• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what's your favourite...

Lady Crimson

credo quia absurdum
...greek god?

I would have to say my favourite is Artemis, the godess of the hunt and forests. I also like Athena, the godess of wisodm, and my favourite male god would have to be Prometheus cause he gave fire to the mortals.

:jiggy: i'm on fire :jiggy:

Fluffy

A fool
I'd have to go with Artemis. She managed to survive one of Euripide's plays without seeming like a total b**** which is pretty damn impressive.#

My favourite male god is Atlas simply because I think his position is beautifully symbolic and heroic.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
-Goddess Eirene, The goddess of peace, Daughter of Zeus (the God of justice and freedom), who is also a favourite of mine.:)

Lady Crimson

credo quia absurdum
I actually don't like Zeus at all! Cheating on his wife like that and eating his children and so on and so on.

dreena

mine is Hera becuase she gets a bad wrap! She is a cold b**** when she wants to be ! she is tough and she is the goddess of marriage! lol

M

Majikthise

Ares, God of War. Also my astrological sign.
Kickin' arse and takin' names!!:verymad:

Ceridwen018

I also like Artemis. Aphrodite is a classic, of course too though.

Ares seems like a big meanie-pants to me. I'm not sure who my favorite Greek god is, but Hermes seems like a pretty cool dude, and what woman can deny Apollo?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
My cats are all descendants of Diana: the goddess of the hunt.

I also like hermes... the winged feet rock!

But, I think that Michel's favorite is a GREAT choice! I was not familiar with Eirene until now.

Lady Crimson

credo quia absurdum
Ares likes arranging flowers?! Well, I've heard it all now :bonk:

Yes, Eirene seems like a very interesting godess...I too did not hear of her before.

Finnyhaha

Uhhh.. as far as I know Zeus never ate his children. . . I think that was Cronus, although if I'm wrong, let me know.

As for me, I'd have to say Pan and Hermes are pretty cool, especially Pan, he's the man. As for goddesses, or semi-goddesses anyway, I like the Charities/Graces and the Horai, especially Eirene. Eos is awesome too.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Neither was I, NetDoc! (And, as I'm looking for a patron (and trying to hear those who are calling to me) she sounds like she deserves some major research.)

I like that Artemis manages to combine being a maiden (in the sense that she is not married) with also having tremendous power.

The one I invariably seem to get compared to (and, because of this, have learned to love) is Persephone (or Kore). She is empathic and open to helping people explore the Mysteries of life.

Lady Crimson

credo quia absurdum
Zeus did eat his children (I remember he ate Athena, Aphrodite and someone else) but when his children grew in his head, Athena got smarter and cracked open her father's head and got out along with her brothers and sisters. Zeus was affraid his children would betray him just like he betrayed Cronos. that's why he ate them.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I like Cerebus... ok, ok not a god but he was pretty cool :D

Athena would have to be my favorite of the actual dieties.

wa:do

Kullervo

Zeus did eat his children (I remember he ate Athena, Aphrodite and someone else) but when his children grew in his head, Athena got smarter and cracked open her father's head and got out along with her brothers and sisters. Zeus was affraid his children would betray him just like he betrayed Cronos. that's why he ate them.

Uh, not in any source I know.

Zeus ate his wife Metis , the goddess of wisdom who was pregnant with Athena because he was afraid she would be greater than him and overthrow him, Athena was born out of zeus's head when hephaestus smacked him upside it with an axe.

hindupridemn

Defender of the Truth
Aphrodite was Uranus and Gaia's daughter, not Zeus's. She is older than Zeus. My favorite would be Dionysus but I don't know why.