• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think Biden said Boris was a Trump-clone, but hopefully they'll get over that. I suspect the Northern Ireland protocol will be contentious issue, given Biden's roots.

He was a trump clone and only in the last few days has he denied trump is his god.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
...I guess the EU is desperately trying to convince Britain to rejoin?....or it is just my impression?:rolleyes:

I think it's just your impression. I think when the UK finally realises what a mistake it all was, we're the ones who are going to have to convince the EU to have us back.

ratiocinator

...I guess the EU is desperately trying to convince Britain to rejoin?....or it is just my impression?:rolleyes:

It's worth noting that a majority of the UK electorate already thinks it was a bad idea to leave and only a narrow majority would support staying out rather than applying to rejoin - and that was as of December before any of the real consequences were known (source).

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
It doesn't look like the current government would agree to another Scottish independence referendum.
Maybe Nicola Sturgeon will get angry and do a "Braveheart", invading England with an army of fierce Scottish fishermen. The Irish would support them with supplies of Guinness, not sure about the Welsh though...
Oh my cod! :p

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
And that says it all

Brexiteers mind in one cartoon - looking backwards, unelected leader, animals from abroad;

Still no benefits listed

Ah it was in response to your cartoon,it's early days but the more successful we are outside the EU aka France and Germany the more uncertain the EU's future,the big story now is frexit I think it's actually dawning on people what the EU is, to quote de Gaulle,"Europe is France and Germany,the rest are just trimmings" ,says it all really.

I am considering a new thread
votre boeuf au frexit,amazing how frexit is picking up momentum,the cracks are there for all to see in the EU,of course they won't allow a referendum there,the French also have their share of remoaners.

Martin

Ah it was in response to your cartoon,it's early days but the more successful we are outside the EU aka France and Germany the more uncertain the EU's future,the big story now is frexit I think it's actually dawning on people what the EU is, to quote de Gaulle,"Europe is France and Germany,the rest are just trimmings" ,says it all really.

votre boeuf au frexit,amazing how frexit is picking up momentum,the cracks are there for all to see in the EU,of course they won't allow a referendum there,the French also have their share of remoaners.

It remains to be seen whether the UK will be more successful outside the EU, but the early signs are not encouraging. The main practical consequence seems to be a lot more red tape and additional costs for UK businesses. Non-tariff barriers to trade.

Altfish

Veteran Member

You're back. Great to see you again.

Going really well isn't it this Brexit we've been sold

ratiocinator

...the more successful we are outside the EU...

Not looking good so far, is it? Mountains of red tape, goods being written off because it's too expensive to ship returns back, extra charges for people who buy from the EU, business being encouraged by the UK government to set up shop in the EU (thus exporting UK jobs to the EU), the fishing industry in uproar about being betrayed, food shortages in NI...

Martin

I suspect the full implications of Brexit will take some time to emerge. We may be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I suspect the full implications of Brexit will take some time to emerge. We may be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.
Do you remember the bus that said that.

We were "The poor man of Europe" before we joined the EU; we shall be the same again now we have left.

ChristineM

Premium Member

De Gaulle died over 50 years ago, Europe has moved on since the 5 member nations. Please keep up

I am thinking frexit is more in the mind of the right wing English media to divert from brexit problem that they are unwilling to face. Living in France, reading and watching French news it seems frexit is not a thing.

ChristineM

Premium Member

More your guess than impression. Yes it would certainly ease the problems the UK faces so humanity may suggest the eu would like the uk to rejoin, but desperately??? No.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
De Gaulle died over 50 years ago, Europe has moved on since the 5 member nations. Please keep up

I am thinking frexit is more in the mind of the right wing English media to divert from brexit problem that they are unwilling to face. Living in France, reading and watching French news it seems frexit is not a thing.

I think de Gaulle's quote is even more relevant today,checkout what macron said, "if there was a frexit referendum the. French people would vote to leave" and as I said before they won't allow it,just as they did for us for years.

We'll see about frexit,I guess they're pretty busy covering the failure with the vaccine supply and how useless macrons government has been.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
You're back. Great to see you again.

Going really well isn't it this Brexit we've been sold

Thankyou ,nice to be back,covids kept me busy,because nobody can go anywhere they're having home improvements done.

It's early days for brexit,there was always going to be problems,I think they will improve though.