• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your favorite kind of flower?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I like Tulips. :D We have some very pretty tulips. Maybe I'll take a pic-cha later. Not now though. It has been raining, and they are all closed up right now. April showers bring may flowers. The flowers are already here, but perhaps all of these April showers will bring more flowers in may? I didn't capitalize "may" it wasn't deliberate. I've got an Iris. It's a Dutch Iris. I'm growing it, but it hasn't done much in a while. It isn't big enough to flower yet either. I also have two green irises in my eye balls. I think I like tulips the best.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I'm thinking in terms of what you like to see in your own garden. I love bearded iris!
I adore any type of iris but they don't stick around long enough unfortunately....only two to three weeks.

I love clematis and rhododendrons too but have to say English roses are probably my favorite. They bloom all summer up until frost.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I adore any type of iris but they don't stick around long enough unfortunately....only two to three weeks.
I know, and that sucks big time!

I've also got an absolutely gorgeous, enormous hibiscus in my yard (well, obviously not blooming, or even showing any signs of life at this time).

I forgot... I also love crocus. When I see the first crocus in the spring, I just go nuts.

Rakhel

I like Tulips. :D We have some very pretty tulips. Maybe I'll take a pic-cha later. Not now though. It has been raining, and they are all closed up right now. April showers bring may flowers. The flowers are already here, but perhaps all of these April showers will bring more flowers in may? I didn't capitalize "may" it wasn't deliberate. I've got an Iris. It's a Dutch Iris. I'm growing it, but it hasn't done much in a while. It isn't big enough to flower yet either. I also have two green irises in my eye balls. I think I like tulips the best.
MY LONG LOST TWIN SISTER!!!:hugehug:I too love tulips. mother's day, anniversary..give a tulip.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Delphiniums are gorgeous too. I mean, is there such a thing as an ugly flower? :)

v1.jpg

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Oh, they're gorgeous! I wonder if they would grow well in Utah. I like flowers that are just jam packed with color, like those.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Oh, they're gorgeous! I wonder if they would grow well in Utah. I like flowers that are just jam packed with color, like those.
I'm pretty sure they can be grown in Zones 3 and above and Utah is mostly 5 - 6 I believe. They're fairly easy to grow and come in a multitude of pastels and vibrant purples and blues.

Lisianthus are one of my favorite cut flowers but I haven't been too successful growing them yet. I'm going to keep trying.

lisianthus.jpg

lisianthus_2720.jpg

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'm pretty sure they can be grown in Zones 3 and above and Utah is mostly 5 - 6 I believe. They're fairly easy to grow and come in a multitude of pastels and vibrant purples and blues.

Lisianthus are one of my favorite cut flowers but I haven't been too successful growing them yet. I'm going to keep trying.
Now just tell me they're perennials, please.

lunamoth

Will to love
Trillium, although I won't be able to grow it in my garden in Colorado. Even in NY it grows wild in the woods in early Spring.

trillium.jpg

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
That makes sense that they like Oregon, cool moist woodsy area.
Well so much for trying to grow them here in the desert then. If it weren't for all the rain, I would just love to live in Oregon. There is absolutely no where on earth like the Oregon coast, IMO. I guess that's 'cause of the rain, though, huh?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
There is absolutely no where on earth like the Oregon coast, IMO. I guess that's 'cause of the rain, though, huh?
There is absolutely no place like Oregon from late June all the way through September. Really. It's beautiful without being humid and the sunny days are without end. Rick and I have it figured out to leave the state from after Christmas until it's time to start our garden in May. We're trying to work that out. :D

lunamoth

Will to love
Well so much for trying to grow them here in the desert then. If it weren't for all the rain, I would just love to live in Oregon. There is absolutely no where on earth like the Oregon coast, IMO. I guess that's 'cause of the rain, though, huh?

Yup, the rain is great for gardens. I really struggle trying to garden here in the high plains desert. Annuals, forget it, and if it's not the dryness the deer munch down everything else. I planted about 200 bulbs in the fall and the deer have so far eaten every sprout before it bloomed. :(

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm thinking in terms of what you like to see in your own garden. I love bearded iris!
Well, it's more my wife's garden than mine. Plants hate me. Flowers would rather die than be handled by me. I stick to mowing the lawn.

That being said, I really like our hollyhocks. Ours get huge (probably 8 feet tall or more - well over my head) and aren't too common around here, so they look really distinctive when they're in full bloom.

These aren't ours, but they look kinda similar. Just imagine taller with more flowers:

hollyhocks.jpg