• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Flankerl

So when will the UK leave the Council of Europe which it co-founded in 1949, in London of all places?

Which other countries aren't in it... oh right Belarus and the Vatican (though the latter is irrelevant).
Who wants to see Alexander and Boris chilling on the porch of a dacha?

takingbackcontrolozkfw.jpg

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Poorly cat needs a blood test, which is carried out in Germany. Quick turnaround because of urgency. Oh hang on "Delayed." Vet said that's never happened before. Now a phone call from vets asking us to take poorly cat back for another swab. Original sample lost in transit. Never happened before brex****. So another big thanks to all the morons.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
French au pair agencies are organising no placements in the UK this year as there is no longer any recognised status for au pairs post full-Brexit

ChristineM

Premium Member
90-day rule; how are you fixed? I don't mean for au pairs, I mean living in France?

No problem, france introduced a special permission to reside card to brits living in France.

We got our carte de sejours first day they started issuing them, among the first issued. Literally first in the queue at the Perigord office.

We applied 18 months before when the website opened and before it went down because it couldn't handle the requests.

Altfish

Veteran Member
No problem, france introduced a special permission to reside card to brits living in France.

We got our carte de sejours first day they started issuing them, among the first issued. Literally first in the queue at the Perigord office.

We applied 18 months before when the website opened and before it went down because it couldn't handle the requests.
Must admit, I'd have been surprised if you weren't sorted.

RestlessSoul

Is that a question or an understatement?

In all seriousness, I have never known Britain so divided. And a house divided against itself cannot stand.

I think Brexit is a tragedy. Especially as one of the themes of classical tragedy is that the protagonists downfall is generally self inflicted.

But I did recently resolve to withdraw from political debate online. Seems I may have relapsed again...

ChristineM

Premium Member
In all seriousness, I have never known Britain so divided. And a house divided against itself cannot stand.

I think Brexit is a tragedy. Especially as one of the themes of classical tragedy is that the protagonists downfall is generally self inflicted.

But I did recently resolve to withdraw from political debate online. Seems I may have relapsed again...

I agree.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Yes, spot on.
I am ashamed to be English, I no longer recognise this country.- the racists have been empowered.