• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your level of formal education?

The most formal education I have is...

• A high school diploma

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Some college but didn't finish

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • An associates/technical degree

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • A bachelor's degree (B.S., B.A.)

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • An advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D., M.D., etc.)

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know, I'm just curious about this.

For comparison, in the United States the levels of educational attainment are roughly (per 2015 analysis of the census):

• 88% are high school graduates
  • 59% have some college
  • 42% have an associates
  • 32% have a bachelor's
  • 12% have an advanced degree
There are no significant differences by sex assigned at birth, though there are significant differences by race unfortunately. Data from (PDF file): https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2016/demo/p20-578.pdf

How do we stack up?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I wonder what education level people with political leans have in relation to their social views. I’m curious if there is any new updated studies.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Sixth form and vocational college.

I have a diploma in helping teaching and learning in schools.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

For comparison, in the United States the levels of educational attainment are roughly (per 2015 analysis of the census):

• 59% have some college
  • 42% have an associates
  • 32% have a bachelor's
There are no significant differences by sex assigned at birth, though there are significant differences by race unfortunately. Data from (PDF file): https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2016/demo/p20-578.pdf

How do we stack up?
Masters Degree in Math but I've read a lot and have the working memory IQ of 149/a genius. My creativity is very very high and I don't know why they don't measure it and I am cerebral. I have also read nearly 1000 books and read a lot on the Internet.

Last edited:
B.S.E. in Mechanical Engineering and B.S. in Maths from Duke University (USA)
MSc in Biomedical Engineering from Nanyang Technical University (Singapore)
Professional Certificate in Machine Learning from MIT

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

• 59% have some college
  • 42% have an associates
  • 32% have a bachelor's

How do we stack up?

it should be pointed out that these figures are *cumulative* scores while the poll breaks things down by highest achievement. That changes the 'look' if not the content of the stats.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

• 59% have some college
  • 42% have an associates
  • 32% have a bachelor's

How do we stack up?
I'm surprised you included an MS as an "advanced degree".
Everybody has one of those.

Last edited:

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
I didn't finish high school.

Neither did I. In fact I dropped out of high school twice. I dropped out, then they put me in an alternative high school and I dropped out of that. When I became an adult and was living on my own, I went on to get my GED, then I took my college placement tests, enrolled in college and did very well academically. For some of us, high school is just not challenging enough. If you tried you might find college more to your fit. I majored in mathematics (statistics option), in high school I failed pre-algebra three times. In high school they told me I had a learning disability, in college they gave me recognition and scholarships for my excellent performance.

Intelligence is more about determination, perseverance and hard work than anything else.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Parenthetical aside....
I have a recurring dream about being in college, falling behind in
work, & having an epiphany that it's better to quit than persevere.
Starts out as a nightmare, but morphs into a dream.