• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The country didn't vote for the maastrich treaty either but I get what your saying although that's standard lying for everything we vote for in elections,it's not like nobody has lied before to get a vote.

The Maastricht treaty was part advised and penned by the elected uk government before being ratified and signed by them on your behalf.

And those liers get kicked out next election. Well we be having a brexit referendum every handful of years.

Notanumber

A Free Man
It looks like Jeremy Corbyn is the Brexiteer's secret weapon. He and his brother in arms Owen are so stealthy.

If I were a wealthy banker, the last place I would want to move to would be Europe.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well the coop bank does.

But my point being many of those banks with corporate offices in the UK, are leaving the sinking ship to base themselves in europe. At a cost of thousands of veryvery paid jobs.

But never mind, those unemployed bankers can take the low paid hospital and farming jobs traditionally taken my immigrants and refugees. So thats all ok then

An honest day's work wouldnt do the any harm.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The ECJ has already ruled that we can unilaterally revoke article 50 and keep exactly the same terms as we have now: ECJ ruling on Article 50.

We would need to ask for an extension to hold a referendum but I don't see the EU27 blocking that in those circumstances and, if they did, we could always revoke anyway and the re-invoke Article 50 if the vote went for leave.

Well I hope that doesn't happen,if there were a narrow victory for remain would we have to have further referendums?.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Well I hope that doesn't happen,if there were a narrow victory for remain would we have to have further referendums?.

Knock yourself out. The demographics have almost certainly already wiped out the leave majority, even if nobody who voted in 2016 has change their minds (source), and we are only going to get more pro-EU as time goes by. It's the older generations that votes leave and there is a large pro-EU majority amongst the younger generations.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Malcolm Rifkind sums it up...

"Senior British Conservative politicians, in recent months, have likened the EU to the Soviet Union and more recently Nazi Germany so I think Donald Tusk is fairly restrained.

His views of how Brexiteers have been behaving, I was thinking about this, it's kinda like when you are on a train and there is a child who is screaming and there is a parent there who doesn't really care and is going 'look, this is everybody's problem.'

That kinda seems to be the Brexiteer approach to bringing about Brexit is to decide that it is for everyone to deal with, everyone in the EU. We've all got to come together and solve this problem.

They are quite justified to say 'no, this is Britain's problem. This is a thing that Britain has inflicted on the block. It's a problem for Britain to solve.'

The Brexiteer approach from the outset has been to call for this thing, to campaign for this thing and then expect for all the problems that it raises to be identified and solved by other people.

Then when you have a government that tries to solve them they go 'well, not like that' but still never acknowledging ownership of the fact the problem exists, never accepting responsibility for the problem that exists.

I'm not surprised that Donald Tusk is astonished at there behaviour because so am I."

Notanumber

A Free Man
Malcolm Rifkind sums it up...

"Senior British Conservative politicians, in recent months, have likened the EU to the Soviet Union and more recently Nazi Germany so I think Donald Tusk is fairly restrained.

His views of how Brexiteers have been behaving, I was thinking about this, it's kinda like when you are on a train and there is a child who is screaming and there is a parent there who doesn't really care and is going 'look, this is everybody's problem.'

That kinda seems to be the Brexiteer approach to bringing about Brexit is to decide that it is for everyone to deal with, everyone in the EU. We've all got to come together and solve this problem.

They are quite justified to say 'no, this is Britain's problem. This is a thing that Britain has inflicted on the block. It's a problem for Britain to solve.'

The Brexiteer approach from the outset has been to call for this thing, to campaign for this thing and then expect for all the problems that it raises to be identified and solved by other people.

Then when you have a government that tries to solve them they go 'well, not like that' but still never acknowledging ownership of the fact the problem exists, never accepting responsibility for the problem that exists.

I'm not surprised that Donald Tusk is astonished at there behaviour because so am I."

Double standards abound.

Just imagine the uproar if Tommy Robinson had said something half as bad.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Your video was mildly amusing but it does show the desperation of the Remoaners that they are having to resort to childish levels of propaganda.
That's not propaganda! That's humour.
Brexiteers seem to have had a humour by-pass and are all turning into snowflakes.