• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Notanumber

A Free Man
That's not pessimism; it is what the Brexiteers used to call this option; until it was re-spun/renamed by Cummins

We have had more than three years of Remoaners calling it not fit to burn instead of calling for our democratic vote to be honoured.

Altfish

Veteran Member
We have had more than three years of Remoaners calling it not fit to burn instead of calling for our democratic vote to be honoured.
You do realise that when Johnson crashes us out on 31st January, Brexit is not done.
Brexit starts when we leave, we have then to do all the trade deals with a hand full of deuces.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Well said Jeff –

The Lib Dems thought they'd be on a roll right now, sweeping all before them with their promise to revoke the Article 50 letter and reverse Brexit.

Just three weeks ago, the new leader of the Lib Dems, Jo Swinson, claimed that she could be the next leader of the UK. "I never thought I’d stand here and say that I’m a candidate to be prime minister." She said. "But when I look at Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn, I am absolutely certain I could do a better job than either of them." And the Guardian reported: "Swinson told an event in Westminster that Brexit and other political shifts had made December’s election hugely unpredictable, and that she believed her party, which took just under 8% of the votes in 2017, and is polling at about 15% now, could win a majority." The trouble is, to get to do that job you have to convince more people than just yourself and the members of your own party. And at the moment it does look like she is odds on favourite to be the next Prime Minister ..... in some other parallel universe. But in this universe things are not looking quite as rosy for the party of Remain. One assumes that the idea was that by declaring for a full-blooded Brexit reversal, all those voters that put their cross in the Remain box in the 2016 EU referendum would instantly flock to her party. But with only 16 days to go to polling day, it hasn't quite panned out that way. And a major factor in all of this say the Lib Dems, is the decision by Nigel Farage to stand over half his Brexit Party team down to give the Tories a free run at seats they already hold and more. But I'm not sure that argument really stands up to scrutiny. Sure, with the Brexit Party standing back, the Leave vote is not split. But, the Remainers keep claiming that the whole country has changed its mind and wants to stay in the EU. And, despite the best efforts of Labour to try and move the debate onto domestic issues in an attempt to shield its leader, Jeremy Corbyn, from too many questions over his disastrous Brexit policy, despite that this is a Brexit General Election. A Brexit election, which has Labour losing support for all manner of reasons and looks set to fare badly in. So adding those two together the Lib Dems should be rocketing in the polls. But they're not. In fact, if anything their support base is dwindling by the day. At the end of the last parliament, the Lib dems had managed to accumulate 20 MPs, with some of them being serial movers trying to find a new home. And at the start of this General Election campaign the Lib dems were talking about winning, or at least doubling their share of Westminster seats so as to hold the balance of power. But it looks like their hopes are being dashed and they might end up finding it hard to retain all the seats they ended up with in the last parliament and the FT says that one senior party figure is saying that '...the mood in the Lib Dem camp is one of concern, close to despair'. And there is also no indication at all that the pollsters have got anything really wrong where the Lib Dems are concerned. So, what is it that's stopping their anti-Brexit march up the polls and into Number Ten? Is it their leader, Jo Swinson? Is it the rest of their anonymous leadership team? Is their whole plan built on a foundation of sand where the mood of the public over Brexit is concerned? Is it that, apart from where Brexit is concerned, no-one from outside the party seems to be able to name or explain any other of the Lib Dem manifesto promises? Or maybe, more probably, a combination of all these factors? Because our electorate as a whole is quite a sophisticated and knowledgeable beast. It can tell when someone is overreaching themselves. It can tell that something is wrong when you try to reverse a democratic vote without even implementing it first. And most importantly it can sniff out when a party is, for whatever reason, in difficulty - and that is something the Labour Party is rediscovering every day of this general election. But I have to say that in my view, it is the policy of reversing Brexit that is doing them the most damage.
Here's a lesson, this is copied and pasted ....

Johnson's attitude to non-exEtonians: -

on women.
  • In a farewell piece in the Spectator marking his exit as editor, Johnson advised his successor that way to deal with a woman colleague giving you advice is to “just pat her on the bottom and send her on her way”.

• Reporting for the Telegraph in 1996 he wrote an article about the Labour conference in Blackpool, which he devoted to reviewing the quality of “the hot totty” delegates who were present. He wrote: "time and again the 'Tottymeter' has gone off as a young woman delegate mounts the rostrum."

• Johnson allegedly had a calendar of naked women on his desk while working at the Telegraph, despite complaints from women colleagues.

