• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's unique to your religion?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, especially in Britain. This is an atheist nation.

I don't know about that. A lot of contemporary Paganism has its roots in Britain before it got exported to the rest of the English-speaking world. That's the case with Wicca, and it's the case with Druidry. Which then begs the question of why an atheist nation is spurning so many cool new religious movements, yeah? But I'm glad they did, because I'm part of that too now! Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids for the win! :D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No community. No communal worship. No dress codes, rituals, set prayers, groups or organisations. Hardly any Noahides at all.
Sounds like heaven to me :) but then I am not much for socializing in person, on only on forums. :D
I am also a nonconformist, so I do not like dress codes, set prayers, communal worship, or rituals.
I am not called Trailblazer for nothing....:D

May I ask if there is a reason why Noahides cannot worship with Jewish people? After all, from what I have read they do hold essentially the same beliefs.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds like heaven to me :) but then I am not much for socializing in person, on only on forums. :D
I am also a nonconformist, so I do not like dress codes, set prayers, communal worship, or rituals.
I am not called Trailblazer for nothing....:D

May I ask if there is a reason why Noahides cannot worship with Jewish people? After all, from what I have read they do hold essentially the same beliefs.
They can, but they usually have services in Hebrew, plus there's no Jewish community near me for miles and miles and miles and....

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I just believe my religion is true and cannot change that. I won't exchange truth for a happy lie.
I respect that because I feel the same way about my religion, then again I am only alone because I choose to be alone since Baha'is have so many social activities. They are now all via Zoom and that means there are more than ever before since anyone can attend a Zoom meeting from home. I'd never have time for anything else if I started getting involved in their activities. I also do not feel like I am part of the Baha'i community since my life is so different from the average Baha'i and I am not even on the same page with what I believe Baha'is should be doing, so I would probably feel even more alone in a crowd of Baha'is whereas I never feel alone when I am on RF with nonbelievers adn people of all different reloigions. :)

I am sorry the isolation causes you to be suicidal. I often feel suicidal but for other reasons. :(

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I respect that because I feel the same way about my religion, then again I am only alone because I choose to be alone since Baha'is have so many social activities. They are now all via Zoom and that means there are more than ever before since anyone can attend a Zoom meeting from home. I'd never have time for anything else if I started getting involved in their activities. I also do not feel like I am part of the Baha'i community since my life is so different from the average Baha'i and I am not even on the same page with what I believe Baha'is should be doing, so I would probably feel even more alone in a crowd of Baha'is whereas I never feel alone when I am on RF with nonbelievers adn people of all different reloigions. :)

I am sorry the isolation causes you to be suicidal. I often feel suicidal but for other reasons. :(
My condolences, sister.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
plus there's no Jewish community near me for miles and miles and miles and....
There are some Baha'is in that situation since some live rurally and nowhere near a Baha'i community, but I am not THAT rural. I am only about six miles from the outskirts of a city, but it is country living.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, especially in Britain. This is an atheist nation.
Oh, I did not know that is where you live. I live in the USA and there are not many atheists here. Christians are in the majority and the other religions are in the minority.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, I did not know that is where you live. I live in the USA and there are not many atheists here. Christians are in the majority and the other religions are in the minority.
Here you automatically assume anyone you meet is an atheist unless you're given to think otherwise.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Here you automatically assume anyone you meet is an atheist unless you're given to think otherwise.

I’ll have to make sure I pack my I :heart: HINDUISM Speedos if I ever visit Britain.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
There aren't still a lot of churches in Great Britain? I am surprised. I wonder what happened. o_O
We dropped religion like a brick after WWII, really. It happened across most of Europe, save Poland and Hungary.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Best wishes, and may you find best friends and comfort in the coming year.
Thanks! Yes, many sages connect between Yom Kippur and Purim. There is an aspect of judgment also in Purim, just like in Yom Kippur at the beginning of the year.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
We do baptisms for people who died not being members so that they can convert after they're dead.
We also have the Book of Mormon which we believe had to have been written anciently, the only book claiming to be directly dictated by God "Doctrine & Covenants," the gift of the Holy Ghost, and an afterlife where you can be like God.