• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's up with the world ending?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I don't know specifics, as stated above, nobody does. From my understanding it will be a spectacle the whole world will witness.

Okay. I can live with that. But it seems we are still bordering the subjective.

Rational Agnostic

Ragnarok is the prophecy of the end-times in Norse myth, where a new world rises from the ashes of a great war. The Mayan calendar ended in 2012 (when compared to the Georgian calendar) which people misinterpreted. Now apparently Biblical numerologists think the world will end two days from now.

Why do some care so much about when and how the world will end? How did the world not "end" already in the past? For all we know Ragnarok passed and we're living in it's ashes. And it's not like the world ending or continuing will change the fact that we're gonna die someday, predicted or not.

Honestly why worry so much about the world ending questions in the first place?

Exactly right. I'm not worried about the apocalypse, because I probably won't live to see it. I'd rather focus on living a fulfilling life while I can, since as you said, we're all gonna die but almost certainly not from a global catastrophe.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
This same crap has been speculated on decade after decade, century after century, millenia to millenia and guess what? It AIN'T ever gonna happen because we don't even have any empirical proof that a god exists.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
We announce the end of the current government system, not the earth/world per se. Although there are signs mentioned in the bible there are no dates indicated.
There were a few idiots who decided it was taking too long and they came up with numeric theories and supposed dates but nothing happened on those dates so I hope they finally accepted Mark 13:32 and stopped making the rest of us look bad.

Actually those dates served a purpose. We have never predicted a "day or hour", but only suggested that a certain year might be the one to see the Kingdom come and God's will finally done on earth. That hope was never wrong. It gave a lot of people hope and carried them through a rough period as the Vietnam war was coming to an end. I was one of them. "Hope serves as an anchor for the soul" and I know that it gave many something good to look forward to. It was never presented as a statement of prediction, but more like a "wouldn't it be nice if all the rot ended?"

Some took it too far and sold up all their belongings....but no one was ever told to do that. It was always on a wait and see basis. Those who were disappointed when it didn't happen showed that their service to God was centered around a year and that their motives were really selfishness; many such ones were weeded out of the brotherhood. Some of them are still bitter and hateful, but the faithful are all still here serving God by preaching the good news as Jesus instructed...right to the end. Those who left us are in limbo.....they had nowhere to go, and many are too proud to come back. That is sad because they get all bent out of shape and have nothing but vengeance in their hearts for something they did to themselves. My hope has not wavered in 45 years. We really don't care what the world thinks of us. (John 15:18-21)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This same crap has been speculated on decade after decade, century after century, millenia to millenia and guess what? It AIN'T ever gonna happen because we don't even have any empirical proof that a god exists.
But what's God have to do with the end of the world? War, pandemic or climate change are the things most likely to do us in.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Ragnarok is the prophecy of the end-times in Norse myth, where a new world rises from the ashes of a great war. The Mayan calendar ended in 2012 (when compared to the Georgian calendar) which people misinterpreted. Now apparently Biblical numerologists think the world will end two days from now.

Why do some care so much about when and how the world will end? How did the world not "end" already in the past? For all we know Ragnarok passed and we're living in it's ashes. And it's not like the world ending or continuing will change the fact that we're gonna die someday, predicted or not.

Honestly why worry so much about the world ending questions in the first place?

Well..... if I post on Sunday....you know the interpretation of the prophecy was wrong

Well.....hello...its Sunday....looks like he was wrong.....

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I may have expired earlier this morning. Will check my blood pressure later to confirm.