• In 2005, while campaigning to be elected as a Conservative MP, Johnson said: "voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts".

• In 2012, while hosting the London Olympics as mayor, Johnson told his readers of the "magnificent" experience of watching "semi-naked women playing beach volleyball ... glistening like wet otters."

on LGBT+ people.
  • Johnson famously described gay men as “tank topped bum boys”.

• In his book Friends, Voters, Countrymen, published in 2001, Johnson wrote: “If gay marriage was OK – and I was uncertain on the issue – then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog.”

• Johnson once attacked Labour’s opposition to Section 28, writing:
    "Labour's appalling agenda, encouraging the teaching of homosexuality in schools, and all the rest of it."

• While he was Mayor of London, he spoke about gay men taking their husbands “up the Arcelor,” a reference to the Arcelor Mittal observation tower in London’s Olympic Park.
  • When he became prime minister, Johnson faced a call to apologise from his own party’s LGBT+ group. He did not respond.

on people of colour.
  • In 2002 in an article in the Telegraph Johnson described black people as “piccaninnies” with “watermelon smiles”.

• In 2018 Boris Johnson compared Muslim women to “bank robbers” and “‘letter boxes”. Tell MAMA reported that these comments were directly linked to a 375 per cent rise in anti-Muslim hate crime.

• In 2000, Johnson wrote that a "bunch of black kids" made him “turn a hair”, saying “if that is racial prejudice, then I am guilty”. He claimed Macpherson's reforms were "just as wrong" as Enoch Powell (the MP infamous for his racist 'rivers of blood' speech). He also claimed a key reform to let victims and third parties define if something is racist – now the national standard for prosecutors – was "Orwellian stuff" from the "PC brigade".
  • Writing for The Spectator in 2002, Johnson defended colonialism and advocated Britain reinstating control over colonies in Africa. He said “the problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge anymore." He wrote:
    “The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.”

• In 2016 Boris Johnson said Barack Obama had an “ancestral dislike” of the British Empire. After Obama removed a bust of Winston Churchill from the Oval office, Johnson wrote a column in The Sun in which he claimed the move was “a symbol of the part-Kenyan president’s ancestral dislike of the British Empire – of which Churchill had been such a fervent defender.”

Altfish

Veteran Member
By the bye Commission Von der Leyen has no British Member...which implies the UK is officially de facto out of the European Union.
Abandon all hopes, Remainer;)
We abandoned all hopes on June 17th 2016.

We are all now looking forward to the promised improvements to come.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I just wonder: when Salvini becomes Italian PM...It is obvious that he will not be allowed to set foot on Britain...
Which will put UK in a very embarassing situation...

Why? For he is known as one of the worst Islamophobes in world politics...:p

Altfish

Veteran Member
I just wonder: when Salvini becomes Italian PM...It is obvious that he will not be allowed to set foot on Britain...
Which will put UK in a very embarassing situation...

Why? For he is known as one of the worst Islamophobes in world politics...:p
If Johnson is PM, he'll be welcomed with open arms and they can share stories about 'women with letter boxes'

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If Johnson is PM, he'll be welcomed with open arms and they can share stories about 'women with letter boxes'
I wish Britain the best.
The EU is a mess...Merkel came to Rome recently to beg for money for her German banks which are in serious troubles. To give you an idea of how low she can stoop.
They want to steal our resources...they know we keep them hidden...the private savings of the Italians...

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Ursula von der Leyen says 'Europe can shape global order' after her Commission approved
COMMENTS

How undemocratic can the EU be,she picked two commission members that were rejected,poor woman had to choose two different ones,the gravy train rolls on.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Rumors say that Merkel came to Italy to ask for money to save the German Banks, the Deutsche Bank, to be precise, which is being enormously damaged by Brexit consequences.

Rumors underline that Merkel wants to use Italians' private savings (the credits towards the state) to punish the Italians for voting almost unanimously for Salvini and his pro-Brexit right-wing....since she is scared to death to face Salvini when he becomes PM.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Rumors say that Merkel came to Italy to ask for money to save the German Banks, the Deutsche Bank, to be precise, which is being enormously damaged by Brexit consequences.

Rumors underline that Merkel wants to use Italians' private savings (the credits towards the state) to punish the Italians for voting almost unanimously for Salvini and his pro-Brexit right-wing....since she is scared to death to face Salvini when he becomes PM.
Rumours!!!!

Rumours was Fleetwood Mac's 1977 release that catapulted them to stardom.