• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Azrael Antilla

"for myself it’s been all good since brexit and even covid,adapt improvise and overcome,served me well."

Conversely I think your assesment is a joke.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
France has no reason or incentive to help the UK minimise it's intake of immigrants. It's laughable that British people might expect France to stop immigrant crossings. You can jog on Ros boef... X

That’s fine then,if they are comfortable of putting lives at risk in little boats on a treaturous crossing but hey that’s France for you.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
[QUOTE="England my lionheart, post: 7425577, member: 14154]
I think the rest of your post though is wrong,for myself it’s been all good since brexit and even covid,adapt improvise and overcome,served me well.
Conversely I think your assesment is a joke.[/QUOTE]

I’m trying to care what you think but I really don’t .

Altfish

Veteran Member
The disunited opposition to brexit was led by the inept and mindless David Cameron. So I agree. About were. As for these days. It's too late to oppose brexit. Brexit has unfortunately, happened. To the detriment of everyone. Let's see how long the UK exists for. Let's see parochial little England survive in isolation. Going forward. Scottish independence and Irish reunification. I am fully behind both.
Also, the likes of Farage and the ERG had been campaigning for Brexit for 20-years, so had the Sun, Express, Mail, etc. - so they were up and running. There was no equivalent Remain campaign until 6-months before and it was tepid.

Altfish

Veteran Member
France do nothing to stop them,no intention of doing so,these poor people have nowhere to go but you know the new game in town is called “pushback”,illegal immigrants are sadly all over Europe,thanks mrs mopp,no worries it won’t be long before she’s on the unelected commission.
It is not France's fault, when we were in the EU we could send them back to France - not any longer.

Typical Brexiteer ... blame someone else.

Azrael Antilla

Remind me, when did I vote for Lord Frost?
It's not like Brits didn't have their own representative on the EU commission. Every member state does. Besides although the commission is a source of EU legislation, the EU parliament passes those directives and regulations. A democratic legislative assembly.

Azrael Antilla

It is not France's fault, when we were in the EU we could send them back to France - not any longer.

It's not like the UK takes in many asylum seekers anyway, comparative to other comparable nations. Quite low on the table. It's the shrill gammon screeching that the right wing rags and vocal racists like Farage tout. That gives the impression the UK is being inundated with the dispossessed and the desperate.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Merkel started the ball rolling,just saying and now the eu are funding “pushback” where border security can use heavy handed violence to force migrants back.