1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's worse Necrophilia or Homosexuality?

Discussion in 'Biblical Debates' started by Halcyon, Jan 28, 2007.

1. dawny0826

dawny0826 Mother Heathen

Ratings:
    +2,200
    Religion:
    Non-Denominational Christian
    Kind of tells me that even God finds sex with a corpse to be pretty creepy.:shrug:

2. Neale

Neale Debonaire Rationale

Ratings:
    +28
    If one were to have sex with a corpse of the same gender, does that count as two sins? :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike182

Mike182 Flaming Queer

Ratings:
    +1,388
    silly, people of the same gender can't physically have sex :p

4. standing_on_one_foot

standing_on_one_foot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +151
    Wasn't touching a corpse in any way considered unclean, though? Which would rather make sex difficult, I should think. As I recall, there were pretty strong prohibitions about corpses in general. I suspect necrophelia would have been considered less of an issue than some of the more likely things that were considered sexually immoral, in part because it had already been established that corpses were unclean.

5. nutshell

nutshell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +669
    What's fudged up are homo and hetero sexuals practicing anal sex.

6. Katzpur

Katzpur Not your average Mormon

Ratings:
    +6,235
    Religion:
    LDS Christian
    What about John 19:10-11? It definitely implies that this isn't the case.

Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

7. Guitar's Cry

Guitar's Cry Verisimilitudinous

Ratings:
    +2,770
    Religion:
    Panreligious mystical paganism
    Ah, but homosexuality isn't always about fleshly lust. Sex between men can be a completely loving act; a physical manifestation of their love.

Necrophilia doesn't necessarily mean "sex with the dead." A literal translation would be "love of the dead." But I suppose I should stick with the sexual vernacular version rather than being a wise guy, shouldn't I? :D

What is morally wrong about sex with the dead? Leaving the "ich" factor behind, what makes it wrong? The body is no longer perceiving anything, so there's no risk of rape. There is only our continued reverence for the flesh that was once a loved one. But objectively, it's just dead tissue. It could be argued that using sheepskin condoms is combining zoophilia and necrophilia. The skin is the dead tissue off a living being.

But, this is about intent. The sheepskin condom is not used for the pleasure of using a sheepskin. The dead body is used for the pleasure of using a dead body. It would appear that there is something abnormal psychologically going in. Indeed, necrophilia is a paraphilia - a psychosexual disorder. But is that an immorality?

Culturally, it certainly is agreed to be.

8. Quoth The Raven

Quoth The Raven Half Arsed Muse

Ratings:
    +733
    Yeah, but the point Hal is trying to make is that God apparently finds sex between a loving homosexual couple creepier than sex with a corpse.:sarcastic