsha by Deborah Allison

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Sorry, but I just have to interject this at this point:

[youtube]gT_9OUvmb5I[/youtube]
YouTube - the floaters - float on

You MUST watch this! Consider it my gift to you on this fine day.

Aquarius - and my name is Kathryn. Now I like a man with poise and class, but most of all, I like a man who can rock a powder blue tuxedo. If you feel like I do...MMmmmmmmm, take my hand and let me take you to love la-a-a-a-a--a-and...

Last edited: