• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your favorite comfort food?

Atheist_Dave

*Foxy Lady*
Good english rice pudding, the one my mum makes, the creamy steamy gooey riceyness, mmmmm. When its cold outside its the only food that makes me warm and full. Add some jam and its heaven on earth :):):)

Nehustan

chunky_monkey.gif

The king of flavours imo...

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
YmirGF said:
There can be only one.

I am a total freak for Peanut Butter (100% natural ONLY) on toast. Top this off with a few slices of cucumber or banana. Food of the gods, I tell ya, especially the cucumber.

Odd TRUE note: My mother had this specific craving while she was pregnant with me. I guess it filtered through into my genetic makeup. LOL. Add a cup of hot chocolate and I may as well have died and gone to heaven.
You know...I often wonder...

I craved nothing but pizza with my youngest daughter and at 15 months...she LOVES pizza. I've never seen a baby eat pizza like she can.

I was very sick with my oldest daughter and all I could really handle was dairy. Lo and behold, Em is a cheese addict.

Makes me wonder...

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Aqualung said:
I don't really know. :eek: I've never really known what my comfort foods are. I may not have any. Maybe burritos, though. American burritos, with refried beans, cheese, and lettuce, and nothing else. Mmmm, Mmmm, good. :D
mexican food sucks north of texas *smiles*
My comfort foods vary.... if only it was salads all the time! I have truly messed up cravings for the most random stuff... maybe i'm pregnant 0.o!

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Coffee. There's actually nothing better than a proper 12oz flat white with no sugar... and don't spare the caffeine.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
dawny0826 said:
You know...I often wonder...

I craved nothing but pizza with my youngest daughter and at 15 months...she LOVES pizza. I've never seen a baby eat pizza like she can.

I was very sick with my oldest daughter and all I could really handle was dairy. Lo and behold, Em is a cheese addict.

Makes me wonder...
My mom ate almost nothing but BLT sandwiches when she was pregnant with me because that's all they could afford. Yep, I love BLTs. Connected? I don't know, but it's interesting.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Maize said:
My mom ate almost nothing but BLT sandwiches when she was pregnant with me because that's all they could afford. Yep, I love BLTs. Connected? I don't know, but it's interesting.

I am sure it is connected.;)

I have got into a dreadful habit of eating dry Alpen (well, any type of muesli) .............it really fills you up. Just wait until you drink, afterwards. It is a comfort eat, but I have still to work out what I am comforting myself from.:bonk:

kateyes

Well I am 1 of those that finds pretty much ANY food is comfort food--but when things are really bad--for stress, or being depressed--nothing beats mac and cheese--preferably home-made backed with that wonderful gooey crust--but the box stuff will always do as well.

kevmicsmi

Marijuana cheese cake?

No actually a steaming hot bowl of home made green chili served with tortillas warmed with melted jack and cheddar cheese on the inside.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Chinese but can't have that anymore. Gotta make my own bland chinese meals.

Maybe if I am good, I can have chinese ones a month :jiggy:

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Pizza. The meat kind........with mushrooms.
And Cheeseburgers with fries. Or onion rings.........or both. And then a diet coke.
In L.A. we've got a place called Fatburger. Best Cheeseburger I ever had. Way better than In-and-Out

A

angellous_evangellous

Maize said:
When you're not feeling well or it's just cold and yucky outside, what food do you start craving?

Beer: the great American comfort food.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
ROFL... Netdoc your a dolphin in disguise.

Mmmmmnnnn maybe casserole lambchops... or Hell's Pizza (it's a brandname, I'm not doing a Constantine on ya)

Their phone number? 0800 666 911 (well 111 actually but noone'd get that).

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
ChrisP said:
ROFL... Netdoc your a dolphin in disguise.

Mmmmmnnnn maybe casserole lambchops... or Hell's Pizza (it's a brandname, I'm not doing a Constantine on ya)

Their phone number? 0800 666 911 (well 111 actually but noone'd get that).
.... *points and laughs* FATTY!

1nharmony

A Coco-Nut
Maize said:
When you're not feeling well or it's just cold and yucky outside, what food do you start craving?

"not feeling well" brings on a craving for garlic buttered toast (heavy on the garlic!) and lots of lemon tea with honey.

"just cold and yucky" calls for Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven with a glass of cold milk (the good stuff, not fat-free).

YUM-YUM! :jiggy: