• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whats wrong with being eaten by an alligator?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
  • First of all, is it a sin?
  • I can think of more painful and more frightening ways to die, so is there really any reason for objecting?
  • Does selling encounters with alligators square with the law? If not why not?
  • Suppose that Earth has only 2 alligators left and 2 humans, male and female, both pairs the last of their kind and all are trapped by a time lock in a safe for the next five days, and they are all starving? They must eat, and there are no vegetables available. What should happen, ideally? Which species ought to be the one that eats?
  • All right, so assuming its not a sin to be eaten by an alligator is it still wrong? If its still wrong then isn't that a sin?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Whats wrong with being eaten by an alligator?

Oy vey. What's wrong with it? You don't get fricken dessert! How much more wrong can a meal get? :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I wouldn't quite call it a sin for an alligator to eat a human, but I would say that any alligator that would eat me has bad taste in humans.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Suppose that Earth has only 2 alligators left and 2 humans, male and female, both pairs the last of their kind and all are trapped by a time lock in a safe for the next five days, and they are all starving? They must eat, and there are no vegetables available. What should happen, ideally? Which species ought to be the one that eats?

If I were one of the humans in this situation I would choose to eat the alligators rather than sacrifice myself. Besides, both species are already doomed, anyway.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
*twitch*

Quintessence's brain is having a fit with the memories of what this was inspired by. I think I'm going to cry in a corner over here...

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
You are all great sports, and maybe that's why its wrong to be eaten by an alligator.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately, people today are so loaded with toxic chemicals that they can not be recommended as a food source.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
  • I can think of more painful and more frightening ways to die, so is there really any reason for objecting?
  • Suppose that Earth has only 2 alligators left and 2 humans, male and female, both pairs the last of their kind and all are trapped by a time lock in a safe for the next five days, and they are all starving? They must eat, and there are no vegetables available. What should happen, ideally? Which species ought to be the one that eats?
  • All right, so assuming its not a sin to be eaten by an alligator is it still wrong? If its still wrong then isn't that a sin?

Well, if I was locked up with two alligators, do I get any weapons? Or is it straight hand-to-hand (paw?) combat? Or could it be one of those tests, like the Metrons used on Captain Kirk and the Gorn?

Those 'gators are pretty nasty, from what I understand. I've seen some pretty gruesome videos of what happens to humans who get too close to them.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, if I was locked up with two alligators, do I get any weapons? Or is it straight hand-to-hand (paw?) combat? Or could it be one of those tests, like the Metrons used on Captain Kirk and the Gorn?
I hadn't thought about it. Its a bank safe, so you could probably climb up onto something out of reach and wait for the gators to starve to death.

Those 'gators are pretty nasty, from what I understand. I've seen some pretty gruesome videos of what happens to humans who get too close to them.
Assume you would not have to worry about how nasty the gators were. It occurs to me that you haven't expressed any concern about the other human. What if they don't like alligator?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Being eaten by an alligator is just so.... low class, so second-rate.
Anybody who is anybody would prefer to be eaten by a crocodile, preferably an Ozzy Salt-water one.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Being eaten by an alligator is just so.... low class, so second-rate.
Anybody who is anybody would prefer to be eaten by a crocodile, preferably an Ozzy Salt-water one.

Have to agree with you there... Being eaten by an alligator smacks of redneckedness at it's worse.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Do alligators taste just like chicken? Then, yum.

But if chomp came to squeeze, I might prefer being eaten by a boa constrictor because then I could sing that famous song.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I hadn't thought about it. Its a bank safe, so you could probably climb up onto something out of reach and wait for the gators to starve to death.

Assume you would not have to worry about how nasty the gators were. It occurs to me that you haven't expressed any concern about the other human. What if they don't like alligator?

Well, if all we had to eat was alligator, then we'd have no other choice. I guess it would depend on how it's cooked.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Do alligators taste just like chicken? Then, yum.

But if chomp came to squeeze, I might prefer being eaten by a boa constrictor because then I could sing that famous song.

Better than chicken! If you've never eaten alligator tail then do yourself a favor and find some.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Have to agree with you there... Being eaten by an alligator smacks of redneckedness at it's worse.

Yeah........ hardly de-rigeur. Innit?
Look....... to get eaten by a crocodile you have to have flown around the world to somewhere like Oz, not that I can think of any reason why anybody would actually bovver. .

Or you would have to be snatched off the deck of a luxury Nile cruise boat on an Agatha Christie Cruise. You see? It's yer class, innit?

But why would any distinguished person be somewhere .like a Louisiana backwater, FGS? F'finstance.....Scenario, a posh party. Two proper ladies trying to impress each other.:-
We were staying in a chateau on Lake Geneva this summer, you know..... beautifully cool.
Yeah? We was darn them swamps getting a good tan, mate.

:facepalm: Oh no.,....