• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Altfish

Veteran Member
What I fail to understand is that the Brexiteers are so keen to carry out the "Will of the people" - why are they so frightened of a second vote now we know the details?
If, indeed, it is the "will of the people" aren't they guaranteed a crushing win?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
What I fail to understand is that the Brexiteers are so keen to carry out the "Will of the people" - why are they so frightened of a second vote now we know the details?
If, indeed, it is the "will of the people" aren't they guaranteed a crushing win?

Another referendums fine,I think it would be close though but what's the point of the losers want another one.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
So he must have an age in mind,where is it,"older generations" must be older than what age?.

Polling data shows that older people voted leave by 2 to 1 - looking at other polls, that looks like it's over 65. The only point that is significant is that people who have died since the referendum will be largely leave voters and people who have become eligible to vote are largely remain. The calculations are here:

In January 2019 Britain will officially switch from a pro-Brexit to an anti-Brexit country, and this is how we know.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Polling data shows that older people voted leave by 2 to 1 - looking at other polls, that looks like it's over 65. The only point that is significant is that people who have died since the referendum will be largely leave voters and people who have become eligible to vote are largely remain. The calculations are here:

In January 2019 Britain will officially switch from a pro-Brexit to an anti-Brexit country, and this is how we know.

I don't have much faith in polls,personally I think it would be close again if there is another referendum,where would that leave us?.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Added to that there was a significant complacency of the younger generation, many did not vote thinking they would not make a difference.
If a second referendum happened these youngsters would vote.

Notanumber

A Free Man
The more I see of the Jeff the more I like him and what he says.

If we had people of the same calibre as Jeff in the Cabinet, we would see something getting done.

Notanumber

A Free Man

That site doesn’t like ad blockers but I can understand why there are calls for anything that would justify MP’s claims that the People’s Vote was rigged. They clutching at straws.

These Remoaner MP’s in both major parties are between a rock and a hard place. They know that if they ignore the will of the people they will lose their seats at the next General Election. They know that other parties are available and those other parties will keep their promises.

Notanumber

A Free Man
When will the Remoaners open their eye and see what the EU actually stands for?

The MSM = Propaganda. The Internet = Free Speech. The EU hates Free Speech.

Jeff was on the case last year.

Altfish

Veteran Member
When will the Remoaners open their eye and see what the EU actually stands for?

The MSM = Propaganda. The Internet = Free Speech. The EU hates Free Speech.

Jeff was on the case last year.

Automobile job, banking jobs, manufacturing jobs and all round prosperity.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It is fascinating to see how other people have different priorities.

What value is the illusion of prosperity when you have lost your freedom?
I have lived as part of the EU for over 40-years, I have not lost one single freedom.
Can I ask for a list of 'freedoms' that you believe you have lost? Perhaps you can extend my list...

1. Can't have blue passports (False)
2. Can't have any shaped banana (false)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
1. Can't have blue passports (False)
2. Can't have any shaped banana (false)
3. Can't have british sausages (false)
4. Can't have british chocolate (false)

Note
british sausages tend to be fat, gristle and reclaimed meat products, most welcome to the true brit gourmet.
And british chocolate, fats, emulsifiers, sugar and cocoa like flavouring.

These are freedoms i could have gladly done without (and did) when i lived in the uk.

Sausage, the truth
The infamous “euro-sausage” threatens British bangers - European Commission

And chocolate
The Great European Union Chocolate Battle

Notanumber

A Free Man
You are concerned with minutiae when you should be concerned about the bigger picture.

BTW, The British economy is doing great despite Brexit or more likely because of it.