1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's wrong with Hillary?

Discussion in 'Political Debates' started by Spiderman, Aug 26, 2016.

1. fantome profane

fantome profane Keep safe, and keep your neighbours safe.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,898
    Can you really imagine someone who supports LGBTQ rights looking at Hillary's imperfect record on this topic and deciding to vote for Trump because of it? Would someone who cares about LGBTQ rights decide to vote for someone who says he disagrees with the Supreme court decision to allow same-sex marriage and would open up the door for states to ban it? Would they vote for a ticket that includes Mike Pence who championed the discriminatory rfra? If you believe this please keep bringing up the issue of LGBTQ and equal rights.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Acim

Acim Revelation all the time

Ratings:
    +686
    If LGT rights were the only thing the voter you speak of cares about, I imagine they will vote for Hillary. If the rest of their life / concerns go unmet, but they get to marry someone of whatever gender they currently identify with is the same, then on that count, they'll be satisfied.

3. SkepticThinker

SkepticThinker Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,135
    She doesn't exhibit symptoms of any of those things.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SkepticThinker

SkepticThinker Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,135
    I was just thinking the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mercy Not Sacrifice

Mercy Not Sacrifice Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263
    It's part of the ridiculous "both sides are the same" bullcrap. I mean really, I'm sure that VP Pence would be a great defender of LGBTQ rights. :rolleyes:

6. Mercy Not Sacrifice

Ratings:
    +263
    It is a double standard that the corporate media has perpetuated. Apparently it's OK for Trump to change his stance on immigration in one week despite the fact that it's one of the core parts of his campaign. Yet if HRC even slightly deviates from a position she held decades ago, ER MAH GERD SHAY'S A FLIP-FLOPPUR!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +17,392
    Religion:
    ecumenical & naturalistic Catholic
    Proof that great minds think alike!

:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mercy Not Sacrifice

Ratings:
    +263
    Those words do not suggest that you think gay marriage is a very big issue.

9. Acim

Ratings:
    +686
    I do not think marriage, in general, is a big issue for what government needs to be concerned about.

If government is going to be involved, just allow all of what consenting adults may wish to do.

10. Acim

Ratings:
    +686
    I see both as being hounded by the media that opposes them when the change is made. It is bizarre to me that you paint it this way.

Trump was very strong on immigration in primaries. He then hints at softening up, and opposing media treats that as full flip. Let's see what his policy speech tomorrow says on that matter before we decide if its a full flip.

Before the speech and before the alleged flip in last week his stance is/was:
    - build a wall (Mexico pays for it)
    - deport all illegal immigrants, allow them back in if they go through the legal process (or how immigration is supposed to work)
    - do not grant amnesty or anything resembling full citizenship, simply because they are in the country now and there is no other (humane) choice to make

I predict he'll bend a little on the last two, but will still favor deportation (as really everyone already does, or as Obama is currently doing). I think he'll allow amnesty that doesn't remotely guarantee full citizenship.

A full flip would be he no longer sees a wall as necessary, thinks deportation ought to be done either not at all or rarely, and does favor amnesty that guarantees full citizenship to immigrants who are here illegally.

With Hillary on SSM, I truly believe it is already acknowledged in this thread that it is a full flip. And acknowledge that it was for political expedience - or unpopular before to have the principled position of favoring SSM, but popular now to have that position.

11. fantome profane

fantome profane Keep safe, and keep your neighbours safe.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,898
    Sure, and I don't want to characterise anyone or any group as a one issue voter(s). But just pointing out that this issue favours Hillary. So please keep bringing it up as often as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Revoltingest

Revoltingest Abnormal before it was fashionable
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +70,308
    Religion:
    Atheist
    In the news today.....
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...n-physicians-and-surgeons-aaps-300325065.html

13. Spiderman

Spiderman Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +4,704
    Religion:
    Shintopathic
    At least she has a sense of humor and even willing to mildly mock and laugh at herself and her quirks. She reminds me of my mom :)

14. Quetzal

Quetzal A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,339
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Spiderman

Spiderman Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +4,704
    Religion:
    Shintopathic
    Wait! Bernie is still in the race?

16. Quetzal

Quetzal A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,339
    Nah, but if for whatever reason the Hawk has to take a back seat, Bernie might drive for awhile.

17. YmirGF

YmirGF Bodhisattva

Ratings:
    +14,883
    Religion:
    Beyond the Light
    I think you also might have mass suicides over a the DNC headquarters if that was to come to pass.

And let's not forget that the odious Julian Assange has a few more little stink-bombs up his sleeve.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spiderman

Spiderman Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +4,704
    Religion:
    Shintopathic
    If that is really Hillary and Bill playing the clintons in "Hillary Rodham Gump ", she deserves to be president :

That was a tear jerker *sniff sniff *

Whether she and Billy or Forest Trump get into office, either way, comedians will have a ball :D

19. Underhill

Underhill Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,237
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    Oh come on. Yes, he lied. But that has nothing to do with the 'vast right wing conspiracy' she is talking about. The entire Ken Star investigation was a witch hunt by a partisan bum out for blood. Feel free to tell me why a guy hired to investigate a land deal was asking about a blowjob in the first place? The whole thing was absurdity stacked on top of absurdity.

Denying this today, after seeing how the Republicans spent tens of millions politicizing a embassy attack, is just nuts. The only thing that makes the notion of a conspiracy questionable is the fact that the right wing does these things right out in the open.

• Like Like x 3
  20. 'mud

'mud ~~ Life is Stuff ~~
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,367
    Religion:
    ~~ LIFE ~~
    Doing the usual......as usual !
    ~
    'mud