• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Your Reason for Believing God Exists?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Who created everything??? GODS did.

Who created GODS?

This is just silly. We don't know why things exist and are the way they are. Making up a god or gods, or even GODS, doesn't actually change that, it just moves the question around a bit. God(s) explain nothing - except in a simplistic 'just so' story kind of way.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The soul is a proof of God's existence but atheist deny the existence of a soul precisely because it proves God.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Who created GODS?

This is just silly. We don't know why things exist and are the way they are. Making up a god or gods, or even GODS, doesn't actually change that, it just moves the question around a bit. God(s) explain nothing - except in a simplistic 'just so' story kind of way.
Believing in a God is a belief, a believer do not know everything about God, itctake years of deep study to realize the truth of God and a lot of faith.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What can be more clear than our own existence which we witness, yet to an atheist, that to has to be obscure, unknown, and subject to doubt. If we see what and who we are, we know God exists through that.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Non sequitur and baseless assertion. Why would a soul prove any god(s)? What reason is there to think a souls exist? And you really should stop pretending that you know how atheists think...

If a soul exists, it would be clear what it is. A soul proves God exists because it's light is from him and is beyond the physical senses. And it's obvious we have one because we witness ourselves.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why wouldn't we able to witness ourselves if souls exist?

I'm not begging the question -If a soul is wanting to be intellectual superior to believers that believe in the hidden world beyond five senses, it can deny it's own existence, it's own nature, which is what atheists are doing.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yet another baseless assertion. It is very, very far from clear. I see no evidence whatsoever that souls exist.

The baseless assertion is that if even if God exists and souls exists, we would not be able to know or see what either are. This is the baseless assertion by atheists that needs not be payed attention to and just dismissed.

ratiocinator

Why wouldn't we able to witness ourselves if souls exist?

I don't know. But there is still zero evidence that souls exist. I do not witness any souls.

I'm not begging the question -If a soul is wanting to be intellectual superior to believers that believe in the hidden world beyond five senses, it can deny it's own existence, it's own nature, which is what atheists are doing.

You were begging the question and now you've done it again. You're assuming your conclusion (that souls exist) otherwise an atheist (or any non-believer in souls) wouldn't be denying their own nature.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know. But there is still zero evidence that souls exist. I do not witness any souls.

You were begging the question and now you've done it again. You're assuming your conclusion (that souls exist) otherwise an atheist (or any non-believer in souls) wouldn't be denying their own nature.

You claim you don't witness, this maybe due to your disbelief and hate towards seeing the truth. I claim I witness my soul and God existing. Which claim is true, everyone has to decide that for themselves or is your claim automatically superior?

ratiocinator

The baseless assertion is that if even if God exists and souls exists, we would not be able to know or see what either are.

I haven't made that assertion. I have no idea whether souls would be obvious if god and souls existed. All I know is that souls are very far from obvious.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I haven't made that assertion. I have no idea whether souls would be obvious if god and souls existed. All I know is that souls are very far from obvious.

You don't know it's far from obvious, you take your doubt as reason for everyone else to doubt. But to others, it's obvious they claim it's obvious they have a soul, God exists, spiritual world exists.

So you to is soul is not clear while to a believer a soul is clear as they witness themselves and signs within.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm not making an argument for an atheist through this. I am saying a believer who witness their own soul and believes in it, has no reason to doubt God and souls. Atheists doubting is a claim, for all we know, they see what we see, but don't believe.

ratiocinator

You claim you don't witness, this maybe due to your disbelief and hate towards seeing the truth. I claim I witness my soul and God existing. Which claim is true, everyone has to decide that for themselves or is your claim automatically superior?

Mine isn't really a claim. I'm not saying that I know that I don't have a soul, just that there is no reason I can see (or that you've supplied) to think that I do. Same with god(s). And I don't hate seeing the truth - maybe you do....?

Burden of proof (philosophy) - Wikipedia