• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the deal with all these beards these days?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Aren't they uncomfortable to wear? I think they are very unsanitary. I think they're gross. I think they're barbaric. They look creepy too. They look dirty and uncouth. They look beastly and non-human.

It's the stupidest fashion thing guys ever took up.

SHAVE for goodness sakes.

Funny you mention this, because I just recently shaved my chin for the first time in 20 years (I always do the opposite of trends).

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
10 Longest Beards In The World [2019] – BeardStyle

#1 Hans Nilsen Langseth – longest beard on earth

A native of Norway, Hans Nilsen Langseth or widely known as the King of Whiskers is the World Record Holder for the longest beard sizing up to 17-feet and 6-inches long. His beard was only measured during his burial at Kensett, Iowa in the year 1927. Although he was already residing in the United States for 15 years, it was never been measured not until he died. By the year 1967, it was presented to the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC, U.S.A.

Hans-Nilsen-Langseth-e1446060607819-585x733.png

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Aren't they uncomfortable to wear? I think they are very unsanitary. I think they're gross. I think they're barbaric. They look creepy too. They look dirty and uncouth. They look beastly and non-human.

It's the stupidest fashion thing guys ever took up.

SHAVE for goodness sakes.
I really can't grow a decent beard. It ends up looking like a strap holding my hair on. But the world would be a less interesting place without them.

ZZ-Top-Billy-Gibbons-Frank-Beard-Dusty-2003.jpg
Would you recognize these guys without the beards? Incidentally, the guy without the beard is Frank Beard.

Where would the Soggy Bottom Boys be without the beards?
7c7067ef88f866c1529637fad48c273b.jpg

Then there are cool beards like Marco Hietala's.
1200px-Tuska_20130630_-_Nightwish_-_51.jpg

And of course there is John Travolta with his beard.
4D09F46900000578-0-image-m-77_1528440507074.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I really can't grow a decent beard. It ends up looking like a strap holding my hair on. But the world would be a less interesting place without them.

ZZ-Top-Billy-Gibbons-Frank-Beard-Dusty-2003.jpg
Would you recognize these guys without the beards? Incidentally, the guy without the beard is Frank Beard.

Where would the Soggy Bottom Boys be without the beards?
7c7067ef88f866c1529637fad48c273b.jpg

Then there are cool beards like Marco Hietala's.
1200px-Tuska_20130630_-_Nightwish_-_51.jpg

And of course there is John Travolta with his beard.
4D09F46900000578-0-image-m-77_1528440507074.jpg

BkuEF3ZIUAIZWQ1.jpg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I grow a pathetic beard, so have never had one -- though an epic moustache helps make up for the deficit.

My lover, on the other hand, has not...in the last 25 years, been permitted to shave off his beard, once a beautiful brown, now nearly as white as snow. I still insist that he keep it, although nicely trimmed. (When he was paralyzed in hospital, we couldn't do much, so it grew out way too scraggly. Our first trip out of rehab was to take a cab to a very expensive barber for a professional trimming.)