• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your path and why did you choose it

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I kinda wandered off. Or got lost chasing ferrets, depends on your perspective. However, I went from eco-feminist Dianism to general eclectic neopaganism before I developed into whatever the hell you want to call me now.

I still post in the DIR because the roots go deep, and the real neopagans said they were cool with it.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
My Path is my own. I do not label it much beyond that, but "Green Witch" suits. I'm basically a religious naturalist who also plays in the otherworlds. I didn't choose this Path; it's an inevitable walk given of my life's experiences. I'm a career scientist in the natural sciences (though I'm still trying to get a permanent full-time job in my ideal field) and I'm also an artist, writer, and mystic.

I honor primarily what folks sometimes call "nature spirits" instead of anthropomorphized gods established in older Pagan traditions. To me the Spirits are the same as gods, and I use "Spirit" and "god" synonymously, and "Spirit" means the essence of some particular aspect of reality (it includes the physical!). Local Spirits are my focus since they are relevant to my day-to-day experiences of reality.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure it's that I don't know what to call myself, it's that labels within this community are complicated and I don't want to deal with it. >_<

Honestly, Druid (technically Neo) is probably the best fit, but what people think when I say that term isn't necessarily what I want that to evoke. Unless I formally join a modern Druid organization, I lean towards staying away from that label.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think there are any Druids here that are members of any of the modern organizations. If there are, they've been hiding from me. *laughs*

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Haha chaote who borrows heaveily from neo.paganism . With a flare for animism.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Quint i wouldnt mind restudying (neo)Druidism with you an re adding it to my practice.

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
I know a pretty cool OBOD Druid who has been involved at least 15-20 years. But if I wanted to be a Druid it'd be ADF all the way. They have some really cool experimental magicians in their ranks.

I am a witch because teachers of those paths and I drew ourselves to each other. And because I knew I was from before I can form memory.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Not being able to pick which Druid organization to join is one of my holdups. Both OBOD and ADF look fantastic, and there are some newer ones that look good also. *laughs*

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Right now I'm so busy reworking my BoS that I won't be getting to that study for a while. There is a book I've been working through on and off in between time, but I'm not putting in a disciplined study at the moment. >_> Not in that area, at least.

And now back to Skyrim - which shall proceed to consume my life for the next month since I made the mistake of starting to play it again...

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
i should make a post on druids. id like to know more about them.

I'd follow that discussion. They've come up quite a bit recently in discussions I've been part of. On one occasion, someone told me I sound like one when I explain my belief system.

-sm

Freedomelf

I chose the Way of the Calyr. The beliefs of the Calyr are in their own thread in the new religions category on this forum, as well as in both books, Way of the Calyr, vol 1 and 2. What I always hated about most religions is that they always seem to say that they have "the answer" and everyone else has wrong answers. This simply isn't true. Every single person on Earth has their own unique path to follow, and no one religion (including mine) has all the answers wrapped up in a neat little package. People are meant to study as many faiths as possible, so that they can find their own true path. Calyr believe that if someone is meant to be in a different religion, it is wrong to convert them to Calyr. I like the freedom of that view, and I love the fact that they are so accepting of all faiths, all colors, all genders, all people who strive for good, no matter what they believe (or even what they don't believe, such as atheists.) Just my own view; there are many other worthy religions here. Seek your own path without coercion, and you will be happy whatever you ultimately choose. :)

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
My Path is my own. I do not label it much beyond that, but "Green Witch" suits. I'm basically a religious naturalist who also plays in the otherworlds. I didn't choose this Path; it's an inevitable walk given of my life's experiences. I'm a career scientist in the natural sciences (though I'm still trying to get a permanent full-time job in my ideal field) and I'm also an artist, writer, and mystic.

I honor primarily what folks sometimes call "nature spirits" instead of anthropomorphized gods established in older Pagan traditions. To me the Spirits are the same as gods, and I use "Spirit" and "god" synonymously, and "Spirit" means the essence of some particular aspect of reality (it includes the physical!). Local Spirits are my focus since they are relevant to my day-to-day experiences of reality.

Hi, Q. I've read some of your posts before, but haven't really gotten a good sense of your belief structure. Not that the label really matters, but do you consider yourself to be an animist? I've not found many who fit that description, which is where I tend to classify myself. All is or has spirit, but spirits are spirits, and frankly, I'm not sure names/labels matter that much to most of them.;)

Straw Dog

i'm still searching but i have a feeling ill always be eclectic. i feel any path can offer something to learn from

I believe that every individual follows their own unique path throughout life. I don't view it as a linear progression so much as a winding, wild ride with ups and downs, twists and turns. Even for those of us who adopt a specific label and conceptual language, the actual implementation of that "common path" will still end up being quite original and eclectic. I would say to embrace your originality rather than seek to conform to some abstract "one size fits all" mentality. You see, "choice" itself is what determines the path as you go along it. Another way to view your question would be, "What choices have you made which have contributed to the creation of your specific path?"

Nayana

Currently I am a Hindu but also follow paganism. I would like to eventually specify what sort of paganism I follow as I gain more knowledge and see which gods and goddesses I have an affinity with but for now I follow it in a general sense, trying to attain as much knowledge as possible. Where Hinduism is concerned i mainly follow Radha Krishna. I grew up in a fairly strict Hare Krishna Family. I eventually have distanced myself from their way of thinking but I still maintain some strong beliefs. From an early age I was interested in mysticism and the occult. I remember from an early age my mother would read the tarot and palms, my sisters were also interested but never to the extent that I was. At around 9-10 years old I was reading as much literature both in books and on the Internet about paganism/wicca/shamanism/spirituality/divination etc as possible. Almost all my drawing from early childhood were influenced by my research. Eventually I was given a large collection of Pagan books by my cousin as well as all her Witchcraft magazines. At 14 my friend introduced me to a Shaman lady who held drumming circles nearby and we worked a lot with reconnecting to the spirits of the earth and exploring ourselves. I had a lot of amazing experiences through that although I no longer drum, it is still very much a part of my consciousness and my beliefs. I guess I see all the different gods and energies I connect with as being manifestations of the divine, that god resides within everything.