• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's wrong with these people that call for the Death of all Jews?

David1967

Premium Member
"This man reminds me of a rabid dog."

How is this not more insulting to you? o_O

I don't mean this as disrespectful to anyone, Muslim or Jew, but if someone was calling for the death of any particular people in the name of my religion, I would hope someone of my faith would call them out lest others get the impression that it was the norm to do so.

David1967

Premium Member
Muslims in Norway hold hands around a synagogue in Oslo, in solidarity with Jewish people.

oslo-muslim-human-_3208888b.jpg

Also: https://ing.org/events/muslims-and-jews-standing-together-in-solidarity/

There are varied views, to say the least.

Hopefully this will happen more often.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't mean this as disrespectful to anyone, Muslim or Jew, but if someone was calling for the death of any particular people in the name of my religion, I would hope someone of my faith would call them out lest others get the impression that it was the norm to do so.
Some individual Muslims have been calling for the death of Jews for a while.

james bond

https://www.memri.org/reports/addre...allah-annihilate-white-house-satan-trump-jews

Speaking at Al-Aqsa Mosque on May 19, 2017, Palestinian cleric Ali Abu Ahmad called U.S. President Donald Trump "the White House Satan" and prayed to Allah to "annihilate Trump and the conspirators" and to "annihilate all the Jews."

Why do Muslims clerics like this call for the death of people? Doesn't Islam bill itself as the religion of peace. How are death threats peaceful?

This man reminds me of a rabid dog. These death-mongers will chew up everyone that crosses their path.

This is just rhetoric that's happened many times before. I wouldn't get too excited about it. An act of terrorism or a military strike would be different. Hope cooler heads prevail. I think any religion can start a war, so I'm not even concered about "the religion of piece" statements.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
https://www.memri.org/reports/addre...allah-annihilate-white-house-satan-trump-jews

Speaking at Al-Aqsa Mosque on May 19, 2017, Palestinian cleric Ali Abu Ahmad called U.S. President Donald Trump "the White House Satan" and prayed to Allah to "annihilate Trump and the conspirators" and to "annihilate all the Jews."

Why do Muslims clerics like this call for the death of people? Doesn't Islam bill itself as the religion of peace. How are death threats peaceful?

This man reminds me of a rabid dog. These death-mongers will chew up everyone that crosses their path.

Population pressure causes people to seek scape-goats for the suffering caused by too many demands.
It has little to do with their beliefs directly, every society has suffered from this at some time or other.
This is why willful abstinence from sexuality is a character-trait more valuable than gold or pretty girls.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I think there is a difference in how death is viewed between Jews and Muslims and has to do with why this Imam does not see what he is doing as evil. Here is how I currently think it is:

This Imam who is calling for the death of all Jews, ironically, may not hate Jews as much as it sounds like. He sees death differently.

As a Jew if you were going to kill someone you'd think that you were permanently robbing the world and changing that person's fate, so for you killing someone is very mean and the ultimate sin. For a Muslim neither death nor life is an escape from Islam or God's judgment which is fateful. What is death to them? It is a curtain only and does not even change your fate. (I am no expert on Islam, so correct me if I'm mistaken.) I think that they believe that God chooses the fate of each person heaven or hell and that if you are an unbeliever of Muhammad and Jesus it is because God has chosen you are to be one. If you are fated for Hell then to Hell you go. It may or may not be a sin to kill you, but they do not see it as a change in your ultimate destiny.

For that reason although the Imam has called for the culling of all Jews there is less spite in it than if he believed that he was really putting an end to your existence.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Because the Islamic literature says this:

Sahih Muslim Book 041, Hadith Number 6985.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

Sahih Muslim Book 041, Hadith Number 6985.
There are many Hadiths. Not all Muslims treat them as legitimate. So, this Hadith doesn't represent Islam in general. Only the Quran does.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
"This man reminds me of a rabid dog."

How is this not more insulting to you? o_O
It's not a personal insult to anyone on this forum. It is permitted to criticize public figures like Clerics. Plus, anyone who asks for the "death of all Jews" deserves to be ridiculed. Jews have been demonized throughout history, and the Third Reich actually attempted to eradicate them from Europe.

This Cleric reminds me of the mess that a rabid dog leaves on the carpet.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
The OP is playing it wrong. First he said what is wrong with those people, and then he gave a clue that he is chatting about Muslims. There is others groups that might not like Jews.
Actually, you are wrong. The OP is asking what is wrong with Muslim clerics who call for the death of entire populations. The OP actually points out that this Cleric seems to go against the teachings of Islam.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Wonderful to know that this thread has been hijacked by a Muslim.

Can we return to the topic instead of letting Muslims derail it when it exposes the antisemitsm and violence in their religion?
I don't think it has anything to do with him being a Muslim. Maybe he just hates Jews.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Great, I'm glad you liked it - let's chat sometimes.

Isn't there other groups that don't like Jews? Why does this topic have to be about Muslims? It should be about those people who want to kill Jews.
The OP clearly shows that the quote the title is based on was from a Muslim Cleric. Do you not see that?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
There are many Hadiths. Not all Muslims treat them as legitimate. So, this Hadith doesn't represent Islam in general. Only the Quran does.
Sahih is the highest category of hadith. The most trusted. You can't just throw them out because you don't like them. That's called cherry picking.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Sahih is the highest category of hadith. The most trusted. You can't just throw them out because you don't like them. That's called cherry picking.
As I said, different sects of Islam consider different Hadiths legitimate. Not all Muslims consider this hadith to be legitimate.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

What wrong with them is their religious belief. Their beliefs are destructive and I think the rest of the world needs to let these folks know their belief will not be accepted or tolerated by anyone.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Sahih Muslim is considered legitimate by the majority of Muslims, but not all.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Great point. I would think any Muslims would jump on the opportunity to ridicule this maniac.